Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Glenn Hoddle - What is wrong with our game

Comments

• Options
    Hoddle is 1 of the best coaches in the world who gives a shite about his beliefs how the fa discarded him is unbelievable ok he made a mistake but who in their life doesnt the man should be given a chance to get back in the england set up because our football is totally shocking at the moment and it aint going to get any better unless someone at the fa takes their head out of their arse and puts the right peopla in charge.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    boogica said:

Hoddle is 1 of the best coaches in the world who gives a shite about his beliefs how the fa discarded him is unbelievable ok he made a mistake but who in their life doesnt the man should be given a chance to get back in the england set up because our football is totally shocking at the moment and it aint going to get any better unless someone at the fa takes their head out of their arse and puts the right peopla in charge.

This!

If the rumours are true that Southgate is the FA's choice to succeed Pearce it just goes to how how out of touch and clueless the governing body are!

Southgate.....f*cks sake!!!
  • Options
    If you think the England team is poor now, you should have been around in the 70s...
  • Options
    Hoddle is one of the best coaches in the World?

I need to go and have a Lie down.
  • Options

So does Hoddle........even he wouldn't out himself in the top 1,000 in the UK.

• Options
    It's a lot easier being a pundit and pointing out what is wrong with the English game after England got beat by Norway. It's a different thing being able to put it right. My guess is, if England had won that game 3-0 he wouldn't have been saying what's wrong at all.
  • Options
    Funny how everyone blames the premier league for any current problems , saying it's formation has meant a massive increase in the amount of foreign players meaning our own players are not playing enough top class football and progressing yet we didn't qualify for the world cup finals between 62 and 82 and our teams were full of English players then.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

Funny how everyone blames the premier league for any current problems , saying it's formation has meant a massive increase in the amount of foreign players meaning our own players are not playing enough top class football and progressing yet we didn't qualify for the world cup finals between 62 and 82 and our teams were full of English players then.

Good point. Surely the influx of foreign players is just one of the reasons why the national team falls short. Another reason: neglect of technical skills that should be instilled at a young age, while other countries have paid careful attention to this.

• Options
    buckshee said:

Kind of my point about the seventies, Buckshee. I thought about using the "20 years without qualifying" line, but didn't have the brass neck to include one England won, and one where we were a dodgy burrito away from the semi-final... :-D
  • Options
    The FA are more interested in getting somebody in who isn't going to rock the boat. What we need is a total overhaul of the England model. The Spanish and German blueprint is the most successful one. Let us find out what they do at grassroots level and Taylor it to our own football. This is not a quick fix and will take many years. I would bring in somebody like Frank Arnesen to oversee the growth and resurgence of English football throughout the age ranges. Let him appoint the coaches at the relevant age groups. With the amount of football that is played in this country it is alarming how poor. We are in major competitions.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    dickplumb said:

The FA are more interested in getting somebody in who isn't going to rock the boat. What we need is a total overhaul of the England model. The Spanish and German blueprint is the most successful one. Let us find out what they do at grassroots level and Taylor it to our own football. This is not a quick fix and will take many years. I would bring in somebody like Frank Arnesen to oversee the growth and resurgence of English football throughout the age ranges. Let him appoint the coaches at the relevant age groups. With the amount of football that is played in this country it is alarming how poor. We are in major competitions.

Agreed. The French model was also successful during our time in the wilderness.

• Options
    The French didn't qualify for a World Cup from 86 until 06 remember.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Ask the players who played for him.ie ian wright reckons he is superb anyway who are u yes go and av a lie down u twat.
  • Options

So does Hoddle........even he wouldn't out himself in the top 1,000 in the UK.

Oh yes he would.
  • Options
    buckshee said:

The setting up of the Clairefontaine national academy helped France to win the World Cup in 1998 and reach the final in 2006, and to win the Euros in 1984 and 2000 - a much better record than England over that period.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    Hoddle got sacked because of his beliefs wot a load of dog. the man knows football and was also 1 of the best players this country has produced just like tiss , tony currie , stan bowles ,etc so many more its the regime that is shit ie brooking ,southgate for sake who honestly thinks hodgson is the right man who thought mcclaren was when are we gonna wake up if hoddle stayed manager he would av been a success remember when he dropped gazza from the squad and took robert lee who else would av had the bollocks to do that ok gazza was superb but he wasnt fit at the time so hoddle made the decision which resulted in gazza smashing up la manga hotel wot other manager would have done that ?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    buckshee said:

boogica said:

Ask the players who played for him.ie ian wright reckons he is superb anyway who are u yes go and av a lie down u twat.

Stop crying like a little girl who is in love with glenn Hoddle.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    boogica said:

lol slight over reaction?
  • Options
    I think a world class manager would have a better win percentage than 39% from over 530 games and I liked him for England. Even Steve McLaren has a better managerial record than him!
  • Options

boogica said:

Ask the players who played for him.ie ian wright reckons he is superb anyway who the fuck are u yes go and av a lie down u twat.
    lol slight over reaction?
    If it wasn't for the abusive language i would think it was Jonathan Acworth.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

buckshee said:

boogica said:

Ask the players who played for him.ie ian wright reckons he is superb anyway who the fuck are u yes go and av a lie down u twat.

How about bollocks
  • Options
    boogica said:

buckshee said:

boogica said:

How about bollocks
    How about Kevin Davies for the Ballon D'or?

He's World class.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    WSS said:

I think a world class manager would have a better win percentage than 39% from over 530 games and I liked him for England. Even Steve McLaren has a better managerial record than him!

Percentages for fecks sake do me a favour as i said hoddle is a coach he does it the right way unfortunenately the fa dont see it that way nor do a few people on here .
  • Options

boogica said:

buckshee said:

boogica said:

How about bollocks
    How about Kevin Davies for the Ballon D'or?

He's World class.
    Now u are taking the piss u should be on stage.
  • Options
    boogica said:

WSS said:

Percentages for fucks sake do me a favour as i said hoddle is a coach he does it the right way unfortunenately the fa dont see it that way nor do a few people on here .
    Do you swear on every comment? It doesn't make your point any more valid.
  • Options
    Uncle dont mean swear mate but certain people on here think they know everything and its their own website if ive offended anyone i apologise i think hoddle has all the attributes to come back into the england set up as ive said before our game is in a bad way and has been for years the likes of pearce ,brooking ,southgate, hodgson aint up to it from top to bottom we need to start again ie from grassroots upwards the fa av tried to sort it but i feel the wrong people keep getting put in charge they need to realise wots wrong we need top coaches and hoddle definately is 1 of the best and if u av noticed i av said coaches not manager
  • Options
    Alrite Ja love it when you tell it how it is pal

Hoddle left too soon FACT
  • Options

Alrite Ja love it when you tell it how it is pal

Hoddle left too soon FACT

Cheers mate just get pissed off with certain people they av their views i av mine if they dont like mine tough hope u and all the family are keeping well mate.
  • Options
    Yeah all good mate all good hows you and yours mate all well i hope
  • Options
    Glenn Hoddle is a sandwich short of a picnic.
    I'd rather have David Iyke than Glenn, even if he can guarantee Mystic Meg as part of his team. ;-)