Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Darren Bent

Comments

• Options
    He can do much better than play for a team likely to be headed for relegation next season and who are going to struggle all season.

If he wants a relegation dog fight he can stay at Aston Villa.
  • Options
    Spoke to him on a plane to Dubai last week , he was with Frazier Campbell among others . Said he'd LOVE to come back to Charlton
  • Options

Love benty but he will chase the pound note he is a footballer

He owes us nothing and i wouldnt expect him to honestly not think about signing for thevstripey shit just because he played for us for a few seasons

I don't think morals come into it, it's not as if he's a Steve Brown or Johnny Robinson type figure, with massive links to us. He only played 2 seasons with us, the likes of Humphrey, Mortimer, Williams and played for Palace, and they were with us for far longer.
  • Options
    Shag said:

Spoke to him on a plane to Dubai last week , he was with Frazier Campbell among others . Said he'd LOVE to come back to Charlton

Who ??...Campbell?
    ;)
  • Options

shirty5 said:

Reading £40.3m
    QPR £39.6m

Earned last season from tv payments and prize money.

Yeah... but it's £120m over FIVE years. FIVE.

Is that not with 1season in the top flight and rest as parachute payments ?
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

Reading £40.3m
    QPR £39.6m

Next year the team that finish bottom will earn more than United did this season in tv payments and prize money. So the change is huge.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

shirty5 said:

Reading £40.3m
    QPR £39.6m

Next year the team that finish bottom will earn more than United did this season in tv payments and prize money. So the change is huge.
    And/or wages will go up as agents demand more for the players based on the deal.
  • Options

Rob62 said:

shirty5 said:

Reading £40.3m
    QPR £39.6m

And/or wages will go up as agents demand more for the players based on the deal.
    So maybe nothing changes. The relegated clubs go down with a larger than previous payroll, partly off-set by larger than previous parachute payments??

If not we'll have a situation whereby the relegated teams will continually yo-yo. Then have to ask ourselves is it worth having promotion/relegation? Premiership is becoming a season long relegation lottery if you are one of the also rans - which is about 2/3 of all clubs. Take a look at this seasons table, 12 points between 7th & 8th. The 8th place team (WBA) finished 12 points above Wigan (drop zone).

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Sadly we are going to have yo-yo clubs now. One, or maybe two, seasons with both the new tv deal and FFP and the Prem will be a closed shop. There will be virtually no to get in if you have not been there in the last season or two.

The money is just too much. FFP will bring players wages down so those getting £70m a season will have loads and loads of spending power compared to those getting less than 10% of that in the Championship.
  • Options
    Look on the bright side! I don't think he would save them and getting relegated will probably make him cheaper for us to buy when we swap places with them after next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Everyone says this every time there is an increase, just like the increase the season after we dropped, yet look at the collapse and lack of challenge by the 3 relegated teams this year, also there is something about a team of galvanized players united by an excellent manager, we were big spenders when we came down and it did nothing for us we were down in 2 years... yes the money is big, but its exceptionally dangerous for clubs to develop high wage big and to keep spending after being relegated in an attempt to get back up as we have seen over the years and will continue to see with the challenges clubs face when they get relegated...
  • Options
    Last years relegated teams all had huge legacy debt issues to deal with. Teams in the Prem seem to be wising up now. Norwich have no debt for example, promotion saved their club and they were then sensible on wages. With the huge sums now plus probably a little more financial prudence in the Prem too teams coming down will have vastly improved balance sheets on the whole...sure there may be the odd QPR basket case but most will be Readings or Wigans with little to no debt and massive income compared to other Champ teams. Sadly after the dispicable way Palace wiped their debts (twice) they also now fall in this bracket.
  • Options

Sadly after the dispicable way Palace wiped their debts (twice) they also now fall in this bracket.

Couldn't agree more - there needs to be some mechanism wherby clubs such as Palace and Southampton (and I daresay others - Cardiff?) wiped out debts by going into administration are required by the FA to repay those debts if they get promoted to the Premiership. The FA could insist that the sucessor clubs enter into such a contract with the old club's creditors as a condition of keeping the franchise - and if they don't then the law should be changed.
  • Options
    Newcastle have said this is nonsense haven't they?
  • Options
    Not à big fan of his.
  • Options
    Surely, even after a season on the sidelines, they wouldn't let him go for £6m. A quarter of what they shelled out for him. I know Lambert didn't buy him but Lerner's a frugal businessman for the most part. Can't see that fee being right.
  • Options
    Lambert seems a right nawty geezer

Taking the High ground with benteke (20 Goal a Season man wanted to move to better pastures - plus ca change?) And yet at the Same Time Bent Shows how fragile a Players Position Has been

He Acted like a Child Not Even having Darren on the bench so the wasted asset buck stops with him
  • Options
    Nice one Darren, she's tidy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shit just realised that's Liam ridgewells old missus, they have two kids together. Didnt recognise her with brown hair
  • Options
    both clearly punching
  • Options
    Congratulations!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Sorry. My fault.....on my Xperia and couldn't open link: Saw the headline.
    Apologies.
  • Options
    click that link MOG - top trolling
  • Options
    Brilliant WUM!!!!
  • Options
    Shit, that scared the life out of me!!
  • Options
    And Me.
  • Options
    It's all about the money