Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Players you're supposed to hate but don't...

You know the type, the players most people you know seem to hate, a lot of people who don't support the club they play for tend to hate, they most probably often deserve to be hated, but for whatever reason it is, you just don't have the same feeling.

I'll start it off:

John Terry - Don't dislike him one bit. Might come from following England and knowing he cares and always gives 100% for us. Old school defender - Not fussed by the off-field stuff.

Joey Barton - I think the fact he annoys so many people makes me like him. Says what he thinks and not a bad player imo.

Alan Shearer - Most non-geordies seem to think he's a sly dirty bastard. Me I loved him playing for England and never felt any negative feelings towards him or his game even when playing against us.

What we got people?

Comments

• Options
    Rooney. Oh no wait, I do.

Erm... Wilfried Zaha. There, I said it.
  • Options
    Barton
  • Options
    Robbie Savage
  • Options
    Regarding Palace players I respect Zaha, like him even, and Speroni has grown on me. In the past Southgate and Coleman were both obviously class players (was Coleman at palace?).
  • Options
    Parker
  • Options
    Frank Lampard
  • Options
    Craig Bellamy
  • Options
    Ashley cole.
  • Options
    Ashley Cole, John Terry and Suarez
  • Options
    Parker and Suarez are both good shouts that I agree with.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bellamy for me.
  • Options
    Savage, Terry, Parker, Cole, Shearer
  • Options
    Do any non charlton fans hate parker? I quite like Terry as well. As said above, whilst a lot of the players look like they couldn't care less playing for England, he always played like it meant something to him
  • Options
    Van den Hauwe (spelt correct?)

• Options
    Terry is a scum bag, still get the hump when my father in law spud blames Scotty foreverything that goes wrong down the lane
  • Options
    Barton
  • Options
    Parker, Suarez and Shearer
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    How can people like Terry he shagged his teammates wife. Don't like the guy atall.
  • Options
    Bale you diving tosser...oh what a beautiful goal!
  • Options
    Man Utd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Craig Bellamy

Ashley Cole - TBH as good as anyone I've seen in that position

Joey Barton
  • Options
    Vinnie jones

David beckham

Ronaldo

Giggs

Parker

Defoe
  • Options
    Gareth Southgate is a good one, should hate him for being Palace but he seems a really decent bloke.
  • Options
    Robbie Savage. Was the best player in the world in his position (wind up merchant). The Graham Poll incident also helps.
  • Options
    Almonds said:

How can people like Terry he shagged his teammates wife. Don't like the guy atall.

I think a lot of people like me just don't really care what he does off the pitch.

It might sound a bit shallow, but he always gave his all for his country and was one the best defenders in the world a few years back.
  • Options
    I can't help but like Terry after that mental block vs Slovenia in the Wc. Defending a 1 0 lead when their player takes a pile driver shot. terry dives in superman style and throws his face in front of the ball. Pure comedy gold. Wish I had the photo.
  • Options
    Muscat
  • Options

Terry is a scum bag, still get the hump when my father in law spud blames Scotty foreverything that goes wrong down the lane

He's been utter shite this season, and I think you'll find most of his fellow Spuds agree.
  • Options

Muscat

What's not to hate?
  • Options
    m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=Ev1S8quL9rE&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DEv1S8quL9rE

I can't help but like Terry after that mental block vs Slovenia in the Wc. Defending a 1 0 lead when their player takes a pile driver shot. terry dives in superman style and throws his face in front of the ball. Pure comedy gold. Wish I had the photo.