Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Epsom Derby

Comments

• Options
    Penitent runs tomorrow @ Epsom in the Group 3 Diomed Stakes. There will be 7 runners & he’s presently 6th favourite @ 15/2 although it looks quite an open race. The going has certainly eased, which is to his advantage & he looks a fair E/W shot although he will need to be in the first 2 to pay out. I think it likely that he will start a shorter price than his current one.

Captain Dunne runs in the Dash @ Epsom on Saturday. This will be his 5th appearance in the race, winning it once, being second once & being twice unplaced. He has been very fortunate with the draw being 18 of 20. At the moment he’s second favourite @ 8/1 & as long as the ground isn’t too soft he must have a great E/W & possibly winning chance.
  • Options
    Any tips to survive a day with a load of Palace fans tomorrow?
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    The Derby was the best days racing for many years until they moved it to the weekend.
    It was the perfect mix of the classes. The bosses and the toffs and landed gentry in the enclosures and the workers in their coaches in the middle of the track, free admission for the buses. A great day off on the 1st Wednesday of June, the factories, the farms and the workshops closed and everyone went to the Derby.
    I went in 1989 when the great Nashwan won, the best horse Willie Carson ever rode-according to Carson himself. Such a shame for England that this tradition was lost.
    Anyway I'm not one to pass on tips etc as most are fruitless but do yourself a favour and get on Libertarian. Great pedigree and same sire as hot favourite Dawn Approach, this horse has definitely slipped under the radar. I'm sticking a ton on it.
  • Options
    I have been once before.Must say I didn't enjoy it.It took us four and a half hours by car.when we got there it was so crowded you could hardly move.Took ages to get a bet on.We managed to find a place to stand after walking for a while.The horses were going so fast they were gone in a second.The kids had the best time,they disappeared to the funfair all day.Will never do it again.Have subsequently gone to Quieter National Hunt meetings and enjoyed it.
  • Options
    In the words of Sir Tom Jones - Spacebar, spacebar. Use your spacebar........Please Dick!
  • Options
    Riviera said:

In the words of Sir Tom Jones - Spacebar, spacebar. Use your spacebar........Please Dick!

What are you going on about?
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Riviera said:

Leave a space between full stops and commas. Please.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

dickplumb said:

Riviera said:

Are you going to instruct the rest of the forum on their punctuation, use of the space bar,
    Grammatical errors? Because you are going to be very busy. Why do you feel the need to tell me that I didn't use the spacebar correctly? Does it make you feel superior? I moderate a Forum and if I were to comment on every mistake, i would be constantly posting. As far as I am aware this is a Charlton football forum, not an examination. The amount of times I have seen their and there used incorrectly, but have I commented on it?
  • Options
    Ignore dicky
  • Options
    1:35 Starscope
    2:10 Blue Surf
    2:45 Gregorian
    4:00 Moth
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2013
    1.35 - Ladys First (7/1)
    2.10 - Area Fifty One (13/2)
    2.45 - Producer (7/2)
    3.20 - Hi There (7/1)
    4.00 - Liber Nauticus (4/1)
    4.45 - Here Comes When (3/1)
    5.20 - You Da One (6/1)

10p Super Heinz
  • Options
    Done this last night

1.35 Sentrial
    2.10 niceofyoutotellme now a N/R
    2.45 Gregorian
    3.20 Mister Music
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Riviera said:

The Derby was the best days racing for many years until they moved it to the weekend.
    It was the perfect mix of the classes. The bosses and the toffs and landed gentry in the enclosures and the workers in their coaches in the middle of the track, free admission for the buses. A great day off on the 1st Wednesday of June, the factories, the farms and the workshops closed and everyone went to the Derby.
    I went in 1989 when the great Nashwan won, the best horse Willie Carson ever rode-according to Carson himself. Such a shame for England that this tradition was lost.

Absolutely! I believe it was at Queenie's request to move it.
  • Options
    dickplumb said:

Riviera said:

dickplumb said:

Riviera said:

Are you going to instruct the rest of the forum on their punctuation, use of the space bar,
    Grammatical errors? Because you are going to be very busy. Why do you feel the need to tell me that I didn't use the spacebar correctly? Does it make you feel superior? I moderate a Forum and if I were to comment on every mistake, i would be constantly posting. As far as I am aware this is a Charlton football forum, not an examination. The amount of times I have seen their and there used incorrectly, but have I commented on it?
    For goodness sake! It was just a request and I tried to present it with a bit of humour. My eyes are not brilliant and it is not that easy to read properly when you type like that.

Some people are so touchy!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

Ignore dicky

Ok I will.
  • Options
    Its not even packed atm which is always a good thing, the chinook is annoying though
  • Options
    £5 on gifted girl at 7/1
  • Options
    Thistle Bird wins the first as 3/1Fav
  • Options
    Ive had a 2nd abd 3rd :(
  • Options
    Gregorian wins easily at 3/1
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didnt go for it as odds were too short :(
  • Options

How can the price be too short you normally put a quid on a 20 team acc that pays 13 quid
  • Options
    Just had a smallish bet on The Lark
  • Options
    edited May 2013

your £5 bet would have returned £20...think of all the 50p accys!!!
  • Options
    Secret Gesture in the Oaks
  • Options
    Moth
  • Options
    Talent finishes like a train to win Oaks at 20/1
  • Options
    Any tips for today?

Have seen Michael Scudamore has Church Music in the Dash at 16/1, goes on soft ground.

• Options

Any tips for today?

If it starts raining, let me on your bus !

• Options
    Chopin e/w