Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Famous fans

Comments

• Options
    Vincenzo said:
    Just discovered another famous fan: General Dwight Eisenhower.

He attended the Football League War Cup (South) between Charlton and Chelsea, which Charlton won 3-1.

"After presenting Charlton with the League South Cup at Wembley in April 1944, Ike told reporters, 'I started cheering for the blues, but when I saw the reds were winning, well I had to go on cheering for them.'" 

Proper Charlton. 
    Glory hunter... ;)
  • Options
    Born in Plumstead but choose to be Charlton, not an Addick by accident of birth.
    Most people are addicts at the time of birth in Plumstead! 
  • Options
    hawksmoor said:
    Ah, gotcha.

We should ask her to take over DJing duties after the game even though her choice of music may cause the odd heart palpations in the blanket and thermos ranks.
  • Options
    edited February 2020
    The landlord of the Winchester in Shaun of the Dead
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F18-WFYzOQ4&feature=share
  • Options
    Always liked Crawley
  • Options
    Well done Creepy.👍🏼
  • Options
    Still don’t think enough was made about the Bip Ling music video. Moment has passed now though, sadly.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't Benzema too? Would have been a decent pairing
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I think we could possibly add Jorge Costa to that list.
    Without doubt he holds a great affection for the club and ‘perhaps’ could be called a fan……at a stretch?
    Certainly an honorary Addick if nothing else.
  • Options
    Isn’t Pixie Lott an Addick……I think she is?
  • Options
    I'm sure I remember back in the Premier League years reading that Ruud van Nistelrooy supports Charlton. Does anyone else remember this? Well, today his twitter account popped up and sure enough he follows Charlton.

As a young fella whenever he came to London he stayed with a family (family friends maybe), who were Addicks and took him to The Valley a few times…….so the story goes.
    Wasn’t it Selhurst park? 
  • Options
    Didn't Benzema too? Would have been a decent pairing
    He used to follow our results when Kelly Youga played for us as they are good friends
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    I'm sure I remember back in the Premier League years reading that Ruud van Nistelrooy supports Charlton. Does anyone else remember this? Well, today his twitter account popped up and sure enough he follows Charlton.

As a young fella whenever he came to London he stayed with a family (family friends maybe), who were Addicks and took him to The Valley a few times…….so the story goes.
    Wasn’t it Selhurst park? 
    Maybe Stew.🤔
  • Options
    Sadly not.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly not.

Not a Lott 
  • Options
    I think I remember her saying her family were split cafc/whu

• Options
    I seem to remember that her dad's a West Ham fan and her mum's a Charlton fan
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Yes, her dad’s an Addick, mum and her are Wet Spamers.☹️
    Maybe she was spotted with him at Wembley 2019?
  • Options
    My son was coaching in Norway recently and the team he was with had a Charlton fan  in it. He didn't get to meet him as he was coaching the young keepers and he was sold pretty soon after he arrived. I don't think this had anything to do with being a Charlton fan though! I suppose it is a stretch as even in Norway he was probably not well known.
  • Options
    This is correct. She was on on Sunday morning show (I think trying to cook something) question who do you support? and the answer was mum is a West Ham fan dad is Charlton so those two 
  • Options
    Stewart said:
    This is correct. She was on on Sunday morning show (I think trying to cook something) question who do you support? and the answer was mum is a West Ham fan dad is Charlton so those two 
    She also appeared on Soccer AM with the nails of one hand painted claret and blue and the other hand red and white for the same reason.  
  • Options
    Sadly not.

Mum's West Ham but her dad is Charlton