Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

JD Wetherspoon to open service station pubs

2»

Comments

• Options

Slightly off subject, but little chefs have been serving beers for a long while, I know there's not many around now days and they are not actually on motorways, but you still find a few around on major A roads.

Also can't you buy beer / wine from Waitrose and MandS motorway shops?

It's last orders for the remaining Little Chefs. The new owners are about to abolish the brand.

• Options
    God, they'll just be turned into Starbucks/Costa clones. Little Chefs are an institution!
  • Options
    boggzy said:

God, they'll just be turned into Starbucks/Costa clones. Little Chefs are an institution!

You're right, Boggzy - Bidders for Little Chef apparently include McDonald's, KFC, and Costa Coffee. Little Chef began with an 11-seater restaurant in Reading in 1958.

• Options
    Hold on a second, adults drive cars don't they. Then an adult should be responsible for not drinking and driving. If we cannot be treated like adults then every pub in the country must close now because the same principle applies whether a pub is on the motorway or 10 miles from it.
  • Options
    Driving back from university the other day the old man & I decided to pull off the motorway for something to eat. Found a half decent looking pub in a town I forget the name off in 5 minutes, stopped of for a pub lunch and a pint of ale, we hopped back in the car and carried on home. 99% of drivers who stop at these places will go there for something to eat, some may decide to have a drink with it, nothing against the law in having one pint if you feel as though you can still drive responsibly. It's hypocritical of us to criticise the government for nannying us and then expect them to abolish the concept of a Motorway Service Station Pub as soon as somebody considers it.
  • Options

Vomit on the forecourt. Delightful.