Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Arry wants more money to spend!

Speaking about his future, Redknapp explained with a mixture of anger and regret: "If I can't change it around during the summer and get some good lads in, I wouldn't want to come back. There is a little group I need to get out and new blood in.

"I want to put a team together where I can look forward to coming into work. I don't want people coming in late and me fining players every day. One player got fined more this month than he did in wages - and believe me he earns plenty of money.

"I don't need to come to work every day and have that aggravation. I want to get a group in willing to come learn and take a bit of pride in what they do. There is a good group, but we need to get more in and get some out. Hopefully I have support from board and we have to see what players we can find."

Bet Fernandes will be chuffed reading that, after Redknapp wasted 12m and 100k a week on Samba!

Comments

• Options
    I don't really understand his motivation for saying this stuff in public. If his aim is to sell certain players then surely slagging off their attitude in the press is going to make finding buyers (which would already be tough given the wages these guys are on) very difficult.

Is he just trying to get sympathy at the expense of QPRs ability to move on players this summer ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

I don't really understand his motivation for saying this stuff in public. If his aim is to sell certain players then surely slagging off their attitude in the press is going to make finding buyers (which would already be tough given the wages these guys are on) very difficult.

Is he just trying to get sympathy at the expense of QPRs ability to move on players this summer ?

He simply can't help himself.
  • Options
    The thing with Harry is, it's all about Harry.
    The End.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oh for ****'s sake, can that over-rated, inept, cheating fraudulent **** just for once accept he might just have bit of responsibility? Just for once? If he didn't brown nose the media, he would be a Championship manager at the very most. I can't stand that man at all.
  • Options
    He's like a sitcom character. Thank god he didn't get the national job and it would be triffic if he didn't get any more work after this.
  • Options
    In a way you can see his point. He must have inherited some right f***ing wankers when he went there. Not saying he didn`t add to them though which he has no excuses for!
  • Options
    To be fair, he doesn't say there that he wants more money to spend. Yes, he probably does, but the quote just says he wants 'new faces' and to ship out the rubbish - that could be at a profit.
  • Options
    The bloke is an absolute disgrace - terribly overrated, brilliant at playing the media and pulling the wool over people's eyes. When things go well, he milks the credit but never, ever takes responsibility when things go wrong. It's either the players' fault, the board's fault or his predecessors. Quite why the media give him such an easy time is hard to fathom. I suppose he's good copy. I can't abide the bloke.
  • Options

The bloke is an absolute disgrace - terribly overrated, brilliant at playing the media and pulling the wool over people's eyes. When things go well, he milks the credit but never, ever takes responsibility when things go wrong. It's either the players' fault, the board's fault or his predecessors. Quite why the media give him such an easy time is hard to fathom. I suppose he's good copy. I can't abide the bloke.

Spot on - they'll always get a decent quote or two so give him an easy ride.
  • Options
    I like Harry and reckon he is a good manager. He inherited a heap of shit at QPR and did what he thought was necessary to keep them up - unsuccessfully as it turns out but we know from bitter experience how hard it is to arrest a downward spiral, don't we boys and girls? I'm sure that the players he bought were emergency signings aimed at doing enough to keep them up. He needs a different mindset and a different vibe to create some forward momentum next season. If they don't, this season's losers and big time charlies might well struggle again next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

To be fair, he doesn't say there that he wants more money to spend. Yes, he probably does, but the quote just says he wants 'new faces' and to ship out the rubbish - that could be at a profit.

Has he ever turned a profit at any club he's been at?

Also doubt he'd be going public and asking for support from the board if he was making a profit on transfers.
  • Options
    To be fair, I can entirely imagine the problems behidn the scene at that club, and am sure what he says is true.

The disadvantage of saying it, as se9addick said, is that it doesn't exactly make it easy to ship players out if you state they're lazy and disruptive!

Chris Solly, for example is always turning up for training hungover and late:-)
  • Options
    If he was the great manager that his mates in the press try to convince us he is, he would have sorted out the dressing room and got those players to get it together. If things have got no better, or even worse, since he took over, that's on him in a very large way. He's a complete and utter tool, if he never works again it will be too soon.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

I like Harry and reckon he is a good manager. He inherited a heap of shit at QPR and did what he thought was necessary to keep them up - unsuccessfully as it turns out but we know from bitter experience how hard it is to arrest a downward spiral, don't we boys and girls? I'm sure that the players he bought were emergency signings aimed at doing enough to keep them up. He needs a different mindset and a different vibe to create some forward momentum next season. If they don't, this season's losers and big time charlies might well struggle again next season.

I really think you're being too kind to him.

I would imagine lots of the issues he's facing are down to his ridiculous transfer policy.

How much do you think guys like Clint Hill and Jamie Mackie, who've actually achieved something for QPR, are on ? How will those players feel when someone like Samba waltzes in, half fit, on £100k a week ?

