Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Baker .. Brushing Up

I can't stand his radio show, all that constant mickey taking chatter, him and the blonde bird Lynsey, (33 and not a silly little schoolgirl as one might think) are to my mind like a pair of demented parrots, and give me a terrible headache. I just cannot listen to it.
HOWEVER, his newish TV series, 'Brushing Up', is wonderful; genuinely innovative, very funny and informative, taking the mickey as is Baker's wont, but in a kind and gentle Monty Pythonesque way. Half an hour of laugh out loud fun and highly recommended. (Even though he is Millwall and should be a 'hate figure for some on here)

Comments

• Options
    Danny Baker is one of the best broadcasters this country has. Even if he is an armchair spanner.
  • Options
    I quite enjoy his show on Saturday mornings. I have even had a story of mine read out on it. It is just a silly start to the day which brings a smile to my face. The Jason Euell interview last Saturday was particularly good to hear. I am glad the show won a Sony Award! As the saying goes if you don't like it, don't listen to it!
  • Options
    His Saturday show is outstanding - both daft and intelligent at the same time.
  • Options
    Without doubt Danny Baker is the best broadcaster working in the UK today IMO so I couldn't care less which footie team he supports
  • Options
    Slightly off-topic, but does anyone remember the football show he used to do back in the early 90's where they used to cover a sunday league? Loved it...........................
  • Options

Danny Baker is one of the best broadcasters this country has. Even if he is an armchair spanner.

Armchair?

• Options
    Cant stand the bloke or his shows.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    He just tries too hard, always "look at me honest I'm really funny and I know lots of obscure music facts so I'm definitely really clever too and I'll drop little in jokes that 30 people will get".

Just bore off you fat ugly bald fuck.(No offence to 90% of the posters on here)

• Options

He just tries too hard, always "look at me honest I'm really funny and I know lots of obscure music facts so I'm definitely really clever too and I'll drop little in jokes that 30 people will get".

I think Fat, Ugly and Bald will probably cover more than 90% on here with at least one of those traits................
  • Options
    You say that like knowing lots of obscure music facts was a bad thing : - )

Great broadcaster but not mainstream or obvious which I guess is why not to everyones taste.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Problem for me Tango is that Fat, Ugly and Bald sounds like my police identifit
  • Options
    Danny Baker is the best thing on radio regardless of him being a spanner .
  • Options
    Best broadcaster on radio by far
  • Options
    Cant abide him.
  • Options
    Never listened to him
  • Options

hahahhahaha .. you won't be tuning in then
  • Options
    Strange that people think he's a good broadcaster - whenever I listen to him i have to force myself to just so I can see what the fuss is about. All I hear is a fat mouthy bloke with a rather affected Sarf Londoner accent.
  • Options
    How can you "hear" a fat bloke? Or have you more likely just pre-judged what you are listening to.

And he's from Deptford so the accent is real.
  • Options

How can you "hear" a fat bloke? Or have you more likely just pre-judged what you are listening to.

And he's from Deptford so the accent is real.

Very occasionally he pops up a thing called television - so I'm aware of his obesity. His schtick is the same there too...

• Options
    You said listen not watch and he's lost a lot of weight recently for well publicised reasons.

Still loving your logic that fat people aren't funny.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm fat, and i'm not funny.
    I'm not bald or ugly though.
  • Options

I'm fat, and i'm not funny.
    I'm not bald or ugly though.

I've prob got 75/100% of that lot covered but I do support Charlton.
    Danny Baker has 100% of that covered and supports Millwall when he wants to.
    I know who I'd rather share a room with.
  • Options
    I watched some of the first one and didn't find it funny at all. Some of the archive footage was quite good but not enough for me to tune in every week.
    As for him, I just don't really 'get' him. He wasn't too bad on that great albums show the other month but when I've tried listening to his radio show he grates on me.
  • Options
    That said he can be quite funny on twitter.
  • Options
    redcarter said:

I watched some of the first one and didn't find it funny at all. Some of the archive footage was quite good but not enough for me to tune in every week.
    As for him, I just don't really 'get' him. He wasn't too bad on that great albums show the other month but when I've tried listening to his radio show he grates on me.

the first one .. tunnels? ... was not so good as the rest ... try the bridges and factories .. on iplayer but not, I think, for much longer
  • Options

redcarter said:

the first one .. tunnels? ... was not so good as the rest ... try the bridges and factories .. on iplayer but not, I think, for much longer
    Yep that was it, tunnels.
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Armchair?

Don't think Danny pitches up at The Den every week much like the rest of the 47 million other spanners out there.

• Options
    Dunno about recently but certainly used to.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Armchair?

Don't think Danny pitches up at The Den every week much like the rest of the 47 million other spanners out there.

Which makes him real 'wall then : - )

He has been very ill recently, remember.
  • Options

MrOneLung said:

Armchair?

Which makes him real 'wall then : - )

He has been very ill recently, remember.
    That's very true Henry. In any case not my prerogative to judge people for exercising their right to attend football matches. I once did a job at his house about twenty years ago. He was a proper gent.