Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Credit where credits due!

Comments

• Options
    For those who want Crystal Palace to go up I've looked at NLA's enormous crystal balls and seen this article to come in June 2013 sometime:

Newly promoted Premiership giants Crystal Palace urgently need to find a replacement for Manchester United bound talisman Wilfred Zaha.

The answer could lie on their doorstep as 19 year old Norbury born and bred Callum Harriott is out of contract at neighbours Charlton Athletic.

The Premiership giants would just have to give their plucky little South East London neighbours a small development fee for the exciting teenage winger and could acquire the bargain of the season.

• Options
    Nurse.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

For those who want Crystal Palace to go up I've looked at NLA's enormous crystal balls and seen this article to come in June 2013 sometime:

Newly promoted Premiership giants Crystal Palace urgently need to find a replacement for Manchester United bound talisman Wilfred Zaha.

The answer could lie on their doorstep as 19 year old Norbury born and bred Callum Harriott is out of contract at neighbours Charlton Athletic.

The Premiership giants would just have to give their plucky little South East London neighbours a small development fee for the exciting teenage winger and could acquire the bargain of the season.

That's not funny.
  • Options
    Really don't give a shit about Palace, I said after the after the last game of the season, they'll probably win the play-offs.

I would prefer them to go up simply because of Watford's ridiculous plastic squad issues, and the fact that they're cheating twats and would rather have a day out there than trapesing back to s**thurst park. More concerned with Charlton myself.

However, it is gutting that both them and Millwank have been to Wembley, but thank GOD it isn't the Bermondsey inbreds with a chance of promotion.
  • Options
    If palace get promoted it will make me physically sick and to suggest we need to give then credit is alien to me. Get real.
  • Options
    Completely agreed Beds. No praise for Palace is ever warranted and just reading suggestions of it on here is making me wretch.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Agreed .. I have never really got this hate thy neighbour attitude over 50 years of watching football .. let the primitive scots have their religious differences, this whole attitude of hate has overtones of postcode gangs, estate rivalry, stab your neighbours for setting foot in the wrong street.
    I am always happy when we beat our neighbours but I do not revel in their difficulties nor am I jealous of their success. As an old Temptations song says: 'Don't Let the Jonses Get You Down'

I think local rivalries have existed longer than that.

Out of interest Lincs, are you from SE London ? If not, maybe that influences your view towards Millwall/Palace ?
    I am Lewisham/Blackheath nearly born (I was actually born in Tonbridge) and bred from age nil to 25, then travelled around a LOT and moved back in the early 2000s and then to Luscious Lincs !!!. I've had my share of ballroom and street scraps but over important things like girls and money (lol), ganging up and fighting over football ... nah, not for me at all. My great granddad was Millwall even though in his later years he lived in Charlton village. He was a tough old docker. A few pints after work on Saturday then down the den for the football, 3.15 kick off, the only club that had this dispensation. I've worked, drunk, hung about with and occasionally had a ruck with or against Palace, Millwall, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs lads. My eldest son was on West Ham's books for a while but never quite made the first team grade. I am Charlton through and through, don't know why, perhaps it's genetic, the colour red. That's my background .. wanna make sumfing of it ? ... (:->)
    Who do you fink you are? - Uncle ??!!
    Then again, you probably know what a consonant is !
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

Everybody is entitled to an opinion.

I happen to disagree with you as I fear that if Palace were to act sensibly financially then promotion would give them a pecuniary advantage over us which could prove impossible to bridge given the vast sums involved.

Only until we get promoted .
  • Options

LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

I happen to disagree with you as I fear that if Palace were to act sensibly financially then promotion would give them a pecuniary advantage over us which could prove impossible to bridge given the vast sums involved.

Only until we get promoted .
    Get in line mr president
  • Options

se9addick said:

Agreed .. I have never really got this hate thy neighbour attitude over 50 years of watching football .. let the primitive scots have their religious differences, this whole attitude of hate has overtones of postcode gangs, estate rivalry, stab your neighbours for setting foot in the wrong street.
    I am always happy when we beat our neighbours but I do not revel in their difficulties nor am I jealous of their success. As an old Temptations song says: 'Don't Let the Jonses Get You Down'

I think local rivalries have existed longer than that.

Out of interest Lincs, are you from SE London ? If not, maybe that influences your view towards Millwall/Palace ?
    I am Lewisham/Blackheath nearly born (I was actually born in Tonbridge) and bred from age nil to 25, then travelled around a LOT and moved back in the early 2000s and then to Luscious Lincs !!!. I've had my share of ballroom and street scraps but over important things like girls and money (lol), ganging up and fighting over football ... nah, not for me at all. My great granddad was Millwall even though in his later years he lived in Charlton village. He was a tough old docker. A few pints after work on Saturday then down the den for the football, 3.15 kick off, the only club that had this dispensation. I've worked, drunk, hung about with and occasionally had a ruck with or against Palace, Millwall, Chelsea, Arsenal, West Ham and Spurs lads. My eldest son was on West Ham's books for a while but never quite made the first team grade. I am Charlton through and through, don't know why, perhaps it's genetic, the colour red. That's my background .. wanna make sumfing of it ? ... (:->)
    Who do you fink you are? - Uncle ??!!
    Then again, you probably know what a consonant is !
    errrr .. my luv is as consonant as der sun and stars in der sky
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If Palace get promoted I think it will ruin football for me alltogether. It really will set them up for years to come if they do go up.

