Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Brentford v Yeovil

13»

Comments

• Options
    really didn't want Yeovil to win - horrible away end and unless we get them away first game of the season i ain't going...............I still haven't dried out from the last time !!
  • Options
    I love an away day trip to yeovil. The man with the microphone in the club before the game is worth the journey on his own
  • Options
    Was at the game today supporting Brentford. A slow start ultimately cost the Bees in the end, Yeovil were brighter from the beginning and got the opener but after about 20mins Brentford started to dominate and it stayed that way for the rest of the match. Grabbing a goal early on in the second half I thought the odds were good for the bees to get an equaliser. Missed two sitters not long after the goal and if one of them had gone in, Brentford could well have carried that momentum to victory. Yeovils keeper being voted man of the match basically sums up how the game went. Well done to Yeovil, had four shots on goal and got two goals, while managing to successfully defend for 75% of the game.

Feel bad for Brentford, apparently that seven playoff campaigns now and they have lost in all of them, including 3 finals....

Great atmosphere though, not sure what rhinosvalley was hearing as there was plenty of noise from the Brentford support, around 22,000 of them at the game.
  • Options
    I wonder if Yeovil is where Wagstaff will end up? Rumored to be linked with a club in the playoffs and everyone has assumed Brentford. There is a connection to their coaching team via Nathan Jones which is, i assume, how Jordan Cook ended up on loan down there. It would be a great move for him to stay in the championship.

Really please Yeovil got through, its only 45mins down the road from me :0)
  • Options
    Never been to yeovil so quite looking forward to it myself looks like a ground with a bit of character and i dont think they will be there for longer then next season.
  • Options
    Don't know about Waggy,but I'm hoping maybe Jordan Cook might go there.

Although injured in his loan spell,Gary Johnson claims that he tried to sign him previously but we beat him to it last summer.
  • Options
    Yeovil .. even smaller than Peterborough .. but at least the west of England has a side other than in the bottom 2 divisions. I wish them luck, even though their defeat of Brentford cost me a few quid .. yes .. I backed Brentford even though Yeovil always seem to beat them
  • Options
    Good luck to Yeovil, as has been mentioned Brentford lost it with last ditch pen against Donny really. That knocked the stuffing out of them! Did well to overcome Swindon but maybe this was one match too many for them.

So the six new clubs we will play next season are:

Wigan
    Reading
    QPR
    Doncaster
    Bournemouth
    Yeovil

Only 2 trips up north out of that lot and the rest are pretty good away days in general!
  • Options
    Bournemouth at home first game then.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

Feel for the Brentford fans, BWP and Hayes. Not for that graceless lump Rosler.

I though he was very gracious in defeat?

Anyhow, not looking good for next Monday, so far 100% failure on the teams I wanted promoted... :-(

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I enjoyed the day out at Wembley yesterday. Apart from the good goal scored by Yeovil the football was third division standard. It made me realise how important it was to get out of that division. The many empty seats allowed me to move from the top of the 5th tier to towards the half way line. Atmosphere was lacking in the first half even though I was sitting with the Yeovil fans and they were 2 up. I guess they couldn’t believe it. Second half atmosphere sparked off once the Bees scored. As a neutral at the match I did find myself beginning to side with the Bees once BWP and Haynes came on. But what I did find strange was that the Yeovil fans were not kicking shit out of each other ;o)
  • Options
    Yeovil. Yay, I've got a 'local' match again ....it'll still take me 3 hours to get there!

Next nearest after Yeovil, Bournemouth and, er ....... Reading.
  • Options
    I went to the game yesterday too. The music blaring before the game was an abortion as it totally drowned out any atmosphere the fans were trying to create and once Bees let the early goal in, their crowd went totally flat because they've seen it all before. It did liven up a bit once Bees scored and the 2nd half was pretty good.

On the whole though, Wembley is too big and soulless for most of these games and I'd much rather see them play the old style, two leg finals (like we had in 1987) or a one off at say, Stamford Bridge/White Hart Lane for southern games or Villa Park for games like Bradford v Northampton.

Shame for the Bees because they've spent so many years in the bottom two divisions. However, I think things will look up once they get to their new ground at Lionel Road.