Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Death Threads

2»

Comments

• Options
    Fcuk me - it's gonna be a long summer.
  • Options

Agree to a point but best not to view if they piss you off...it's not like you can open them by accident.

Actually, you can open alot of them by accident, when the subject heading is just the person's name, then you find out they've passed on because the first post just reads RIP

• Options
    razil said:

what next banning fence posts...

see what I did there?

That would be offensive.

See what I did there ;-)

• Options
    What about a good riddance thread? Ok, I do realize that I'll probably be on it at some time but it would be fun.
  • Options

I read it at first as Death Threats !

I did that as well

• Options
    eldavide said:

Agree to a point but best not to view if they piss you off...it's not like you can open them by accident.

Actually, you can open alot of them by accident, when the subject heading is just the person's name, then you find out they've passed on because the first post just reads RIP

Agree. I open some thinking it's new signing and it's up being some obscure Blues singer who no one on here has ever heard of. Some people must trawl the obituaries to try and make themselves seem cool. Then you get the comments. "Without him there'd never been The Beatles/Stones/Who/Steps"
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Don't think they would be too much of a problem if certain trolls didn't get on their high horses in those threads and act like absolute prats.

In agreement with the above. Have had a couple of choice words with 2 regular lifers over making inappropriate comments on RIP threads.

• Options
    edited June 2013

• Options
    Riviera said:

eldavide said:

Agree. I open some thinking it's new signing and it's up being some obscure Blues singer who no one on here has ever heard of. Some people must trawl the obituaries to try and make themselves seem cool. Then you get the comments. "Without him there'd never been The Beatles/Stones/Who/Steps"

I think you put that so much better than me. Some of the names are straight out of the Fast Show

• Options

Riviera said:

eldavide said:

I think you put that so much better than me. Some of the names are straight out of the Fast Show

I hadn't realised Swiss Tony is dead. RIP.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'm pro-death myself. I won't pretend I know who everyone is, but sometimes that in itself can be an education. I think it shows what a diverse bunch we are. For me Storm Thorgerson and Nosher Powell were important threads, but I recognise that others may not know or care who they were. On the other hand I had no idea who Jeff Hanneman was, but he was clearly important to others. I disagree that all of these people should be lumped onto a single thread. I do agree though that strings of "RIP" are a bit odd.
  • Options
    I'm with @Stig. We can moderate as appropriate, but at the end of the day (see what I did there?) don't comment on threads you don't have an interest in and they may just fall away. Simples.
  • Options
    How can anyone get offended about something non offensive? eg; A thread about someone who died that you have no knowledge of.
  • Options

What about a good riddance thread?

Hahaha why stop there? A `I Wish They Were Dead' thread would really sort the men from the boys. I'd start with that fat bloke from the `Go Compare' adverts. He's acting all apologetic in the latest ones....well it's too late lard-arse, you're on the list!!
  • Options

What about a good riddance thread?

Hahaha why stop there? A `I Wish They Were Dead' thread would really sort the men from the boys. I'd start with that fat bloke from the `Go Compare' adverts. He's acting all apologetic in the latest ones....well it's too late lard-arse, you're on the list!!
    May I add any twelve bar blues musicians (sorry Henry, you are probably good mates with Blind Lemon Pie)

• Options
    Riviera said:

eldavide said:

I think ,particularly this summer, that if the thread's about a new signing it'll have at least 300 more comments in ten minutes than one about an obscure blues singer.

Can't say I much like the idea of one big RIP thread - there's something even more depressing about the thought of checking into a thread once every day or two to see if anyone I've heard of has died today, rather than just clicking on the occasional name I've heard of.
  • Options
    Mr. Happy said:
    I think ,particularly this summer, that if the thread's about a new signing it'll have at least 300 more comments in ten minutes than one about an obscure blues singer. Can't say I much like the idea of one big RIP thread - there's something even more depressing about the thought of checking into a thread once every day or two to see if anyone I've heard of has died today, rather than just clicking on the occasional name I've heard of.
    When you get to my age you'd be opening it to check you're not in it!
  • Options
    Very good @Chizz