Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Its pre season!! .....lets be negative!!!! lol

After such a positive season why all the negativity?

1- it appears we are back to bashing the board
2- every time there is a player rumour, someone decides we cant afford them.
3- chris powell is leaving, we have no money
4- we are not buying anyone,we have no money
5- no new kit yet ,we have no money and no sponsor

all these comments seem to be slung out on here every year.
why???
Can we not see what happens, if it doesnt work out , get negative after the fact.
last season really didnt pan out that bad did it?,which kind of made a few people on here look a bit daft.
i think the club is under a bit more shrewd control than many of us are led to believe,... i hope!!

Comments

• Options
    At least we won't have to go to the dump that is Selhurst Park ever again. We'll swap places with Palace next season and stay there after some oil-rich Arabs take over and turn us into Champions League contenders. :-)
  • Options
    haha, lets hope so!, ok i know i mentioned the negativity, But that is some serious positivity there! lol
    would be blinding tho. I would settle for a mega rich charlton loving englishman really, i know too much to ask.
  • Options
    Was it really a positive season? I know the last 8 weeks were but prior to that, it had been shit.
  • Options
    Were Charlton, we expect the worst and it makes good things seem even better. Being positive isn't in our nature.
  • Options
    i know what you mean threadkiller, but i think over the course of the season, it ended up a step forward from the previous amount of dire stuff we have been through.we would have taken 9th at the start wouldnt we?
    i agree around and just after crimbo it was looking a lot worse, i think most sides went thru it at some stage tho.
  • Options
    boredom.
  • Options
    Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Keeping chris solly spending cash's lolly..
  • Options
    Compared with the wrist slitting comments here last year (we're going broke, lucky to survive the season etc) things are positively joyous this summer :-)
  • Options
    paulfox said:

why???
    Can we not see what happens, if it doesnt work out , get negative after the fact.
    last season really didnt pan out that bad did it?,which kind of made a few people on here look a bit daft.
    i think the club is under a bit more shrewd control than many of us are led to believe,... i hope!!

Spot on mate. I have no doubt CP will be re-building the squad one way or another over the next 2 months or so. Let's enjoy the summer, look back with pleasure at the progress made last season and evaluate the squad and what it tells us about finances, when there is something to review.
  • Options

Was it really a positive season? I know the last 8 weeks were but prior to that, it had been shit.

So shit that were never in the relegation zone from what I recall.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    paulfox said:

why???

Why all the negativity? Then why did you start this thread?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1531753/#Comment_1531753

• Options
    Just the way of life, people are probably just bored or negative people.

Personally i go the other way look forward to what next season will bring, at the moment we dont know but after a strong end to the season i am positive next year will be a good one.

COYR
  • Options

paulfox said:

why???

Why all the negativity? Then why did you start this thread?

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/1531753/#Comment_1531753

It wasn't a negative thread.Perhaps the irony of the title was lost on you.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Not another trolling thread from Paulfox? You could almost think he has an agenda.

Did you forget the last thread when you did this and were so pleased with yourself that you'd "rattled some cages" while slagging off other fans who might dare take a different view as "knockers" and "doom mongers" before you heard any facts. Then you got all upset and defensive when some facts were pointed out to you.

This is not a black or white issue. We can be both pleased that we finished 9th and haven't sold Solly and still be concerned at the losses the club is making and the impending court cases involving former directors.

There are a lot of positives but also some legitimate causes for concern.

As for signings no need to panic. It's only May.

And please don't go into another "poor me, I was only asking a question" sulk.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

And the wins against Cardiff and Leicester at home were shit, and our very good away form... well, that was shit too.

• Options
    edited May 2013
    cafctom said:

Well if you discounted the table on September 18th (6 games in) then I'd reckon that you'd be spot on

• Options
    Ok, let's cheer you up and be negative.
    Chris Powell will be gone by August.
    CAFC will cease to exist by August.
    CAFC will be selling the remaining meat slices at 50p.
    The Valley will be sold to property developers this year.
    Have I missed anything out?

At least the sun is shining :-)
  • Options
    oops!!! it appears i have written something the great mr irving does not want to read, and yet he seams to presume that there is an agenda again! and slate people for writing their thoughts.
    we are all charlton fans and yet you try to divide us with your high and mighty posting. funnily enough there are people who agree.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Why is this a 'trolling thread'?...i dont get it?

When the full facts of the clubs current financial position arent known to the vast majority of our fans, its better to have a positive outlook isnt it?
  • Options
    Stop trolling Gary
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We're so skint were selling plastic seats to Palace at knock down prices
  • Options
    edited May 2013

When the full facts of the clubs current financial position arent known to the vast majority of our fans, its better to have a positive outlook isnt it?

