Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

CP to Wolves?

Comments

• Options
    If I was chairman I'd get rid of Powell to wolves and take Saunders
  • Options
    dizzee said:

Priceless!!! LOL!!

• Options
    dizzee said:

Riviera said:

What's this Dizzie's problem with Powell? Is he for real?

No. He's saying deliberately prevocative things. AKA a WUM. Ignore.
    He's not a proper WUM. He's a disgrace to our profession.
    How can you just dismiss my opinions. I don't rate the bloke. Done nothing for this club.
    dizzee said:

That's probably why you're not chairman mate.
  • Options

If CP is committed to us (and he does seem to be) then he will understand that at Charlton we can't spend what we ain't got. I could imagine him leaving for a PL club some day to test himself with a big budget and big ego players, but he wouldn't go to L1 because his CV already shows he has done that and got the T-shirt.

The thing that thanks to the FFP rules every club in the Championship is going to be under these financial constraints next season. Even the Premiership relegated clubs are going to have to make some tough decisions on which players they keep. So the effect will be that nothing much changes - except that the best organised and managed teams will be at an advantage as no club will be able to do what Cardiff did and spend nearly £100m in getting out of the division. If I were a Leicester fan for example I'd be dreading this close season - their debt is not that much less and their manager might get the boot and I can see quite a few of their better paid players following him out the door. I wonder what their squad will look like in August?

Next season we look like having predominantly the same squad minus a few players who were peripheral or like Haynes, injury prone. An astute purchase or two to add to what we have and we could be ahead of the curve.

Relegated premiership clubs are given a stay of execution with regard to the FFP (I think it might be two seasons), that should mean that they have time to put their house in order but, in practice I think it will be used as time to gamble on getting back up with big spending.
  • Options
    SCP = CHARLTON he will not leave. FACT
  • Options
    I'm not sure what's more ridiculous here, this rumour or dizzee's opinion.

Both are absolute rubbish.
  • Options
    Don't even respond to Dizzee's comments. he's an idiot looking for a response. We need an Ignore button on CL.
  • Options
    If he was offered a large enough payrise and a long contract, I'd imagine he'd give it some pretty serious thought, especially if promised the financial backing to improve the squad that Charlton can currently not provide.

Every manager knows they are about a dozen poor results away from being fired - they all need to look after their own interests if offered a lucrative enough new post, and I don't blame them.
  • Options

Don't even respond to Dizzee's comments. he's an idiot looking for a response. We need an Ignore button on CL.

Just a WUM.

Dizzee will always say the opposite just to get a response by winding up people.

Ignore.

• Options
    Just a question to those who were gonna tear up their season tickets if CP was sacked a few months back, what would you say if he walked over the next couple if weeks?

Just asking like.....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If he walks,he walks.....Charlton Athletic FC will still be here and so will I
  • Options

This...
  • Options

Kind of what some of us were saying a few months back if he got pumped. We're Charlton supporters at the end of the day...
  • Options
    Yet many were giving it the big one about how they wouldn't come along even in the middle of the season because we had lost a few games at home!
  • Options

If he was offered a large enough payrise and a long contract, I'd imagine he'd give it some pretty serious thought, especially if promised the financial backing to improve the squad that Charlton can currently not provide.

Every manager knows they are about a dozen poor results away from being fired - they all need to look after their own interests if offered a lucrative enough new post, and I don't blame them.

This. Exactly what I said on the other thread about where/if CP might go (which seems to have disappeared!)
  • Options
    Don't think it's been mentioned but 12/1 with SkyBet is Powell to Wolves.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Yet many were giving it the big one about how they wouldn't come along even in the middle of the season because we had lost a few games at home!

Ain't that just being a football (Charlton) supporter? Everyone moans about the teams performance when they're bad, but nobody really goes through with any threats. To threaten to withdraw ones support because a manager or player is sacked us bloody stupid, especially if he then decides to leave for something else a couple if months later.
  • Options
    Apart from the cash (if there's any left that isn't earmarked for stadium construction repayments) - why the hell would he go there? He'd have to be as mad as a box of frogs. And he isn't.
  • Options
    SCP wont go to Wolves for probably the same reason that Curbs turned them down after being interviewed.
  • Options
    http://www.molineuxmix.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?t=81656

Wolves fans are in love with the idea of CP going there. ( see link above) Shame they are going to be disappointed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They have just this season with parachute payments, even with promotion they will be in the mire
  • Options

SCP wont go to Wolves for probably the same reason that Curbs turned them down after being interviewed.

Strange logic that
  • Options
    they're saying in that thread that "apparently" powell applied for the job.

Hilarious.
  • Options
    about as much chance as me being the next Pope.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

they're saying in that thread that "apparently" powell applied for the job.

Hilarious.

Yeah, alarm bells rang in my head when I read that.

Erghh, Just finished reading their forum; it's completely wound me up. For a team that...

- Has a board with an itchy trigger finger
    - Have just had 2 back-to-back relegations
    - Need to bastardise their current squad of mercenaries
    - Are firmly on a downward trend

Apparently, they seem to think they have much more potential than us and it makes perfect sense for CP to go to them..

I'm not saying we're Barcelona or any other deluded bullsh!t. However, I think our position is much better right now - even with regards to our futures. To expand upon that, there are even teams in L1 that I fancy more than Wolves.
  • Options
    Wolves are the new Wednesday.
  • Options

Wolves are the new Wednesday.

Yep, just another massive sleeping giant languishing in the lower leagues... except this one has a rather comedic over-sized stand.
  • Options
    paul haynes ‏@haynezy1974 5h
    NO TO POWELL STAY AWAY WE DONT WANT YOU SO GO AWAY SIMPLE MESSAGE

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h
    @haynezy1974 are you serious? He'd easily be the best candidate if the links are true.

@Boothjan dnt agree I'd rather see coyle or Mclaren

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h
    @haynezy1974 we are talking about Chris Powell and not Hope Powell by the way. He's MILES above either of those pair.

@Boothjan your opinion m8 not Just my opinion many wolves fans agree to for this club 2 favourites fore is coyle or Mclaren no 1 else

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h
    @haynezy1974 just wondered why you think Powell is a bad choice when he has so much going for him?

@Boothjan not enough experience for me to much this is a big club

I hope more Wolves fans are thinking the same way as this clueless guy on twitter.
  • Options

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h
    @haynezy1974 are you serious? He'd easily be the best candidate if the links are true.

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h
    @haynezy1974 we are talking about Chris Powell and not Hope Powell by the way. He's MILES above either of those pair.

@Boothjan your opinion m8 not Just my opinion many wolves fans agree to for this club 2 favourites fore is coyle or Mclaren no 1 else

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h
    @haynezy1974 just wondered why you think Powell is a bad choice when he has so much going for him?

I hope more Wolves fans are thinking the same way as this clueless guy on twitter.

What a complete knobber. Although, I found it amusing that he had worked some sort of rhyme in to his original tweet.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h

Ian Booth ‏@Boothjan 5h

What a complete knobber. Although, I found it amusing that he had worked some sort of rhyme in to his original tweet.
    I like that someone had to clarify which member if the Powell clan was being linked with Wolves !