Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Goodbye Solly?

2»

Comments

• Options
    I just think it's silly to be posting this kind of thing without giving some sort of indication of the source, otherwise it just looks like a lazy recycled rumour from last summer which does nothing good for the club.
  • Options
    Chris solly is west ham's Darren purse or Hayden mullins. It isn't going to happen
  • Options

I just think it's silly to be posting this kind of thing without giving some sort of indication of the source, otherwise it just looks like a lazy recycled rumour from last summer which does nothing good for the club.

Frustrating - yeah, silly - no. Revealing the rumour source may be just too sensitive.

Message boards thrive primarily on rumours - most turn out to be b/s but just 'cos someone doesn't reveal their source it doesn't necessarily make it a wind up.

If somebody becomes aware of something that they believe may be true but don't want to hint at their source I still want to hear about it.

Thinking back to the 'we're in financial poo' rumours of last summer - I don't remember sources being revealed but still felt there was probably truth in it.

• Options
    Its not a "done deal"

I have no inside info but done deals are announced by both Clubs and registered with the league.

I'll believe when it is on the OS
  • Options
    Not to be out overly critical of poor old Sam (he does manage to keep most of the sides he manages away from too much harm) Solly does not seem to fit the usual Allardyce defensive prototype but I could see him signing Solly as a utility player, covering both full back positions or playing him in a "man marking" role, (in one BFSs' non footballing formations) to which Solly is very well suited. The lad would be a veritable limpet. Whether that would be Sollys' preference is another matter.

• Options
    Sorry to have jumped down your throat @addick05

It's nothing personal. Frustrating is the right word for it. I hope you can understand why I'm sick of these persistent Solly rumours... :-)
  • Options
    I still expect Solly to be with us when the season starts in August. If not, I doubt it will be because he has gone to West Ham.
  • Options

It's a football forum. People will post stuff and you make your own mind up as to if there is any truth in it. That's how it works. There a lots of lifers with genuine ITK contacts. Thy often post bits and pieces but it wouldn't be right for them to say who told them. Unless its Henry when we all know it comes straight from Tony Jimenez ;0)

• Options
    addick05 said:

I have very good info that Chris Solly will be signing for West Ham this summer....no surprise I guess, let's hope we get the right amount of dosh so we can buy a half decent replacement. I feel sure that Solly will play for England in the not too distant future. Pity it will not be with us.

Unlike all the other Solly threads this one really is true because it comes from 'very good info'. I wish I had secret sources that knew footballers. It sounds so cool. God my life is boring.
  • Options
    I doubt any deals have been done, Solly is likely on holiday and West Ham have yet to finish their season
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    They will probably have a sniff at some point, but doubt he will go there.
  • Options
    Apologies nth london addick...if, as is suggested, your remarks re Solly were tongue in cheek, obviously went over my head. As to my source I simply cannot say, simple as that. As I have said, I really hope both he and I are wrong.
  • Options
    Hmm smells like my dirty pants after a weeks wear.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Well, thank you for that, Dazzler. It's put me off my dinner.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Dazzler21 said:

Well, thank you for that, Dazzler. It's put me off my dinner.

Just as well Oggy - there's only so many pasties a man is supposed to eat in one day.
  • Options
    I do my best to please those pants are definitely crusty!
  • Options
    Just like Oggy's dinner - with a big thick crust!
  • Options
    Who knows. If we have money and cash is back then probably not.
  • Options
    Either way, it won't hurt as much as it did when Parker or the likes left. We've had 2 excellent seasons out of Solly and he's played his heart out for the cause in every game.
  • Options
    I have very good info that Chris Solly will be staying at charlton....no surprise I guess, We'll not accept any offer, so won't need a replacement. I feel sure that Solly will play for England in the not too distant future. Hopefully it will be with us.

There we go. That looks better...................
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I wouldve thought the francis bit wouldve given it away

Back to my beer to wash the word used for shit in my eyes away

Just for the record Chris Solly is super human not shit

Must remember to put a smiley on the end i get the feeling this site is going to be pretty frantic for some this summer
  • Options
    sauces ?
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Why are you putting on dirty pants and wearing them for a week?

I'm standing in for Henry :-)

• Options

Dazzler21 said:

Why are you putting on dirty pants and wearing them for a week?

I'm standing in for Henry :-)

Hope you're wearing a cardi !