Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

best pub on an away day?

just wondered what people thought the best pub was as appose to the worst.

my vote is hooters notts

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2013
    The Royal Mail in Leicester alas no longer there.
  • Options
    White Horse Wycombe.

Next question.
  • Options
    The Corner Flag, Hartlepool.
  • Options

White Horse Wycombe.

Next question.

This 100%
  • Options
    That one near Bournemouth's ground.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I f'n missed The White Horse. Didn't know about it the first time, then was away backpacking the second. I think anyone who was in there that night has an amusing story or two to tell.

Instead I'll have to say the one by the station in Carlisle just for last season.
  • Options
    The boozer in Seville was class... 40 degrees, ice cold beer, loads of drunk Welsh people to laugh at, your own private Robocop protection force, ham sarnies, free crisps, free wifi and 5 minute walk from the ground.

Over here, it's the White Horse !!
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

White Horse Wycombe.

Next question.

This 100%
    This.
  • Options
    OK - I get that the white Horse had strippers but surely most away days have a pub like that. What made it SO special?
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

OK - I get that the white Horse had strippers but surely most away days have a pub like that. What made it SO special?

Presumably you don't do many aways. The only other one I know of was The Forresters in Southend.
    RIP The Forresters :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

MrOneLung said:

Presumably you don't do many aways. The only other one I know of was The Forresters in Southend.
    RIP The Forresters :-)
    still open. Or it was about a month ago when i was last down the sea front for a few beers.
  • Options
    I thought that it was now a pub full of families instead of laydees ?
    Are those nice laydees still there, you know the ones that go round collecting ? :-)
  • Options

The Royal Mail in Leicester alas no longer there.

Or your other favourite - The Brunswick - Derby

• Options

I thought that it was now a pub full of families instead of laydees ?
    Are those nice laydees still there, you know the ones that go round collecting ? :-)

No families in there still just the normal entertainment.
  • Options
    Brunswick close, but Hogans in Darlington is the stuff of legend.
  • Options
    whats so good about hogans heard it spoke about a lot?
  • Options

whats so good about hogans heard it spoke about a lot?

Very cheap apparently.
  • Options
    The Rose of Denmark at the bottom of East Ham High Street was very good to us when we played over there. Real pub with decent regulars who welcomed us in and were always up for a bit of genuine banter.
  • Options
    The smugglers' cove on the beach by Roker Park, was a great pub when the sun was out.
  • Options

The smugglers' cove on the beach by Roker Park, was a great pub when the sun was out.

Not so great when the tide was coming in.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Norwich boozer by the canal.
  • Options
    The one in chesterfield the barley mo

Now that had the best ever set of bar maids i have seen in my life all 30-40 somethings and as fit as fook

Every single male CAFC fan there that night said the same thing

• Options
    What about the punch and judy outside liverpool lime street stations had a few memorable drink ups in there prem years
  • Options
    Along with the Brunswick ,Smuggles if that is the one in the cliff face.The Glue Pot in Swindon once went thru all the taps in one evening and the one by the railway station in Cleethorpes.
  • Options
    The pub by Rochdale station and then The Cathedral by the ground. Got to be the friendliest and cheapest place for a visiting fan to go to.

Agree with Lewis on the Glue Pot, do also love the boozers in Mathew Street Liverpool after a night match.
  • Options
    For those who don't already know, Blue Bar inside the Sir Robert Peel Pub at Wimbledon apparently offers a similar environment to The White Horse. That could well be the highlight of preseason and beyond.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

For those who don't already know, Blue Bar inside the Sir Robert Peel Pub at Wimbledon apparently offers a similar environment to The White Horse. That could well be the highlight of preseason and beyond.

Not Wimbledon - 160 Cambridge Road, Kingston. "Pound in the pot" in the bar at the back. Apparently.

• Options
    SE10 said:

One of the first games of the season 3/4 years back. Was in there by 10, not a cloud in the sky, sitting by the canal, brilliant day out.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

SE10 said:

One of the first games of the season 3/4 years back. Was in there by 10, not a cloud in the sky, sitting by the canal, brilliant day out.
    Great shout that - the Compleat Angler isn't it?
  • Options
    The punch and judi is quality the chinese chippy next door not so good

The raveneli lookie like was great and the fact that those loveable scousers turn up with carrier bags of stuff for a tenner meant i never ran out of razors until 2 years ago