Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

nigels

Comments

• Options
    Maybe they could spend some money on a ground, they certainly need to.
    Fair play to them, they went up, we didn't, endure the unendurable because tomorrow is another day and all that.
  • Options
    Croydon said:

Is there a team luckier than palace? Haven't seen two worse performances this season than brighton at the amex and watford today

That wasn't luck. Palace did a great job on both of them. They closed them down, gave them no space & ran & ran until, the final whistle. They wanted it more than Brighton & Watford & as much as I'm bitterly disappointed, they fully deserve it.
  • Options
    Covered end are u a nigel
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Covered end are u a nigel

How very dare you, you young whippersnapper :-). I'd imagine I've been to more Charlton games than you've had hot dinners. I'm seriously gutted & will be in a foul mood for some time, but I can't deny the truth. Palace deserved it on the day & their supporters did a good job. I hate them, but there you go. We all saw it.
  • Options
    They might even break the 20,000 barrier once or twice next season!
  • Options
    Apparently a group of Palace fans 'did a millwall' and started fighting each other in one of the blocks in the first half. Funny.
  • Options
    Also I've heard a few stories about tickets being invalid on arrival at the stadium and some didn't get in.
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Who was the fool that said that Holloway was a joke and hasn't done well anywhere except Blackpool for one season?!

That would've been me.

How he still got Palace promoted with 44 points from a possible 93 is beyond me. Credit where it's due though, his teams do seem to turn up for the play-offs unfortunately.

It'll be a one year stint for Palace anyway, as it always is.
  • Options
    Still sick.............arrrrggggghhhh
  • Options
    Only a temporary blip......We will be swapping places next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

Is there a team luckier than palace? Haven't seen two worse performances this season than brighton at the amex and watford today

That wasn't luck. Palace did a great job on both of them. They closed them down, gave them no space & ran & ran until, the final whistle. They wanted it more than Brighton & Watford & as much as I'm bitterly disappointed, they fully deserve it.
    Agree with this, might not like it but it is fact
  • Options
    Palace deserved to win but like Hull can see them struggling next season.
    Brighton and Watford were both made to look very ordinary.
    Not sure how Freedman must feel?
  • Options

Croydon said:

I agree with you to an extent,but I think palace have played these teams on a bad day. Watford were woeful,even the penalty came from a lazy header from their centre back. As good as palace's gameplan was, I don't think it had anything to do with just how poor watford's passing was or how shite they were in the final third of the pitch

• Options
    Lots of reports this morning about Palace fans giving it the bigun to young Watford fans, including one mate who saw 4 Palace fans abuse a 7 year old kid and threw beer on him while shouting 'Italian Wankers'. Scum
  • Options
    gutted.
    just had a text from a mate offering me a ticket to see the specials at brixton tonight.
    problem is one of the fellas going is palace.

i text him back "thanks, but you could resurrect john lennon and reform the beatles to perform and i still would turn it down if it meant spending time with a palace fan tonight"

at least its not millwall (i keep telling myself).
  • Options

Lots of reports this morning about Palace fans giving it the bigun to young Watford fans, including one mate who saw 4 Palace fans abuse a 7 year old kid and threw beer on him while shouting 'Italian Wankers'. Scum

really doesnt suprise me horrible horrible club

• Options
    Palace's premier league record.

92/93 - Relegated
    94/95 - Relegated
    97/98 - Relegated
    04/05 - Relegated

They won't be there long.
  • Options
    As long as Holloway is not sacked during next season, they will get battered week in week out.
  • Options

Croydon said:

There was as strange lack of passion and effort in the Brighton and Watford players, maybe there's something to be said for the old school motivational British manager for games like these
  • Options
    Thinking of next years betting already. Might try and have a bet on whoever they play against winning.
    The only requirement being that their opponents have to be evens or greater.
    Alternatively, lay them if they are less than evens to win.

Just read it back, and you know what? Thats what i'm going to do.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Croydon said:

There was as strange lack of passion and effort in the Brighton and Watford players, maybe there's something to be said for the old school motivational British manager for games like these
    Not jumping on your bandwagon but I said a similar thing about foreign managers yesterday evening.

• Options

Croydon said:

Not jumping on your bandwagon but I said a similar thing about foreign managers yesterday evening.

Erm , meant maybe they are not the best motivators at Championship level when it comes to Le Crunch...

• Options

Thinking of next years betting already. Might try and have a bet on whoever they play against winning.

They won't be less than Evens all season.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Erm , meant maybe they are not the best motivators at Championship level when it comes to Le Crunch...

Wasn't that the criticism of Sven in the WC quarter final match versus Brazil?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    GRAY9 said:

They won't be less than Evens all season.
    I was thinking they may be for the odd home game?
    I know this will rule out a lot of games, but the ones that fall into either catagery, i will back.
    May even look at their opponents -1 when Palace play away.
  • Options
    Will just be all the nicer this time next year as we go up and they go down...
  • Options
    Can't see them surviving, objectively.

Ollie has the experience with Blackpool who he nearly kept in the premier league league and with quite Notably Charlie Adam having a great season, and not being able to produce at his other clubs.

I think they will do a Reading, with the odd spirited performance performance which, in the end, just won't be good enough for the big time.

If and it's a big IF, they survive the 1st season, they definitely won't survive the 2nd.

Will enjoy watching them get humiliated against the likes of Chelsea at the bridge when they are already down and out.
  • Options
    The scum [Palace} have been in the prem 4 times and each time have gone down at the end of it.

They have never survived one whole season in the Prem without going down, Hopefully it will be the same again.
  • Options

Croydon said:

Agree with this, might not like it but it is fact
    Hated watching it but that was men against boys.palace swamped them second half and could only see one winner.gutted they have gone up lets hope they take their usual tumble straight back down.
  • Options
    Thank you for all the kind comments, and I look forward to our board using the money wisely, as Charlton did in there early years in the premier. Hopefully we spend wisely, and last longer than we have in the past, but I'm confident that this will see Palace improving Selhurst and the whole infrastructure of the club.

Hopefully we may draw you in the cup, as I'd hate there to be a long gap before we play you again.