Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Fall............anyone watching?

Comments

• Options

The scene where the killer attacks the girl and her boyfriend was amazing last night. It felt very real.
    Also , am i the only one who gets the feeling that the Gillian Anderson character is into woman as well as men ?

I bet that WPC is hoping so!

• Options
    met Gillian Anderson on a few occasions, she really is tiny but much better looking in real life and very sexy.
  • Options

The scene where the killer attacks the girl and her boyfriend was amazing last night. It felt very real.
    Also , am i the only one who gets the feeling that the Gillian Anderson character is into woman as well as men ?

Beds, Me too. Her eyes lit up when the WPC said she was gay. Can't see them getting it on in the last episode? Agree completely re the latest double murder - very dark and edge of your seat stuff. All coming together for, hopefully, a tidy and satisfying end to what's been very good viewing for me.
  • Options
    Somehow the politician is linked to this all, just can't work out fully how!?!

Edge of seat stuff last night,
  • Options
    I was a bit dubious after the 2nd episode but utterly hooked now - the murderer is one of the best TV serial killers I've seen for ages. Glad to see another series is in the offing.
  • Options

just wishful thinking on your part beds:)

Probably ! I think I might be right though .
  • Options

just wishful thinking on your part beds:)

Probably ! I think I might be right though .
    For what it's worth, I think you're right

• Options
    Ok, so The Fall finally concluded last night. On reflection, I continue to feel that this was, generally, a big disappointment. Typically open ending too.
  • Options
    V disappointing ending.
  • Options
    Agreed - The last episode was very Dissapointing . So many holes in the plot and I'm still struggling to understand why they didn't just arrest the guy ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thought it was ok, but hate these series that end without an ending so it can can come back.
  • Options
    Very well thought through and tense finale. Intelligent writing and direction made for great drama. Still disappointed no real conclusion...
  • Options
    Rubbish ending as everyone says. Also based on a very hard to believe premise that his missus forgives his affair with the 15 year old but stranger things have happened I suppose.

Just don't see why tv companies have to turn everything into a flipping franchise these days - it was over long as a five parter imo let alone stretching it out to another series a la The Killing.
  • Options
    I think the real ending would have been at the point he was hugging his wife at the kitchen sink and thanking her for moving away with him - hearing sirens of the police where she'd called them to change her story regarding the alibi.

I can't see how they can string this story out for another 5 eps. I did enjoy it though, that phone call etc, but knowing that it only had 5 minutes to go, there was no way he would have got caught at that point.

Did find it funny that Brendan Brady had to ring his sister Cheryl Brady to confirm her husbands alibi in connection to the attempted murder of their best mate Lynsey from Belfast who was murdered in Chester the year before..... #thosewhowatchhollyoakswillunderstand

• Options
    One last thing, the artists impression or efit of the suspect that attacked the girl in the uni dorm years before, was so close to him it was almost a photo without the beard. Surely it would have been added to the board in the incident room and the two coppers that dealt with him would have said. "That looks like that bloke that just came in..."
  • Options
    cfgs said:

One last thing, the artists impression or efit of the suspect that attacked the girl in the uni dorm years before, was so close to him it was almost a photo without the beard. Surely it would have been added to the board in the incident room and the two coppers that dealt with him would have said. "That looks like that bloke that just came in..."

Absolutely right.
  • Options

cfgs said:

Absolutely right.
    Or Gillian Anderson might have thought, "looks a bit like the bloke wandering along the corridor of the police station earlier..."
  • Options
    Inconceivable that after the fight with the girl's boyfriend, his blood and DNA wouldn't be found somewhere at the scene.
  • Options
    I'm pretty sure series* 2 will be more about where is he, than who done it surely? His victim has just come around, he's given a DNA sample, his cars gone up in mysterious circumstances and he done a runner from his house with wifey.

*btw is it just me that finds it irritating when people say 'Season 2 of such and such...'
  • Options
    I've really enjoyed it but the ending was a cop-out for series two. The laugh for me was that the photo fit was practically a photo and they had a recording of his voice and footage of him trailing one of the victims which was aired on TV?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I missed about 30 secs at the end. Did he bump off the 15 year old?
  • Options
    BDL said:

I missed about 30 secs at the end. Did he bump off the 15 year old?

No.
  • Options
    Ah, just caught the end of it, who was it he killed near the end?

As for the ending, I agree it was rushed.
  • Options
    BDL said:

Ah, just caught the end of it, who was it he killed near the end?

As for the ending, I agree it was rushed.

The mannekin (sp)?
  • Options
    Bloody hell, I watched it and still thought there was another episode! Rubbish ending
  • Options
    .....another give away would have been the fact that she sussed him having achild aged 7/8 and that he came forward from the cctv of him walking in the park with her...........plus the way she caught him staring at her at the station. Put those factors together with the e-fit photo and there's no way Stella (Gillian) wouldn't have identified him. Silly really.
  • Options
    Didn't see how it could have ended after Monday's episode given there is also an additional storyline of Munroe's husband who has now done a runner. Mind you, I don't fully understand what the relevance of that plotline is.

Thought Paul was screwed when he started writing down the names of the care homes he stayed in as a child, as they could've matched his handwriting to the note he wrote to the 2nd/3rd (I forgot which) victim's father.

• Options
    yep crap ending but hopefully the second series is entirely dedicated to Gillian lezzing it up with the WPC.
  • Options
    2nd series starts tonight, BBC2 9pm.

I saw the repeated 1st series last week & thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd give it 8 out of 10.
  • Options
    Loved the first series. Looking forward to tonight.