Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pearce Gone

2»

Comments

• Options

Crazy decision. Pearce only gets to pick the players and we aren't good enough.
    Need players who can hold the ball and pass quickly and accurately across the whole pitch.
    His record is actually very good given the players we have.

Are you kidding me????

It's perfectly clear that his tactical nous is non existent. There's only so far you can go by screaming "come on" at 11 professionals.

He clearly lost all respect from the players. He came out after each match and blamed the players. It was never his fault. I'm not one who likes managers protecting their players but to slam his players the way he did was suicide.

He also spoke about the 'bad' players he had at the tournament....mid tournament!!! How would you feel if your boss said he was gutted he had to pick you and he only did it because the good ones were playing elsewhere.

For me he lost all respect when he failed to pick David Beckham for the Olympics. It was a global event showcasing Great Britain and Beckham would have been the perfect leader. He failed to realise that with Beckham in the squad the whole atmosphere of each match would have been transformed. Not forgetting what Beckham did to get us the bleeding Olympics in the first place. Instead he purposefully made the decision so that people could talk about HIM as HE'S the boss.

Good riddance Pearce.
    So what did Beckham do that got us the Olympics?
    Your comment about why he didn't pick Beckham is just pathetic! and love the embellishment. LOL
    Tactical nous? I'm sure you are an expert on this! As said his record is actually outstanding with a final and a semi during his tenure.
    Our players aren't good enough. Fact!
    Maybe Golden Balls should be offered the job! Win us the next euro-u21's, then take on the Full England managers role and win us the world cup in 2018, before retiring and becoming the next Pope. ;-)
    I don't think he's a Catholic.
  • Options
    It should be Hoddle to take over. I know it, you know it, the FA know it, Hoddle knows it, Sir Trev knows it, everyone bloody knows it! BUT it won't happen because however stupid you may think the grey suits are at the FA they are not so stupid as to put in charge of the U21's someone who should really be doing the No.1 job. Roy is having a tougher time of it as it is and to undermine him by having the best coach (that's coach not manager) in the country working down the chain would be a disaster. Imagine at St George's all the 1st team having half an eye and ear on what Hoddle was doing with the kids whilst Roy was laying out his jumpers for goalposts.
  • Options
    Pearce provex his abilty during the tournament shit substitution after shit substitution

And when it was blatently obvious that players picked were not playing for the team who in the club colours can pick out a pass yet they failed to pass a ball 10 yds in the offensive 3rd of the pitch due to issues within the squad that he failed to deal with

When against Isreal he took off the 2 players who were controlling the midfield

And then stood shouting come on at the top of his voice and that was as inspiring as he could muster

His time was up and it will only be thank god good riddance if a prick like southgate doesnt get the job

If the pizza hut twins follow eachothers great penalty exploits into jobs the fa are as thick and out of date as the 125 bday they celebrate
  • Options
    Hoddle would be a disaster. Somebody else on here posted about not appointing someone who hasn't played fir years and is a failed Manager.......that's Hoddle. This should be a duel appointment, two technical coaches but one with the man management nous. Reed would be terrific as one of the Coaches.
  • Options
    Just to point out Fergusons record as a player was fckin awesome,

170 goals in 317 games

• Options

Need players who can hold the ball and pass quickly and accurately across the whole pitch.

Are you kidding me????

It's perfectly clear that his tactical nous is non existent. There's only so far you can go by screaming "come on" at 11 professionals.

He clearly lost all respect from the players. He came out after each match and blamed the players. It was never his fault. I'm not one who likes managers protecting their players but to slam his players the way he did was suicide.

He also spoke about the 'bad' players he had at the tournament....mid tournament!!! How would you feel if your boss said he was gutted he had to pick you and he only did it because the good ones were playing elsewhere.

For me he lost all respect when he failed to pick David Beckham for the Olympics. It was a global event showcasing Great Britain and Beckham would have been the perfect leader. He failed to realise that with Beckham in the squad the whole atmosphere of each match would have been transformed. Not forgetting what Beckham did to get us the bleeding Olympics in the first place. Instead he purposefully made the decision so that people could talk about HIM as HE'S the boss.

Good riddance Pearce.
    Your comment about why he didn't pick Beckham is just pathetic! and love the embellishment. LOL
    Tactical nous? I'm sure you are an expert on this! As said his record is actually outstanding with a final and a semi during his tenure.
    Maybe Golden Balls should be offered the job! Win us the next euro-u21's, then take on the Full England managers role and win us the world cup in 2018, before retiring and becoming the next Pope. ;-)
    Be careful what you say about Saint David. Its seen as serious as racism on here.
  • Options

Hoddle would be a disaster. Somebody else on here posted about not appointing someone who hasn't played fir years and is a failed Manager.......that's Hoddle. This should be a duel appointment, two technical coaches but one with the man management nous. Reed would be terrific as one of the Coaches.

Reed fails on both counts.
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Are you kidding me????

Good riddance Pearce.
    He was one of the ambassadors and as such key part of the bidding team. I think he was one of the people involved in the presentation to the IOC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/olympics/19016797
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Going back a while, admittedly, but wasn't Reed acknowledged as on of the best development Coacehs in England?

• Options

Riviera said:

Going back a while, admittedly, but wasn't Reed acknowledged as on of the best development Coacehs in England?

Dont think Steven Gerrard would agree with that!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Are you kidding me????

Good riddance Pearce.
    Don't get me wrong I'm not the biggest Beckham fan but I appreciate what he has done on and off the football pitch. Pearce clearly lost sight of that and made, what I believe, to be a personal decision.

Without wanting to get into an on-line argument (!) I won't be taking your points too seriously as everyone has opinions, it's just mine is right and yours isn't.
  • Options
    Wouldn't mind seeing Gary Neville get this job