Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Mysteries of Woman: Handbag tales

in the interest of balance...

Why is that us men can pack the boot of car, organise the fridge, parallel park, yet women's handbags are a fear inducing challenge and total nightmare to find anything in and usually quite small?

Another mystery I came across recently was hair conditioner - they actually make the bottles so they stand upside down, unlike shampoo so you can tell the difference when you have your eyes closed and reaching in the shower.

Comments

• Options
    I'm sure many men have been glad at some stage that their partner/wife carries a bag with something that 'might be useful'.

Also when a man has organised a fridge, car boot, cupboard etc., he usually can't find what he wants. My experience at home and work is that men can never find anything. My friends and I call it a 'man look' .
  • Options

is that men can never find anything. .

Must admit, I have lost the will to live a few times.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    "ME14addick">I'm sure many men have been glad at some stage that their partner/wife carries a bag with something that 'might be useful'.

Also when a man has organised a fridge, car boot, cupboard etc., he usually can't find what he wants. My experience at home and work is that men can never find anything. My friends and I call it a 'man look' .

Totally agree. In my house, we say my husband is 'waiting for it top jump into his hand' out of the drawer or cupboard!
  • Options
    yeah, must be really annoying when you need a mint, tissue, door key, wallet, cards, store cards, brolly, plaster, coins, tickets, map, phone etc and all you have is a pocketful of nothing.

you should be grateful.

As stated above. men are $hit at looking. fact.
  • Options
    They actually are arent they... "dont make me have to get up and come straight over and find it immediately".
  • Options
    I can't organise my own finances. Procrastinate doing simp things like posting letters, paying bills. I also can't ever find anything. Thankfully the missus is a Queen of organisation and giving a kick up the arse.
  • Options
    Picture the scene.
    Outside the turnstiles at Portman Road a few years back:
    Me: Tickets?
    Mrs Cafcfan: I haven't got them.
    Me: You have, I gave them to you, you put them in your handbag.
    Mrs Cafcfan: I've looked everywhere, they are not there.
    Me: Well I haven't got them, we must have left them at home. Never mind, we'll buy some more (no, I didn't actually use those precise words).
    Me: Mr Turnstile operator, here's the money can we have two tickets please?
    Mr T: Yes, here you are.
    Just the other side of the turnstiles at Portman Road:
    Mrs Cafcfan: I've found the tickets, they were in this zip compartment I don't use.
    Me: That's nice Love. (No I didn't actually use those precise words.)
    (Fortuantely, the very nice man on the turnstile, while not able to do a refund, was happy for me to lean back across the barrier and sell our spare tickets to the people in the now lengthy queue behind. Apologies, if you got held up by that!)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Men are shit at looking for things because the woman has usually moved it. but cant remember to where.
  • Options

Men are shit at looking for things because the woman has usually moved it. but cant remember to where.

This
  • Options

Absolutely this...for example my missus puts the clean clothes away (after I've ironed them so don't start!). Now, you would think that they would always go back in the same drawer or wotnot each time wouldn't you but no...far better to lull me into a false sense of security that I actually know were stuff is before deciding that it lives somewhere else, usually completely unrelated to that item of clothing.

Fug me it's like the Primark sale round at my gaff some mornings trying to find stuff.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013

yeah, must be really annoying when you need a mint, tissue, door key, wallet, cards, store cards, brolly, plaster, coins, tickets, map, phone etc and all you have is a pocketful of nothing.

you should be grateful.

What a woman would want with one of those is beyond me.
  • Options
    I must admit i cant find things but thats mainly cos my missus randomly shoves stuff in cupboards and draws when tidying up
  • Options
    My lovely wife loves to tidy things away which is a good thing. The down side is that its only 50/50 as to whether we ever see any if those things ever again. When challenged she takes an ultra defensive stance blaming me for leaving the stuff out in the first place. Years of experience has taught me not to exert my roll as master of the house so I let things be.
  • Options
    It's all mind games. Shoes/trainers are the worst.
  • Options
    The reason why handbags are such a nightmare is that they don't make women's clothing with decent sized pockets.
  • Options
    aliwibble said:

The reason why handbags are such a nightmare is that they don't make women's clothing with decent sized pockets.

They have their mouths.

• Options
    aliwibble said:

Maybe if they just carried the essentials instead of putting anything and everything inside in their bag.

• Options
    Phone the wife no answer, she phones back 2 minutes later, sorry the phone was in my bag and I didn't find / get to it in time, that's because the bag is full up of useless crap
  • Options
    A good many years back my brother in law put a house brick in his mothers hand bag, carried it around for 2 days.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Absolutely this...for example my missus puts the clean clothes away (after I've ironed them so don't start!). Now, you would think that they would always go back in the same drawer or wotnot each time wouldn't you but no...far better to lull me into a false sense of security that I actually know were stuff is before deciding that it lives somewhere else, usually completely unrelated to that item of clothing.

Fug me it's like the Primark sale round at my gaff some mornings trying to find stuff.

Well here's a little tip. Put your own clothes away in future. Problem would be solved.

Goes for all of you moaning about stuff being tidied away. Put it away yourself. Not hard.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Can't the wifes taken up 90 per cent of the storage space with shoes and yet more... Handbags!

I won a minor victory the other day when she partly relinquished a draw..

:)
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Well here's a little tip. Put your own clothes away in future. Problem would be solved.

Goes for all of you moaning about stuff being tidied away. Put it away yourself. Not hard.
    putting a letter 'on the side' is putting it away. Me, the owner of said letter, knows its current location.

thats until a woman 'puts it away in the drawer'....but what drawer?..i dont know because i put it on the side where i knew where it was.
  • Options

you should be grateful.

you have missed out ...coins that just get chucked in bottom of handbag ,reams of old receipts,book/kindle(additional small bag for emergency toiletries and things ladies need) various pens.I am sure there are lots of Sherpas who carry less LOl

• Options

Curb_It said:

putting a letter 'on the side' is putting it away. Me, the owner of said letter, knows its current location.

thats until a woman 'puts it away in the drawer'....but what drawer?..i dont know because i put it on the side where i knew where it was.
    You delegate a drawer for post - say to her if you are going to put my post away out of sight so it doesnt make the place look messy can you at least put it in the top /bottom kitchen drawer etc.

• Options
    If I wasn't for my wife I'd never get out of the house. Wallet, phone, keys, you name it, I can never find it!
  • Options
    when the ticket inspector comes round on the train my missus searches through two bags (twice), rifles through her coat pockets and then discovers that she had already taken it out and put it on the little table in front of her so she didn't forget it.

Women's handbags are a law unto themselves. And Suzi - what sort of man would need a mint, a tissue, a brolly or a plaster?
  • Options
    my missus never has anything remotely useful in her bag, also trying to find her phone for her - in the inside pocket, of which there appear to be 15...
  • Options
    . And Suzi - what sort of man would need a mint, a tissue, a brolly or a plaster?

Ha ha ha. Funny as fook this thread.
  • Options
    What do you just hold your nostril and snot out the other ?

• Options
    Curb_It said:

What do you just hold your nostril and snot out the other ?

Have you never heard of his nickname... Greensleeves?