Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• Charlie Austin worth more than D Bent?? They must be thinking about M Bent!

Villa won't want to lose £20million!!
  • They might have to, the way Lambert has forced him out.
  • I can see that happening, Palace desperate for a striker, Villa will let him go for a steal.
  • Palace surely won't pay the wages he'd want
  • he wouldnt go to Palace, he loves Charlton too much!!!
  • Charlie Austin for Darren Bent ? Madness
  • he wouldnt go to Palace, he loves Charlton too much!!!

Keep telling yourself that. It's all about the paycheck!

• Said on another thread I feared this once they got promoted.

Only thing that could prevent it is his wages though.

Think he's on £65k a week-would probably have to halve that for Palace to afford him?
  • edited May 2013
    I will NEVER forgive him if he does this!

(just letting him know where I stand on this issue. I know he often visits the site)
  • Oh, Christ - that is chilling news. Put me right off my lunch.
  • Sponsored links:

• Fulham would be a good shout, Berbatov & Bent up front!
  • Said on another thread I feared this once they got promoted.

Think he's on £65k a week-would probably have to halve that for Palace to afford him?

Yer. that 120m for promotion and 15m for zaha will not go too far.
  • shine166 said:

Said on another thread I feared this once they got promoted.

£120 million that Sky pretty much just plucked out of thin air to promote the match, as they do every year.
  • edited May 2013
    60 million for TV money sponsorship and just being part of the PL. then 60million for parachute payments. complete guess all that though.
  • cafctom said:

shine166 said:

£120 million that Sky pretty much just plucked out of thin air to promote the match, as they do every year.
    This. Wigan been in the Prem for several years. Wonder if they'll be splashing around the hundreds of millions they've saved during that time... Where is Wolves' money? How about Birmingham City's? Or perhaps Blackburn?
  • cafctom said:

shine166 said:

This. Wigan been in the Prem for several years. Wonder if they'll be splashing around the hundreds of millions they've saved during that time... Where is Wolves' money? How about Birmingham City's? Or perhaps Blackburn?
    Blackburn's money is chicken-feed. :-)

• edited May 2013
    Red_Raver said:

He does though, apparently his parents still visit now and then.
  • cafctom said:

shine166 said:

The difference being that because of the new tv deal the bottom sides will now earn in one season what the previous struggling sides picked up in two.
  • cafctom said:

shine166 said:

ok then, how about 50m plus 15 for zaha ? either way the point I was making is they can afford Bents 60k pw if they want him.
  • Reading £40.3m
    QPR £39.6m

Earned last season from tv payments and prize money.
  • Sponsored links:

• Theyve also got a crumbling stadium that requires major work/££££s spent on it. Doubt very much they will be signing £60k a week players,the owners of palace seem too shrewd for that.
  • Anywhere but there, Darren, please....
  • Glovepup said:

Red_Raver said:

He does though, apparently his parents still visit now and then.
    Time will tell I guess. If he is offered 3/4 of his current salary and a starting position at Palace, i don't think his 'love' for Charlton would get in the way.

I hope he doesn't go there and I would like to think he will get a better offer than Palace anyways.
  • cafctom said:

shine166 said:

Zigic earning 50k in the Championship, or is that sky bs too ?
  • and O'Hara was on that at Wolves too
  • shine166 said:

cafctom said:

shine166 said:

Zigic earning 50k in the Championship, or is that sky bs too ?
    And their transfer dealings were crippled by an embargo, so the £100 million wasn't exactly floating around to help them...
  • Think Fulham or West Ham would be good moves for Darren,
  • edited May 2013
    shirty5 said:

Reading £40.3m
    QPR £39.6m

Earned last season from tv payments and prize money.

Yeah... but it's £120m over FIVE years. FIVE.
  • He turned West Ham down and went to Spurs for less money. Hopefully he still has the same morals.
  • Love benty but he will chase the pound note he is a footballer

He owes us nothing and i wouldnt expect him to honestly not think about signing for thevstripey shit just because he played for us for a few seasons