Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andrews Sign Up For Second Year Sponsorship

124»

Comments

• Options
    A very good gesture by Millwall.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Fair play to Millwall, you've got to give them immense credit for that.

Obviously an attempt by the owners/board to try and repair some of their bad/damaged reputation.
    Yep. A complete empty gesture by the board to try & score some good publicity in the short term. Nothing at all to do with a former player & current board member suffering from male cancers and our recent work with Prostate Cancer UK. & we didn't turn down a sponsorship deal from QuickQuid that was 3 times more than what we received last year either.

A fantastic decision by the club, one that many families have been seriously affected by and a cause that needs much greater awareness.

Pity no other companies, bar dubious lenders, wanted to sponsor the shirts.

Good pr though, more of the richer clubs should adopt this policy.

Were you part of the commercial negotiations then? Believe there were two others wishing to sponsor, one that we've had previously.

• Options

Again this year I will not be purchasing any shirts etc with the sponsors logo on, well I do own a much better refrigeration and air conditioning company, so you can't expect me to advertise my opposition, can you? Plus they never invited me to any function last year either, after dropping many hints to their sale personnel.

Is your company larger or smaller than Andrews Sykes?
    Unfortunately a lot smaller on the AC side, Andrews make most of there money in hiring equipment both heating and cooling + pumps etc. my company is a very poor relation, but we are larger on the fridge side, mainly because they are intelligent and don't do it, we are a good old fashioned maintenance / contracting company.

To be fair and to take my tongue out of my cheek, they are a well run company with some great owners (bloody hell if I don't get an invite to there box now I really will be annoyed :-)) who are much to there West Midlands branch great annoyance are true Charlton fans. It nice to see our Cinderella industry getting some publicity.
    Why does it annoy their West Midlands branch? Did they want a different club to be sponsored?
    Interviewed the MD and marketing Director for the next issue of Trust news.
    The MD is a fan of CAFC, and yes they do have there main base in the Midlands, but have had a connection with Charlton as an area for years.
    They are very supportive of CAFC as a 'brand', which sounds very corporate, but they like the way the club is part of the community, and the way the club works such as the community trust.
    Important as it is to have there name on the shirt, they maintain they will be a business partner of CAFC for the future. ( finances allowing)
    You can read this and more about the deal in the next issue of trust news. Personally I am glad we have a sponsor that is not just handing over a cheque for the tv exposure,
    and then pulls out or goes bust ( remember them) or a dubious betting syndicate, but some will just say show me the money.
    Both sides see this as a long term arrangement.
    Cheers. Seems a bit far fetched for a refrigeration company though! Good to see that we got one over on Wolves.

Very classy move by millwall.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Obviously an attempt by the owners/board to try and repair some of their bad/damaged reputation.
    Yep. A complete empty gesture by the board to try & score some good publicity in the short term. Nothing at all to do with a former player & current board member suffering from male cancers and our recent work with Prostate Cancer UK. & we didn't turn down a sponsorship deal from QuickQuid that was 3 times more than what we received last year either.

A fantastic decision by the club, one that many families have been seriously affected by and a cause that needs much greater awareness.

I agree that it is a fantastic gesture by the owner of Millwall to promote a very worthwhile cause but the cynic in me thinks that if the owner wasn't minted and the club were desperate for the cash it would more than likely be QuickQuid on the front of the shirts and the cancer charity wouldn't have got a look in.

As somebody who has numerous family members (including my wife) who has suffered from cancer it would be great if some of the richer, high profile clubs adopted this policy for these causes.
  • Options
    We're pretty quick to condemn them when they get it wrong. I think we should give them credit when they do something right. Well done Millwall
  • Options
    Millwall taking no money from sponsorship and advertising a Cancer charity. The handing over money and fundraising to save Lewisham hospital and a group of fans hand over a very significant amount to the Rigby family?

Has the world turned upside down?

Well done to them.
  • Options

We're pretty quick to condemn them when they get it wrong. I think we should give them credit when they do something right. Well done Millwall

Difficult to disagree with that...
    Curb_It said:

Millwall taking no money from sponsorship and advertising a Cancer charity. The handing over money and fundraising to save Lewisham hospital and a group of fans hand over a very significant amount to the Rigby family?

Well done to them.

...or that.

Fair play to our spanner chucking friends.
  • Options

DA9 said:

Were you part of the commercial negotiations then? Believe there were two others wishing to sponsor, one that we've had previously.

Oh right, who were they?
  • Options

This
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

Well done to them.

Indeed, we should be following their example.

WTF?!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Great gesture from Millwall after their great efforts with Lewisham hospital as well
  • Options
    I hate the fact i will be saying welldone to them and the words do stick in my throat but

Welldone MFC and their fans
  • Options
    Well done indeed but don't forget Charlton Life alone has raised over £50k, we have the biggest community trust in the country, CACT run greenwich's youth service and we are community club of the year.

Taking nothing away from Millwall and they have community scheme too so well done everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    how much do a championship get for shirt sponsorship someone was saying that millwall have turned down around 200,000 that does seem on the big side surely
  • Options
    5 figures
  • Options
    nolly said:

how much do a championship get for shirt sponsorship someone was saying that millwall have turned down around 200,000 that does seem on the big side surely

Think the figures bandied about were £150-250K from QuickQuid, guess it was £50-125k from others.

• Options
    Great gesture by a magnificent club. And when we beat them at the Valley in Sept their travelling fans will want to shake hands and congratulate us all. Ok, it is a bit far fetched as we never beat the Wall....
  • Options
    Fair play to them. A great cause to promote and raise awareness about. I know, from the Lewisham A&E support & the Jimmy Mizen/Robbie Knox campaigns that they are doing some very good work. Credit where it is due.
  • Options
    quite big then fair play
  • Options
    Well done them, great gesture.

Would be great to see clubs in the Prem do this as a matter of course.

£60M for finishing bottom and yet they drip every last penny out of their shirt sponsor and have betting companies, short term loan companies et al sponsoring them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Curb_It said:

Well done to them.

This...
  • Options
    Andrews were doing a bit of advertising this morning outside charing x!
  • Options
    Yes i got one of those fans at charing x this morning.
  • Options
    not sure about their slogan:

"only a dick or a call away".

might get different punters interested though.
  • Options
    Macronate said:

not sure about their slogan:

"only a dick or a call away".

might get different punters interested though.

Ha ha! Lady Windermere's Fanny.