If you spend the type of money that Redknapp has at QPR you'd better make damn sure you stay up otherwise you're jeopardising the very future of the club and let's be fair, Redknapp didn't manage to get them anywhere close to surviving did he ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Davo55 said:

I would imagine lots of the issues he's facing are down to his ridiculous transfer policy.

How much do you think guys like Clint Hill and Jamie Mackie, who've actually achieved something for QPR, are on ? How will those players feel when someone like Samba waltzes in, half fit, on £100k a week ?

If you spend the type of money that Redknapp has at QPR you'd better make damn sure you stay up otherwise you're jeopardising the very future of the club and let's be fair, Redknapp didn't manage to get them anywhere close to surviving did he ?
    Fair points mate, but I don't think it is right or fair to write him off as a manager either (I know you didn't but some other posts were OTT). He has a very good track record, albeit not faultless, and I think recovering the mess that Hughes created just proved too much for him, as it would very many other top managers. If anyone wants to see a real managerial waste of space, look no further than Mark Hughes. He is the architect of that almighty shambles at QPR, not Harry.
  • Options
    Bloke was sacked from Spurs and made sure his ugly mug was everywhere (Fifa, Skybet, bbc etc etc)
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

se9addick said:

Davo55 said:

Fair points mate, but I don't think it is right or fair to write him off as a manager either (I know you didn't but some other posts were OTT). He has a very good track record, albeit not faultless, and I think recovering the mess that Hughes created just proved too much for him, as it would very many other top managers. If anyone wants to see a real managerial waste of space, look no further than Mark Hughes. He is the architect of that almighty shambles at QPR, not Harry.
    Agree

• Options
    Shit manager now at a shit club, will probably spend loads and do well for 1 season then will either walk away or be sacked. They deserve each other.
  • Options
    Davo55 said:

se9addick said:

Davo55 said:

That's the thing, I don't think Harry's a bad manager per se but his transfer policy is ruinous - as has been proven. I also can't understand why he feels the need to spout off in the media all the time.

Say what you like about Hughes but under him QPR stayed up.I'm not saying they would have done this year had he not been fired, but I doubt they would have finished bottom (!) with 25 points (!!).
  • Options
    To be fair to 'Arry, under him Spurs finished 4th, this year under AVB they finished 5th...

QPR's transfer policy over the last 2 seasons has been a shambles. After promotion, the ownership was changing, so in the crucial summer period Warnock had little money to spend, so had to bring in journeymen. Then suddenly the floodgates opened and ever since then they've accumulated expensive players in addition to the journeymen...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    its foward planning -- as told to him by his dog.
    If he dont do it next yesr its not his fault is it? i mean he wasnt given a multi million pound budget.

Go on Harry Boy protect yourself and boolox to the fans
  • Options

To be fair to 'Arry, under him Spurs finished 4th, this year under AVB they finished 5th......

Redknapp had Van Der Vaart and Modric in his side last year - very important players. AVB also lost Kaboul and Sandro to injury this season - two more important players.
    Spurs got 69 points under Redknapp. They got 72 under AVB.
  • Options
    thenewbie said:

Oh for ****'s sake, can that over-rated, inept, cheating fraudulent **** just for once accept he might just have bit of responsibility? Just for once? If he didn't brown nose the media, he would be a Championship manager at the very most. I can't stand that man at all.

Both of these.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Has he ever turned a profit at any club he's been at?

I'm pretty sure he has turned in a profit everywhere he's been. Obviously the clubs were all fcuked and lost money hand over fist, but he was turning in a nice healthy profit regardless (plus "bonuses").
  • Options

To be fair to 'Arry, under him Spurs finished 4th, this year under AVB they finished 5th......

Redknapp had Van Der Vaart and Modric in his side last year - very important players. AVB also lost Kaboul and Sandro to injury this season - two more important players.
    But then AVB spent plenty of money on replacements. Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey, Holtby, Sigurdsson. And had Bale in dominant form
  • Options

But then AVB spent plenty of money on replacements. Lloris, Vertonghen, Dembele, Dempsey, Holtby, Sigurdsson. And had Bale in dominant form
    Exactly
  • Options
    Here's a question, how many clubs has he been at that have since gone into administration?
  • Options
    You can find fault in all facits of redknapps management from his rather liberal transfer dealings to his inabilty to motivate certain players like Benty

To his tactical downfalls in certain games

He can manage certain types of player and certain journo pigs fall for his ridiculous scandle based stories

He is imo a poor mgr a fraud on many levels
  • Options
    Has chucked a whole lot of money at a problem from an owner who thought he'd get them out of trouble , and made the situation a lot worse , glad its not my money he was gambling with.
  • Options
    He'll probably get the money as well. Fernandes can't afford to own a second tier side but he can afford a few million more for a promotion bid, especially given the golden parachute payments. I suspect many will be leaving the Loftus crew, except those donkeys on very lucrative, long term contracts.