Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Options
    o dear
  • Options
    Please God, no!
  • Options
    He's 82 years old. Are we in his bucket list?
  • Options
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Please tell me this is a bad dream!
  • Options
    Would rather sh*t in my hands and clap than have him own us
  • Options
    can we afford to be that picky?
  • Options
    Rather have his son Master Bates
  • Options
    Psycho! Oh sorry...
  • Options
    Can someone paste it on here please? Looked all through that (messy) page and can't see anything about it..............
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    Nice of the Daily Mail to be it's usual accurate self
    "The composition of Charlton’s ownership has never been entirely clear, with reports property development tycoon Ken Cash helps bankroll the regime headed by City financier Michael Slater.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2328115/CHARLES-SALE-Brooklyn-picks-Beckham-baton-joining-QPRs-academy-side.html#ixzz2TuVta6qR
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options

Football dinosaur Ken Bates may be 82 later this year, but the fevered speculation doing the rounds among the top brass of the Football League is that Bates is interested in buying Championship club Charlton.
    Bates is still a board member at Leeds United but will resign as chairman on June 30 to begin a three-year term as president, having sold the club to Dubai-based finance house GFH Capital last December.
    The composition of Charlton’s ownership has never been entirely clear, with reports property development tycoon Ken Cash helps bankroll the regime headed by City financier Michael Slater.

One Charlton shareholder is Tony Jiminez, who had a controversial spell running Newcastle player recruitment with Dennis Wise — a close ally of Bates.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2328115/CHARLES-SALE-Brooklyn-picks-Beckham-baton-joining-QPRs-academy-side.html#ixzz2TuVgY7ZX
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
  • Options
    Football dinosaur Ken Bates may be 82 later this year, but the fevered speculation doing the rounds among the top brass of the Football League is that Bates is interested in buying Championship club Charlton.

Bates is still a board member at Leeds United but will resign as chairman on June 30 to begin a three-year term as president, having sold the club to Dubai-based finance house GFH Capital last December.

The composition of Charlton’s ownership has never been entirely clear, with reports property development tycoon Ken Cash helps bankroll the regime headed by City financier Michael Slater.

One Charlton shareholder is Tony Jiminez, who had a controversial spell running Newcastle player recruitment with Dennis Wise — a close ally of Bates.
  • Options
    Gulp!
  • Options
    Please no. Leeds fans absolutely hate him.

He will put ticket prices up and sell any half decent player at the first sign of a bid.
  • Options
    BATES OUT
  • Options

BATES OUT

This
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    And i was in such a good mood this morning :(
    Oh hang on it's in the Daily Fail...It's bound to be total bollox.
  • Options
    Daily Mail. Get a grip people.
  • Options

Mick Collins...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said:

Mick Collins...
    Mail on Sunday
  • Options
    Maybe it's a wheeze to scare the Charlton fans into begging TJ and MS to stay...
  • Options
    WSS said:

Mick Collins...
    Charles Sale...according to the page itself.

Perhaps they meant previously unheard of multi-billionairre Kevin Bates, to go with the Ken Cash in the story!
  • Options
    It woukd certainly change the picture on communication and interaction with the fans. Lots more expletives both ways, I imagine.
  • Options

BATES OUT

This
    BATES NOT IN
  • Options
    Kevin Cash is so illusive people think he's called Ken - Genius
  • Options
    Jeez, another one that can't be trusted as far as you could throw him.

And I think we would have to close CL down as I could see him launching lawsuits every three days !

However, a bit of perspective. It seems unlikely to me.
  • Options
    The fact the journo has drawn a link between TJ and Dennis Wise as if to add credence to the story, while I believe it's been mentioned on here before the two have had a major falling out (was there legal action involved?) suggests that the reporter isn't "in the know" as much as he's letting on.
  • Options
    Seems quite plausible to me

But since the takeover its been a whole load of reports and rumours and contention

Who knows

I dont know enough about ken bates to make a decision
  • Options
    No way Bates would pay the sort of money the directors are looking for.