Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrews Sign Up For Second Year Sponsorship

Comments

• Options
    this is good news ... Well done Andrews
  • Options

Riviera said:

I didn't realise they were now linked in with Sykes? I remember their brown glass building on Woolwich Road, very futuristic looking it was in the 70's. My mates Dad worked for Sykes for a long time, did a lot of stuff in Saudi I seem to remember. Can't imagine what they needed pumps for out there with all that sand?

Oil??
    How do you get water to the top of sky scrappers?
    What is a sky scrapper?

Someone who likes a punch up on a plane!
    Ha! Not to be confused with a sky craper.
  • Options

Riviera said:

I didn't realise they were now linked in with Sykes? I remember their brown glass building on Woolwich Road, very futuristic looking it was in the 70's. My mates Dad worked for Sykes for a long time, did a lot of stuff in Saudi I seem to remember. Can't imagine what they needed pumps for out there with all that sand?

Oil??
    How do you get water to the top of sky scrappers?
    What is a sky scrapper?

Someone who cancels their Sky TV contract?
  • Options
    Anyone got the content from the article they can copy and paste here? The link won't work.
  • Options
    People seem a bit more realistic and less concerned over our "embarrassing image" this time around. Which is good.

Maybe we are all growing up?
  • Options

People seem a bit more realistic and less concerned over our "embarrassing image" this time around. Which is good.

Until next week when the kit is launched........
  • Options

Not condescending at all, that.
  • Options

Until next week when the kit is launched........
    Can I just say, I hate the new kit.
  • Options
    cafctom said:

Whatever Tom.

Go back and read some of the comments that were made when the deal was announced last year and you'll understand where it's coming from but ultimately I'm saying that (so far) the deal is going down much better and maybe those posters who spat their dummy out because it was only a local company selling air conditioning have now accepted that a) there are plenty worse alternatives out there and b) we are where we are and are not going to attract a huge multinational.

That okay with you?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Yes, maybe they have realized both. But talking down on those opinions as people who needed to "grow up"....hmm, OK oh wise one.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Whatever Tom.

Go back and read some of the comments that were made when the deal was announced last year and you'll understand where it's coming from but ultimately I'm saying that (so far) the deal is going down much better and maybe those posters who spat their dummy out because it was only a local company selling air conditioning have now accepted that a) there are plenty worse alternatives out there and b) we are where we are and are not going to attract a huge multinational.

That okay with you?
    Yes, maybe they have realized both. But talking down on those opinions as people who needed to "grow up"....hmm, OK oh wise one.
    FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT!
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Whatever Tom.

That okay with you?
    My dad's harder than your dad!!
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Whatever Tom.

That okay with you?
    urrgh!!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I didn't like the logo last year as I think it looks a bit naff. I have got used to it now but it doesn't mean I like it any more.

I would rather be sponsored by a local business and have nothing against air conditioning, although if the weather in this country doesn't improve there will not be much money in it, but I do think our shirts look 'tacky' with their logo blazoned over the front of them.

Maybe I'm immature, maybe I'm unrealistic, but in an ideal world we wouldn't have "Andrews Air Conditioning" and a logo that I would make my nine year old do again if it was a homework task, as it looks like a serious lack of effort, on the shirt that we all associate with our club, and many of us buy and wear.

If I have failed to grow up enough then so be it. I accept how this works, but for me, sometimes, taste and class are more important than money.
  • Options

cafctom said:

cafctom said:

Whatever Tom.

That okay with you?
    Take it to the sky scapper lads.
  • Options
  • Options
    I attended every home game last season and if you hadn't told me, I wouldn't have a clue what was on the shirts. Maybe I subconsciously ignore all advertising - or perhaps I'm just unobservant. But my mind was elsewhere, concentrating on the matches themselves.
  • Options
    My old man worked for Sykes at Charlton for years.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Again this year I will not be purchasing any shirts etc with the sponsors logo on, well I do own a much better refrigeration and air conditioning company, so you can't expect me to advertise my opposition, can you? Plus they never invited me to any function last year either, after dropping many hints to their sale personnel.
  • Options

Again this year I will not be purchasing any shirts etc with the sponsors logo on, well I do own a much better refrigeration and air conditioning company, so you can't expect me to advertise my opposition, can you?

Didn’t fancy sponsoring the team yourself then?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Again this year I will not be purchasing any shirts etc with the sponsors logo on, well I do own a much better refrigeration and air conditioning company, so you can't expect me to advertise my opposition, can you? Plus they never invited me to any function last year either, after dropping many hints to their sale personnel.

Is your company larger or smaller than Andrews Sykes?
  • Options
    Ex-colleague of mine is actually nephew of one of the directors. All south east London based and though not all Charlton fans, they all take an interest in the club on that basis that it is a local team.

One of the few times I ventured into the Rose of Denmark was before the Palace game last season, where a few lads that were Andrews Sykes employees had been given some tickets to the game. Turns out they were all Millwall supporters planning on cheering us on, simply because they despise Nigels. All good in my books!
  • Options

Again this year I will not be purchasing any shirts etc with the sponsors logo on, well I do own a much better refrigeration and air conditioning company, so you can't expect me to advertise my opposition, can you?

Didn’t fancy sponsoring the team yourself then?
    No see also answer below
  • Options

Unfortunately a lot smaller on the AC side, Andrews make most of there money in hiring equipment both heating and cooling + pumps etc. my company is a very poor relation, but we are larger on the fridge side, mainly because they are intelligent and don't do it, we are a good old fashioned maintenance / contracting company.

To be fair and to take my tongue out of my cheek, they are a well run company with some great owners (bloody hell if I don't get an invite to there box now I really will be annoyed :-)) who are much to there West Midlands branch great annoyance are true Charlton fans. It nice to see our Cinderella industry getting some publicity.
  • Options
    Can only imagine (hope) the reason this announcement has taken so long is because we were haggling, meaning the deal might be worth more than last year.

There's also a chance we received other offers and asked Andrews to match it.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Can only imagine (hope) the reason this announcement has taken so long is because we were haggling, meaning the deal might be worth more than last year.

There's also a chance we received other offers and asked Andrews to match it.

or we had no offers or no offers anywhere near what Andrews were paying so went back to them and they haggled the deal down.

People can take whichever version suits.
  • Options
    You'd hope we renegotiated to get a bit more cash out of them as we are now (hopefully) an established Championship side. Either way, you can't knock any money coming into the club.
  • Options

You'd hope we renegotiated to get a bit more cash out of them as we are now (hopefully) an established Championship side. Either way, you can't knock any money coming into the club.

That it's June and we didn't have a sponsor announced until today suggests that Andrews had the best hand in that particular hand of poker.

Still, money is money so all good.
  • Options
    Its a sign of consistancy and values towards a partnership with a local business and a local business of cafc fans at the helm

If it is good for both parties its good enough for me

Personally i prefer my footie tops with no sponsors

• Options

Unfortunately a lot smaller on the AC side, Andrews make most of there money in hiring equipment both heating and cooling + pumps etc. my company is a very poor relation, but we are larger on the fridge side, mainly because they are intelligent and don't do it, we are a good old fashioned maintenance / contracting company.

To be fair and to take my tongue out of my cheek, they are a well run company with some great owners (bloody hell if I don't get an invite to there box now I really will be annoyed :-)) who are much to there West Midlands branch great annoyance are true Charlton fans. It nice to see our Cinderella industry getting some publicity.
    Good luck to you, I hope your company continues to grow.