Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

THE club has no money!!!!!

everyone on here seems to be in the know, And bands this statement around as fact.As someone not in the know, Is there any concrete proof of this?
or is it a case of the doom mongers getting in early, pretty much the same as last pre-season. the last time i looked we still have a football club to support,who with not a pot to piss in, apparently, finished ninth in the championship.just asking if the club are skint or could they actually be being prudent? as much as we all like to know about every strategic move made, The board are not obligated to tell all. maybe we all should be patient and see what pans out,might be a tad boring for the knockers on here ,but hey get over it!!

Comments

• Options
    To be fair these threads don't help...
  • Options
    You tell 'em Paul!!
  • Options
    I don't think many teams have much money, besides those with parachute payments or rich backers

Charlton
    Millwall
    Barnsley
    Burnley
    Birmingham (debts/the Young situation)
    Blackpool (they've always been frugal and will cut their cloth again)

all shopping in Lidl's
  • Options
    it's all because of those naffing banners we been buying.
  • Options
    not trying to be unhelpful, just asking for facts, seems a raw nerve was touched without any effort! maybe the thread doesnt help the people who find it too easy to be doom merchants!.... cafcsinger maybe you should explain why its unhelpful! i was just asking the question
  • Options
    The board are not obligated to tell all. maybe we all should be patient and see what pans out,might be a tad boring for the knockers on here ,but hey get over it!

Or we could just start another wrist slashing thread.

As has been pointed out - the FFP rules are kicking in meaning every club is going to have to lean what a balanced budget means. There's nothing different about Charlton.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The club lost £7M in the promtion season FACT. It was in the accounts.

£1m per month is being transferred in the Club to cover losses. Source? Michael Slater.

One board member had to pay the wages one month as there a "cash flow" problem. Source? Richard Murray.

The Tax man was chasing unpaid tax bills Source? Richard Murray.

So rather than posting rubbish like the above, trying to provoke a reaction and labelling other fans as "knockers" and "doom mongers" maybe you should do some research and then try and engage in some reasonable and reasoned debate.
  • Options
    phew.

thought this was a thread about someone in the know stating for a fact that we are definitely skint.
  • Options
    paulfox = slayer of doom mongers
  • Options
    thanks for the info henry, you obviously know everything! is the club still in business? are most clubs in the country in a similar situation? this is a forum for discussion and a means of the less informed, like myself,to be informed!. whether a thread is rubbish or not is a matter of opinion, you are entitled to yours ,as am i. maybe i should run my threads by you in future, i wouldnt want to waste your precious reading time!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yawn.
  • Options
    haha, sorry macronate!! apparently we are definately skint,,,,, but i dont know for a fact!!! i know nothing!!!!
  • Options
    paulfox said:

haha, sorry macronate!! apparently we are definately skint,,,,, but i dont know for a fact!!! i know nothing!!!!

If you know that you know nothing that means you know something.
  • Options
    I never said I know everything but you need to twist what I said because you have no facts.

You wanted facts so I gave you some of the few I know but you don't seem willing or able to debate. You seem to just want to run down anyone who actually wants to debate.

Yes it is my OPINION that what you posted was rubbish and my OPINION that your last post is even worse.

• Options

£1m per month is being transferred in the Club to cover losses. Source? Michael Slater.

One board member had to pay the wages one month as there a "cash flow" problem. Source? Richard Murray.

The Tax man was chasing unpaid tax bills Source? Richard Murray

So rather than posting rubbish like the above, trying to provoke a reaction and labelling other fans as "knockers" and "doom mongers" maybe you should do some research and then try and engage in some reasonable and reasoned debate.

Oh so nowt to worry about then
  • Options
    but hey get over it!
  • Options
    H

Why bite its obv the op is looking for a reaction the way its written makes the op seem rather familiar
  • Options
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

Actually maybe not.

Losing money is only a problem if the owners can't cover the losses and so far they have.

The taxman chases football clubs very quickly as they are seen as unreliable so maybe it is no big deal.

And businesses to have cash flow problems and it was covered.

Are we on the bring of Admin? IMHO no we are not.

Is everything in the garden rosey? Again IMHO no. There isn't a lot, if any, spare cash but we haven't sold any major assets yet. But we do have two former directors, one of whom just took over Ebbsfleet, taking legal action v the Club.

Regardless of what Paulfox thinks there is room to be concerned over the issues listed about without being a "doom and gloom" merchant or a "knocker".

You can love the the Club, be happy with 9th place, be optimistic about the youth players AND still be concerned that uncertainy over funding could spoil all that.
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

Actually maybe not.

Losing money is only a problem if the owners can't cover the losses and so far they have.

The taxman chases football clubs very quickly as they are seen as unreliable so maybe it is no big deal.

Is everything in the garden rosey? Again IMHO no. There isn't a lot, if any, spare cash but we haven't sold any major assets yet. But we do have two former directors, one of whom just took over Ebbsfleet, taking legal action v the Club.

Regardless of what Paulfox thinks there is room to be concerned over the issues listed about without being a "doom and gloom" merchant or a "knocker".

You can love the the Club, be happy with 9th place, be optimistic about the youth players AND still be concerned that uncertainy over funding could spoil all that.
    Promoted next season so nothing to worry about :/
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

H

Why bite its obv the op is looking for a reaction the way its written makes the op seem rather familiar

Could be and I could and maybe should have ingored the troll but its a serious issue that should be debated sensibly.

If he gets his rocks off as a WUM then that's his problem not mine. The future of CAFC is something I do give a damn about though.

• Options
    henry i was genuine in my question. of which i read and accepted your explanation. it appears a cage has been rattled, which was not my intention. sorry to undermine your obvious superior intellect. we all have worries of losing the club we grew up with.
  • Options

H

Could be and I could and maybe should have ingored the troll but its a serious issue that should be debated sensibly.

If he gets his rocks off as a WUM then that's his problem not mine. The future of CAFC is something I do give a damn about though.

Good for you H. Well said.

• Options
    HaHa I got another week of this.......... at least Ffs!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

BIG_ROB said:

Actually maybe not.

Promoted next season so nothing to worry about :/
    paulfox said:

henry i was genuine in my question. of which i read and accepted your explanation. it appears a cage has been rattled, which was not my intention. sorry to undermine your obvious superior intellect. we all have worries of losing the club we grew up with.

Too late now WUM but you got one thing right, I, and just about everone else on here, has a superior intellect to you.

#clicks on Ignore Mode#
  • Options

H

Good for you H. Well said.

Cheers SHG
  • Options
    Mr Fox - you asked for facts and you got them. How you choose to interpret them is up to you, but don't think that people are still entitled to be a bit concerned about our future as a result of what has been said by those who are really 'in the know'?
  • Options
    haha ,keep going H. WUM , LOOK IN THE MIRROR!
  • Options
    You could even read tnt which is free and on the web

Add to that the lack of signings in the window and everything H said above

Reality is we don't know as the club are not open about this kind of thing in this era
  • Options
    Got a link to TNT on-line, Barnie?