Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

C'mon Bradford

Will be watching the match at work today.
Really want a Bradford win. Since I found out about the fire (am only 25) and since I learned that their ground is called Valley Parade I've had a soft spot for the Bantams.
Plus I always liked Parky (sorry).

So c'mon Bradford. League 1 awaits.

Comments

• Options
    Agreed. to be honest i don't think you're alone with the parky love. Most on here like him as a person and wish him all the best. Come on parky and Bradford.
  • Options
    My bother in law is Bradford born and bred but has a season ticket with me at the valley.

Was unable to get cup final tickets as they were only available to people with ticket history this season and a Bradford address. He was gutted

For the play offs I asked Dave Archer at Charlton if he could help and he came up trumps. My brother in law is like a small child apparently with excitement!

Nice of Charlton to give a shit about an individual fans request but then again id expect nothing less from my beloved cafc

Today I'm an unofficial Bradford fan
  • Options
    Fancy a Northampton win
  • Options
    Bradford must be favourites but the Cobblers have the current form .. It should be a very good game
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I spent several years in Northampton as a kid at the time that the football team was on its way to the old first division (for one season only). It was then that I really got into football and naturally the Cobblers were my team. It was only later after we had moved down south and I wanted to support a team that I could go to watch that I became a Charlton fan. Nearly fifty years later I still have a soft spot for Northampton and so will definitely be wanting them to win today, even though I think that Parky was a decent bloke.
  • Options
    Come on Parky and the Bantams! Great guy who saw us through a difficult time.
  • Options
    Good luck Parky & Bradford.

(Quick question: Why "Bantams" nickname ?).
  • Options
    Well done Dave Archer !

Fingers crossed that Swisdom's "bother" in law ( freudian slip ??) has a fantastic day and celebrates his team's victory tonight.

Parky - you deserve it !
  • Options
    Top guy parky and wish him every success in life. Helped put the foundations for the return of the club's soul in my opinion, even if they weren't very good footballers.
  • Options
    Good luck to Parky (can't help but like the man) and the team, they deserve something out of the season, just for knocking so many premiership teams on their backsides.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I Hate Northampton with a vengence...The town, the football club, the people, my sister-in-law, the bus station, the accent, the flatness, the Chavs etc....so come on you BANTAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Lived in Northampton for a couple of years in the early to mid eighties, two streets away from the old County Ground. Had great times there, brilliant rock n roll scene, and music scene in general, good fun watching the Cobblers from time to time, good pubs... So come on you COBBLERS!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Come on the cobblers always had a soft spot for them and would much prefer them to come up

• Options
    Looking forward to watching Nahki Wells he has impressed so far in all but 1 game i have seen him in
  • Options
    Up the Bantams!
  • Options
    Good goal by bradford

Nthampton are woeful
  • Options
    2-0!!! C'mon Parky's barmy army!
  • Options
    Bosh
  • Options
    2 nil woeful woeful defending by cobblers

Shocking performance looks like stage fright

Havent turned up at all you would be well annoyed if you were a nthampton fan
  • Options
    3-0 inside half an hour.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Tonking
  • Options
    Not at all undeserved either - Bradford absolutely bossing this game so far.
  • Options
    Not over yet. This Bradford side have thrown away a few good leads this season.

But I hope they do it for Reidy and Parky.
  • Options
    All over and done this could be ten its shocking defending but great play from bradford to expose and punish it

Nahki wells is a real player

Aidy boothroyd is a long ball merchant and nothing else

Football is the winner here
  • Options
    Almost 4-0
  • Options
    Another chance for 4 but Wells fluffs his shot..
  • Options
    That wells is a good player
  • Options
    Nice to see Kyle Reid playing well also.
  • Options
    Always liked Parky and used to teach Kyel (who is a really nice lad and loved in Bradford) so hope they get the win.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Good luck Parky & Bradford.

(Quick question: Why "Bantams" nickname ?).

I read: Bradford City's 'Bantams' identity arose from the suggested resemblance of their claret and amber strip to the plumage of bantams.