Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

West Ham linked with Solly...........Again..!!

13»

Comments

• Options
    I had a run in a good while back with someone on the OS fans forum...Someone by the name of Nick Grey?, he was spouting Solly was luck to play for a club like Charlton and that he was not fit to wear the shirt!!!!!,how are his glasses now?.....
  • Options

I had a run in a good while back with someone on the OS fans forum...Someone by the name of Nick Grey?, he was spouting Solly was luck to play for a club like Charlton and that he was not fit to wear the shirt!!!!!,how are his glasses now?.....

A fair few on here dug Solly out when he was playing at left back early in his career. Even though it wasn't his best position he still looked the part there and you could see he had a lot of potential.

• Options

Solly is a big talent at our club, but outside of Charlton is he actually well known for his ability? Does anyone outside the club actually take that much attention of him and is anyone actually scouting him or is links to West Ham made from rumours found on message boards like here.

There are some good young right backs about this season. Kieran Trippier from Burnley was in the PFA team of the year and he is also 22. Sam Byram at Leeds is only 19 and I have heard more about him in the press then Solly. I wasn't impressed by Byram - Harriott torn him to shreds. John Brayford from Derby. Slightly older then the others at 25 but he has been linked to Premiership sides, the latest being Cardiff.

All I'm saying is there is a talent pool of right backs in the Championship and I'm not sure Solly would be as high up some clubs lists of potential signings as we all think. We all rate him highly but do other teams actually rate him?

But clubs dont make transfers just by looking at what the media say.

Prem clubs have scouts all over the show. It would only take 3 games to realise that Solly is a class act.

I mentioned this on here a few weeks back but we got the train back from brighton with a Newcastle scout. He knew everything about Charlton and had been to the game to watch Harriott but he was of the opinion that Solly wasn't good enough. Said plenty of prem clubs were looking at the Leeds full back Byram.
  • Options
    Large , I think we should 'over egg' him , Danny Mills went for 4 million I think yonks ago and Chris Solly Is as good if not better, 5 million at least , he's quality!
  • Options

Wow ! That's a blast from the past, CD and not a very welcome one at that !

Think most of us had a run in with Mr Gray at some time or other!

Wonder where he posts his " interesting" thoughts these days ?

• Options
    Get promoted next season and if we have to sell Solly, he will command his true value. We need to let the Summer pan out - all activity I have seen, seems to suggest we are working to a plan to improve. The first stage is to ship out, then teh next stage is to bring in. I don't see Solly going as being part of that - I won't make negative comments until I see negative things. I trust Chrissy 100%
  • Options

Can't see Big Sam wanting a 5'3" player.

This
  • Options
    alan wright? thevilla left back was solly esque and had a good carer in the prem luckily for us there seems to be aneed for taller full backs still tellmy gooner mate they signed the wrong right back.
  • Options
    If solly did go i would expect a big sum for him! I really do not rate Wilson as cover as personally I don't think he is a right back but a right mid. if we got a few million for him, id expect at least half of it to go back into the squad and hopefully improve the team as a whole! Would still rather keep him though ...
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Have no doubt that Chris will be on the radar of a good many clubs. He is to use our collective description quality. I do think that his size will be a problem for many managers particularly in the EPL. That might work in our favour in retaining his services. If he goes then he goes with my 100% good will. He is magnificent. As for the fee, well I hope we get a good deal but that is out of our control. I doubt the club is in the business of selling their assets cheaply. Four million plus add ons would seem about right to me.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Redhenry said:

Can't see Big Sam wanting a 5'3" player.

This
    Maybe he'd want one that was 5ft 8 though?
  • Options
    I think he's totally overated and far too many fans that couldn't spot quality at 3 feet away, are blowing smoke up his arse. Average at best is that little short arse.

As Baldrick would say! "I have a cunning plan."
  • Options
    Why don't we let him go to West Ham, then when our friendly neighbours Crystal Palace gain promotion through the play-offs, they can let us have a cast off as a replacement at a 'mates rates' price ;-)

• Options
    No one slated solly at left back

The first manager to do it was a jolly nice fellow and he took stick for it

Then SCP done it and he also took a bit of stick for it

I dont recall solly getting any stick
  • Options
    West Ham sign Romania left back Razvan Rat from Shakhtar Donetsk. Good news.
  • Options
    Heard he's very dirty.
  • Options

West Ham sign Romania left back Razvan Rat from Shakhtar Donetsk. Good news.

Guess he'll be called Roland by the Hammers