Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

big rob help needed

Comments

• Options

had loads of the in my garden in new eltham, will keep an eye open in the new place for them mate.

Best to keep eyes shut actually.

???
  • Options
    Serious nla. You need to piss in a jug or other container and then sprinkle this urine liberally around your garden. On fences, posts etc. it will work.
  • Options
    Will do that SHG ta mate
  • Options
    morning piss is most pungent nla after a good session!
  • Options
    4 of us stayed in Exeter for a Friday night friendly years ago. On the Saturday morning, after a pretty heavy Friday night, we were in our pits dying. There was a wood pigeon outside the window that had been making a hell of a noise for ages. The silence in the room was broken by the dulcet tones of Lee Grain with "I wish that f*cking owl would shut up"
  • Options

4 of us stayed in Exeter for a Friday night friendly years ago. On the Saturday morning, after a pretty heavy Friday night, we were in our pits dying. There was a wood pigeon outside the window that had been making a hell of a noise for ages. The silence in the room was broken by the dulcet tones of Lee Grain with "I wish that f*cking owl would shut up"

HaHa! Pissed myself at that
  • Options

had loads of the in my garden in new eltham, will keep an eye open in the new place for them mate.

Nice one mate, can take em out from my bedroom/bar!
  • Options
    BIG_ROB said:

whilst plaing pool on the new 6 foot table we've ordered
  • Options

BIG_ROB said:

whilst plaing pool on the new 6 foot table we've ordered
    Cushty
  • Options
    I'd just like to say I got one on Sunday morning, I was up at 7 for a run and saw the cutie wootie was in my garden. He is no more, took three shots mind.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sadly if you kill one another one will soon replace it. That's how their 'territories' work.

Catching them is a risk because to do so you have to leave out their favourite food (tends to be raw chicken) and that will ensure that every fox in the area will pop in to see what's on offer and if you pack up the traps before they are all gone you have created a new problem.

As for shooting them, not only do the Police take a dim view of letting off firearms in residential areas, if you shoot one and not kill it you'd have the animal cruelty nutters all over you like a cheap coat!
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Sadly if you kill one another one will soon replace it. That's how their 'territories' work.

Catching them is a risk because to do so you have to leave out their favourite food (tends to be raw chicken) and that will ensure that every fox in the area will pop in to see what's on offer and if you pack up the traps before they are all gone you have created a new problem.

As for shooting them, not only do the Police take a dim view of letting off firearms in residential areas, if you shoot one and not kill it you'd have the animal cruelty nutters all over you like a cheap coat!

Of coarse, I would never shoot in a residential area. The only times I have done is on feral pigeons with an air rifle (Including in the grounds of the Foreign Office) and do so you need to go to the local plod to tell them the address if where you'll be and what times you'll be there, they then issue you with a number should anyone report you.
    Re. Injured animals, nobody can deny that this happens, but if you're a responsible shooter, you take precautions every time you go out, like zeroing your rifle etc and when taking shots, making sure you have a good clear shot of the vital organs/head.
    All of the above is basic stuff every shoot should know.
  • Options

Why are people who condemn animal cruelty "nutters"? Do you think it is acceptable to leave an animal in agony with body parts blown away? Very sad if you do IMO.
  • Options

Why are people who condemn animal cruelty "nutters"? Do you think it is acceptable to leave an animal in agony with body parts blown away? Very sad if you do IMO.
    Because anyone who thinks that shooting animals is about inflicting suffering and blowing body parts away is a nutter imo
  • Options
    But that's not what I said at all Big Rob. I have nothing against the humane culling of animals where necessary. I was responding to this line:

"if you shoot one and not kill it you'd have the animal cruelty nutters all over you like a cheap coat!"

Which labels people who care about animals being dispatched cruelly and inhumanely as "nutters". I object to being labelled as a nutter because I believe that animals shouldn't have to suffer in the process of being killed. I also don't like the notion of people having fun in taking away life as has been portrayed in this thread, but accept that many do derive pleasure in doing so.
  • Options
    Queensland, I was referring to the 'nutters' that also happen to be against animal cruelty. I wasn't suggesting that all those that are against animal cruelty (in which I include myself) are nutters.