See the above post. He tried the same before to get a reaction and, silly me, I gave it to him.

He is a troll, end of. We could have a sensible debate about what is a very serious issue but he'd rather start thread after thread bemoaning anyone who isn't saying all is perfect.

We could have a positive outlook as you suggest, in fact I do, but we lost £7m in the promotion season (fact - it was in the accounts)

£1m is being "transferred into the Club a month" Source - Michael Slater

The wages weren't going to be paid one month so one of the directors had to step in. Source - Richard Murray

HMRC were chasing us for late payment. Source - Richard Murray

Peter Varney is being sued by and is counter suing the Club - Source Richard Murray

Steve Kavanagh is involved with an industrial tribunial with the Club - Source - The National Press.

Now, none of this means the Club is closing tomorrow or that it is all doom and gloom.

But all are legitimate causes for concern imho which fans should be debating sensibly and openly. Not ignoring nor slitting wrists.

Unfortunately Trolls with agendas like PaulFox don't want any debate about what the problems might be. They just want to say "hey, we finished 9th, Powell's still here so everything is great".

And you have to wonder why and who they really are?

• Options
    we're so skint that the scoreboard will be replaced next season by someone with a chalk board and a stick of chalk.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

we're so skint that the scoreboard will be replaced next season by someone with a chalk board and a stick of chalk.

We can afford chalk??
  • Options
    only white.
  • Options
    henry , for your info, i have supported charlton for 36 yrs, i grew up in harvey gardens and would happily meet up, discuss and if needed show evidence of this, over a nice cold pint. insinuating i am a troll without knowing who i am is another example of your paranoia. i accept and quite honestly dont give flying f. who is in charge of our club, as long as it continues to allow me to be a regular season ticket holder and loyal supporter as i am. I will scream and shout and show my distain when we look like going down the same route we have all been down in the past.It appears we have a board trying to make things right, we have a potentially good manager and some good youngsters coming through. lets see what happens!
  • Options
    edited May 2013

See the above post. He tried the same before to get a reaction and, silly me, I gave it to him.

He is a troll, end of. We could have a sensible debate about what is a very serious issue but he'd rather start thread after thread bemoaning anyone who isn't saying all is perfect.

We could have a positive outlook as you suggest, in fact I do, but we lost £7m in the promotion season (fact - it was in the accounts)

The wages weren't going to be paid one month so one of the directors had to step in. Source - Richard Murray

Peter Varney is being sued by and is counter suing the Club - Source Richard Murray

Steve Kavanagh is involved with an industrial tribunial with the Club - Source - The National Press.

Now, none of this means the Club is closing tomorrow or that it is all doom and gloom.

But all are legitimate causes for concern imho which fans should be debating sensibly and openly. Not ignoring nor slitting wrists.

Unfortunately Trolls with agendas like PaulFox don't want any debate about what the problems might be. They just want to say "hey, we finished 9th, Powell's still here so everything is great".

Thats fair enough Henry, but in regards to the points you have raised, we still dont know the full facts.

The money being transfered into the club...whos is it? wheres it coming from?

The wages and late payments to HMRC, was that when Cash is rumoured to have pulled out and these were simply missed on the 'transition' period?

The tribunials and suing is something we are likely to ever know the full facts on.

Like you say, we shouldnt be ignoring nor slitting wrists, but any thread in regards to transfer rumours or CP's future always seems to be csat with a dark cloud of 'Well dont expect anything good because we've got no money'....and sometimes its puts a downer on things before they've even begun.

I dont know the history behind PaulFox and your argument with him.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Paulfox...just learn to accept negativity, it won't hurt or upset you unless you let it. I have at least 5 stalkers on various forums that look for my posts just to take the piss...why I don't know, as most know I will never bite. Take time to retreat into your own world of positivity and goodwill, and you will no longer feel the need to get out of your tree.

ps. My tree is a very beautiful Magnolia.

pps. I'm weird.
  • Options

Like you say, we shouldnt be ignoring nor slitting wrists, but any thread in regards to transfer rumours or CP's future always seems to be csat with a dark cloud of 'Well dont expect anything good because we've got no money'....and sometimes its puts a downer on things before they've even begun.
    This.

Quite often this sort of reaction causes the "areas of concern" to be twice as bad as what they actually are. When people don't know facts, then they speculate the worst case scenarios first and work backwards it seems.
  • Options
    There's a good argument for CL to have it's own summer break for a couple of weeks.
    Then we can all come back eager and refreshed and the usual wind up merchant's on here can go cold turkey.