Couldn't bare to see the smug look on those greasy hair, spotty Nigel faces. *shudders*
  • Options
    I don't mind Palace really, but the thought of them going up is very upsetting
  • Options
    Come on Watford..
  • Options
    No credit where credit is due, that club was bought on the cheap from the administrators and this allowed money to be spent on the first team helping them in pursuit of the EPL dream. Creditors have suffered as result of that earlier mismanagement. Imo, clubs that go into administration should be demoted to the 3rd tier as points deduction is insufficient.
  • Options
    As a football spectator I wouldn't say palace were lucky. They deserved it (pains me to say that )
    The palarse back four will have a right job on thier hands against the Watford forwards, mind.
  • Options
    Really thought this was the season that they'd finally get relegated after teetering on the brink for the last few years. To now be confronted by the possibility of them being promoted at Wembley is nauseating and quite disturbing and the possibility of them getting tonked every week next season is no consolation whatsoever, and I don't understand at all some of the "credit where it's due, fair play to them" stuff on here.

It is essential that they lose to Watford, ideally in circumstances similar to when Claridge scored in the last minute of extra-time back in '96. If I don't see at least one Holmesdale Ultra sobbing his eyes out on live tv the weekend after next then I'm going to be very unhappy.
  • Options
    The thought of Palace being promoted is anathema to me. I dislike everything about them, the cheerleaders, the awful goal announcements, the music, the general air of choreography that appears to pervade everything they do. They are the epitome of a plastic football club.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    When you look at what Administration has done for the likes of Southampton and Palace it just can't be right can it? Even Leeds have come out smelling of roses in comparison to how people talked about them folding a few years ago although they haven't managed quite the upward curve that Southampton did.
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

No abuse from me.

The only big advantage we have over palace is that they need to build a new ground ...agree that Palace deserved to win ,obviously dont want them to win final but id have mixed feelings if watford got promoted with all those foreign loan players

• Options
    Don't care anymore, dislike them both.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I know i will gets dogs abuse for this but credit where credits due Palace were excellent last night and done a professional job on Brighton. For the last 60 mins Zaha was different class.
    Ian Holloway has once again proved himself as a master tactician with the resources he has at his disposal and a great motivator
    I hope Palace go on and win promotion to the premier league for 3 reasons
    1) Watford is closer to where i live
    2) Watford is a nicer day out
    3) We can laugh as palace get spanked week in week out next season

Let the abuse begin

Can't argue with the sentiment; it's personal!

However, I cannot believe people still rate Holloway as a manager. Even most Palace fans don't.

Watford is also a shit day out.
  • Options
    I never thought I'd be cheering for Watford. I live close to there and HATE their majority of their fans with a passion. But throw Palace in there and there's isn't many teams I wouldn't support over them.

Zaha is not different class, Brighton were terrible. Holloway isn't some messiah he's another average manager and for his team he should be expecting playoffs. Zaha, Bolasie, Murray, Speroni etc. all good Championship players.
  • Options
    how can it be possible to hate watford?
  • Options

I know i will gets dogs abuse for this but credit where credits due Palace were excellent last night and done a professional job on Brighton. For the last 60 mins Zaha was different class.
    Ian Holloway has once again proved himself as a master tactician with the resources he has at his disposal and a great motivator

Let the abuse begin

However, I cannot believe people still rate Holloway as a manager. Even most Palace fans don't.

3rd year running in this division that Holloway has led a team into the play off final.

He can dance too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYhlZABXPI
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Let the abuse begin

3rd year running in this division that Holloway has led a team into the play off final.

He can dance too!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXYhlZABXPI
    Make no mistake, if Holloway was in charge from August, they would NOT have got into the play-offs.
  • Options

When you look at what Administration has done for the likes of Southampton and Palace it just can't be right can it? Even Leeds have come out smelling of roses in comparison to how people talked about them folding a few years ago although they haven't managed quite the upward curve that Southampton did.

This is what annoys me the most. I think a club should get relegated a couple of divisions for entering admin. Without getting too melodramatic, people's livelihoods get affected by these actions.
  • Options
    nolly said:

how can it be possible to hate watford?

Impossible, their personality is strong.
  • Options
    no credit here.

not sure the Prem wants all the razmatazz that comes with the Nigels anyway.

Watford on pens.
  • Options
    To the people on here supporting palace in the final,you are all very weird. I've taken note of your usernames and will put everything you say in the future down to stupidity
  • Options

Ian Holloway has once again proved himself as a master tactician

Definitely on a wind up