It's not very different from suggesting that many of us are disappointed with the way the worlds wealth is distributed, but only the 'nutters' think that the answer is to smash up McDonald's restaurants and and fight with the Police.

If one's intention is to kill and, for what ever reason, a hit doesn't result in an inhumane death many would consider this to be an act of fate, rather than a deliberate act of violence - especially if that's what it was. However, due to the 'excessive enthusiasm' of some members of these organisations, this act of fate could result in all sorts of unpleasant repercussions. My comment was aimed at pointing out that sometimes it's not worth getting involved in these things, and it's better to allow a fox to kill some of your chickens from time to time than it is to run the risk of a being targeted as someone that sets out to shoot and not kill foxes.

Some of these 'nutters' would not sanction killing a fox that had attacked a child. I've seen them interviewed on the tele, declaring that the foxes lived there before the houses were build and the family of the child, with horrendous scars for life, can't complain as foxes only attack in self defense.

For the record, I take no pleasure in killing anything, or watching anyone else do so!
  • Options

Queensland, I was referring to the 'nutters' that also happen to be against animal cruelty. I wasn't suggesting that all those that are against animal cruelty (in which I include myself) are nutters.

It's not very different from suggesting that many of us are disappointed with the way the worlds wealth is distributed, but only the 'nutters' think that the answer is to smash up McDonald's restaurants and and fight with the Police.

If one's intention is to kill and, for what ever reason, a hit doesn't result in an inhumane death many would consider this to be an act of fate, rather than a deliberate act of violence - especially if that's what it was. However, due to the 'excessive enthusiasm' of some members of these organisations, this act of fate could result in all sorts of unpleasant repercussions. My comment was aimed at pointing out that sometimes it's not worth getting involved in these things, and it's better to allow a fox to kill some of your chickens from time to time than it is to run the risk of a being targeted as someone that sets out to shoot and not kill foxes.

Some of these 'nutters' would not sanction killing a fox that had attacked a child. I've seen them interviewed on the tele, declaring that the foxes lived there before the houses were build and the family of the child, with horrendous scars for life, can't complain as foxes only attack in self defense.

For the record, I take no pleasure in killing anything, or watching anyone else do so!

OK Kings, thanks for taking the time to clarify your position. I think I must be getting old in finding myself becoming increasingly protective of all forms of life, it is after all THE most precious thing, human or animal.
  • Options
    do any countries eat foxes?
  • Options

yeah Australia believe it or not! Dunmows burgers in Gravesham had it in a few years back if you want some Dave pal
  • Options

But that's not what I said at all Big Rob. I have nothing against the humane culling of animals where necessary. I was responding to this line:

"if you shoot one and not kill it you'd have the animal cruelty nutters all over you like a cheap coat!"

Which labels people who care about animals being dispatched cruelly and inhumanely as "nutters". I object to being labelled as a nutter because I believe that animals shouldn't have to suffer in the process of being killed. I also don't like the notion of people having fun in taking away life as has been portrayed in this thread, but accept that many do derive pleasure in doing so.

I never said you did say that, I just said that antis who do think that are nutters....

; )
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

The trouble with foxes is that they are not behaving naturally at all, their behaviour has changed considerably because of human activity. In this case both food litter and night lights are changing their behaviour and putting other wild life at risk let alone chickens. In one case recently I heard that a baby had been attacked and I also remember a case a few years back.

Food litter is one way the urban population of foxes are living in far greater densities than would 'normally' be the case (I think perhaps this is normal now but, how long this normality lasts who knows). Where I live this urban population exists alongside a nature reserve where the Environmental agency are trying to encourage the breading of wild fowl and other species some quite rare. The urban lifestyle and increased density therefore increases the pressure on wild habitats and sometimes endangered species where the habitats overlap.

