Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Solly?

I have very good info that Chris Solly will be signing for West Ham this summer....no surprise I guess, let's hope we get the right amount of dosh so we can buy a half decent replacement. I feel sure that Solly will play for England in the not too distant future. Pity it will not be with us.

Comments

• Options
    Hmmmm....
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I have very good info that Chris Solly will be signing for West Ham this summer....no surprise I guess, let's hope we get the right amount of dosh so we can buy a half decent replacement. I feel sure that Solly will play for England in the not too distant future. Pity it will not be with us.

Want to share your 'source'?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    That must be the seventh Solly thread of the summer already?

I hate threads like this and I'm sure Solly has done in the past too, and doesn't read CL anymore as a result IIRC. Post it in rumours unless you're willing to tell us your source. :-)
  • Options
    WHATTT? WHERE HAS THIS COME FROM? *Sarcastic face*
  • Options
    A quote from KUMB (West Ham forum) on Solly to WHU this summer:

"Improbable IMO.

1) They are talking about our left back problem...and then saying we are targeting a right back to fill it........
    2) We have two right backs who've just been given new contracts
    3) We haven't spent a penny in fees on full backs under this board and Solly would cost
    4) [Maynor] Figueroa and [Razvan] Rat both have more experience, both play LB and both are free"

Let's put this to bed before it gets off the ground. :-)
  • Options
    addick05 said:

First post since joining in July 2009.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Significance ?

• Options

addick05 said:

Significance ?

according to a very credible source I have this is very significant ....
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Love solly but if we can get substantial money and strengthen the squad like we did with the Jenkinson transfer it will be good business.
  • Options

Love solly but if we can get substantial money and strengthen the squad like we did with the Jenkinson transfer it will be good business.

That's what my head says but my heart wants him to stay here for a very long time.

He's one of the main reasons I enjoy going to watch charlton. He's a joy to watch.
  • Options
    Let's just wait and see, and not just jump in every unsubstantiated rumour.

• Options

That's what my head says but my heart wants him to stay here for a very long time.

He's one of the main reasons I enjoy going to watch charlton. He's a joy to watch.
    Agree mate but would enjoy it even more if his or any other departure allowed us to push on.

Although seeing him and CP lifting the uefa cup in 3 years would be a good pipe dream.
  • Options

Let's just wait and see, and not just jump in every unsubstantiated rumour.

Solly
  • Options
    He is shit let him go on a free bring in that francis fella ay bournemouth
  • Options
    If it is true, then Logan of Brentford has always impressed me - playing well so far at Wembley.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It would say something shocking about the poaching networks of Premiership clubs if Solly isn't on someone's radar having been a player of the season two seasons running. All the time we continue to be a club on the up, we have a hope of keeping him for the short term. For a player as high quality as Solly though, I fear that it's only a matter of time before he moves. That said, we had this West Ham rumour last year and it came to absolutely nothing. I like Callum's post from KUMB, hopefully that's enough to put this one to bed for a while. After all why would it be West Ham? My best guess is because its the same lazy rumour going round and round in circles. Lets hope that CS is really enjoying his time at Charlton and wants to stay for another season, and another, and another...

• Options
    addick05's source is prob charlton life threads last year
  • Options
    Not so, I cannot reveal the source (it was told to me yesterday) and I hope he is wrong but I was told it's a 'done deal' and how 'nth london addick' can saySolly is shit, well all I can say is that you must have that effluent in your eyes!!! He is one of the best young players this club has produced for some time...just hope you will 'man up' when you are proved wrong.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    addick05 said:

Not so, I cannot reveal the source (it was told to me yesterday) and I hope he is wrong but I was told it's a 'done deal' and how 'nth london addick' can saySolly is shit, well all I can say is that you must have that effluent in your eyes!!! He is one of the best young players this club has produced for some time...just hope you will 'man up' when you are proved wrong.

just have a little inkling that NLA is just messing!
  • Options
    addick05 said:

I fink you will find that NLA had said tongue-in-cheek young man.
  • Options
    addick05 said:

oh dear. I think the popular term here is 'whooooosh'...

• Options
    addick05 said:

Fairly sure nla is being sarcastic which is I admit unusual for him ;0) about CS being Sh1t.

• Options
    As for posting what you are told addick05 you keep doing it. That's what a forum is all about.
  • Options
    Hahaha man up NLA
  • Options
    edited May 2013

As for posting what you are told addick05 you keep doing it. That's what a forum is all about.

It'd be nice to know who told him/her though......... especially when everything points to it being an illogical move on West Ham's part.
  • Options
    If Solly does go anywhere this summer I just can't see it being West Ham as for the reasons pointed out above. Also He really will not fit in with their style of hoof ball if he goes there.
  • Options

If Solly does go anywhere this summer I just can't see it being West Ham as for the reasons pointed out above. Also He really will not fit in with their style of hoof ball if he goes there.

Any mug can play hoofball.

It'd be nice to know who told him/her though......... especially when everything points to it being an illogical move on West Ham's part.
    It's one thing posting what he may have been told but quite another to disclose by whom.

• Options
    The proof will be in the pudding.