Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The big question for the Palace board...

2»

Comments

• Why would Palace act any differently to any other business? We wouldn't.
    Not worth getting on your moral high horse about

Oh yes it is. This is Palace we are talking about.

And it is disgusting and it ought to be stopped by reform of the way football is organised in this country. 120m. FFS

Haha. Righto Neptune ;-)

Yes sorry, when it comes to Palace I lose all sense of proportion.. But really this whole admin thing is wrong and needs to be nailed. How simple would it be for the FAPL to introduce a rule that any newly promoted club has to pay back all creditors from an administration going back the last ten years?

And trust me, if you run your own small business then this attitude of 'everyone does it' does not go down well.
  • F-Blocker said:

...will they have the morals to compensate all the local businesses (and charities!) that were screwed over when the club went bust?

My thoughts exactly http://chicagoaddick.wordpress.com/2013/05/27/not-bitter/

The two teams on show today were both so appallingly bad that the Addicks would have wiped the floor with them... especially with Solly nibbling Zaha's ankles! But all three clubs promoted from the Championship this season appear to be well managed by shrewd owners ... it is likely that 2 out of 3 or more will come straight back down with pockets laden with gold. Perhaps accompanied by Newcastle or Stoke?

Really? Cardiff have about 80m of debt and would be in all sorts of trouble if they hadn't gone up this season. Hull weren't that far off doing a Portsmouth from what i've read until they were bailed out by their current owner.
  • Palace no longer have an egotistical orange spiv at the helm and have, legally if not morally, lost all their old debt.

They are now run by the next best thing to a Supporters' Trust who will use the multi million cash injection from promotion wisely and take them way beyond us for the forseeable future. It is even not beyond the realms that they will poach players like the Norbury born and bred Harriott as a replacement for Zaha and stengthen their defence with old boy Wiggins and our talisman Solly.

Still plenty on here preferred Palace to go up rather than the "Italian loanees" so I hope you are all happy now!
  • Congratulations to Palace. I hope they enjoy the season of heartache and shattered dreams in the premiership that now awaits them.

And if CAFC can get promoted next season, that will be at least two years running we won't have to play them!
  • F-Blocker said:

...will they have the morals to compensate all the local businesses (and charities!) that were screwed over when the club went bust?

The two teams on show today were both so appallingly bad that the Addicks would have wiped the floor with them... especially with Solly nibbling Zaha's ankles! But all three clubs promoted from the Championship this season appear to be well managed by shrewd owners ... it is likely that 2 out of 3 or more will come straight back down with pockets laden with gold. Perhaps accompanied by Newcastle or Stoke?

Really? Cardiff have about 80m of debt and would be in all sorts of trouble if they hadn't gone up this season. Hull weren't that far off doing a Portsmouth from what i've read until they were bailed out by their current owner.
    I agree Cardiff & Hull might have wealthy owners but not sure about how well managed they are. Palace are now run by 4 I believe, wealthy lifelong fans who have all run and owned succesfull businesses. Parish is the front man of those 4 and from what I understand probably not the wealthiest of them. I reckon the main thing they want to get out of their windfall is a new stadium, and who can blame them!
  • Nug said:

F-Blocker said:

I agree Cardiff & Hull might have wealthy owners but not sure about how well managed they are. Palace are now run by 4 I believe, wealthy lifelong fans who have all run and owned succesfull businesses. Parish is the front man of those 4 and from what I understand probably not the wealthiest of them. I reckon the main thing they want to get out of their windfall is a new stadium, and who can blame them!
    Sadly I think those now in charge at Palace are probably a lot more trustworthy than our owners.
  • Nug said:

F-Blocker said:

Sadly I think those now in charge at Palace are probably a lot more trustworthy than our owners.
    Well, the Palace board definitely have the interests of the football club at heart and not what they can flog it for. Saying that, we needed our lot to come in when they did and we have progressed nicely. Interesting to see what our boards next move will be.