I can tell you that both myself and my neighbour have had foxes in our houses and she with a young family (at the time a babe in arms). This behaviour is something that only a few years ago would have been unknown, it is still rare but nonetheless a fact and I would guess increasing.

I don't take pleasure in killing animals but I am not in a position, owning only an air riffle to dispatch them in one shot and therefore as cleanly as I would like. I can only kill when I can be sure that they cant escape, mostly I shoot at something noisy near to them to scare them off. Sometimes I can glance a shot off of another object, this reduces the velocity enough to stop the pellet penetrating and will just give them a shock (maybe a bruise). In this case I had a chance to take a shot that disabled it, it's the second one I have taken in this way. Once disabled it was finished as soon as I could, no killing is without pain or damage. This father would have had a litter and their chances of survival are now very much diminished, however there are plenty of other animals that will now live because of my action, and the crows will have a good meal.

There is no ying without yang or versa visa.

We created the environment they live in and therefore this situation, another fox will soon take over his territory. Perhaps if the nutters that leave the lights on and litter all over the place would change their behaviour foxy would not have been in my garden in the first place. :P

• Options
    So tell me more about this urine trick? The foxes at the back of the garden mainly in next doors overgrowth ( i was just looking at 2 wandering across) keep screeching and setting the dog off. Three times I had to go down last night as he won't stop barking till someone appears. This is happening more and more. I want to get a full nights sleep.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

So tell me more about this urine trick? The foxes at the back of the garden mainly in next doors overgrowth ( i was just looking at 2 wandering across) keep screeching and setting the dog off. Three times I had to go down last night as he won't stop barking till someone appears. This is happening more and more. I want to get a full nights sleep.

Tbh B, it only works if you have the odd fox that visits, if you have a whole family dug in, a bit of piss won't do a lot. The thing with Shooters Hill and surrounding areas is that the fox problem is massive and until the council look into it seriously it will get a lot worse....
  • Options
    Really? I think a whole family are living at the back there. Im used to the screeching but looks like we might have to move the dog elsewhere during the night. Still ill send ian out there with a full carton to give it a try. He already told me in the middle of the night he had just directed a pee out the bathroom window, or maybe I imagined that in my sleep depravation.
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

He already told me in the middle of the night he had just directed a pee out the bathroom window, or maybe I imagined that in my sleep depravation.

That's just wishful thinking on his behalf B
  • Options
    I know this sounds silly but I've got friends that always pee into a watering can and then put it around the borders f their garden.

Apparently it only works with men's pee. Probably because women's smells like roses - or so they say!
  • Options

I know this sounds silly but I've got friends that always pee into a watering can and then put it around the borders f their garden.

Apparently it only works with men's pee. Probably because women's smells like roses - or so they say!

Same as the compost
  • Options
    We too are having problems with the feckers. Area is inundated with them and we think we know why, our neighbour.

We live next door to pet cemetery, there are at least 5 animals buried in her back garden. She takes in all the waifs and strays. Current count is 5 dogs, three cats and god knows what else is in her house.

We believe that the foxes are using her garage as their home, she's blocked it off from the dogs and she has told us, when she was speaking to us, that she feeds them.

Some weeks ago we had a weird note through the door from her, talking about male urine, burying paper soaked in vinegar and that the neighbourhood was wrong in blaming her.

We came home on the bank holiday from a visit to find her in our back garden, burying paper by the fence. The Mrs went mental, screaming at her to get out of our garden. I calmly spoke to her. It's obvious she has some form of mental health problem as she is fixated on the foxes and what the neighbourhood is saying about her.

Relations have further deteriorated with her screaming at my Missus in the street, accusing her of all sorts.

So not only do we have a fox problem, we have a neighbour problem.
  • Options
    I caught one a pearler with a rock last night i did the piss bit it didnt work

I am going to follow the feckas find the warren and get rid of the lot
  • Options
    Considering we've got ducks in our garden, we hardly ever get them. I know they're about though as I've seen the feckas in the fields behind us.