Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fixtures 2013/14

Comments

• Options
    Gutted - I was hoping for an away game first match - when I will be on Holiday - but not the best away trip on the fixture list. Great time to go there for those not on holiday though!!!!!
  • Options

Poor walshie why book a wedding in football season

Just what I thought NLA. And of course the anniversary is going to clash every so often as well.

That's why we got married at the end of May in 99, as we were in the Prem no possible play-offs to worry about that year.

Now to the serious business of planning which games to be back for in Nov/Dec...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Using an iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch (iOS 6)

Go to the 'settings' app on your device.

From the list, select the 'Mail, Contacts, Calendars' option.

Select 'Add Account'

From the list, choose 'Other'

Under 'Calendars', Select 'Add Subscribed Calendar'

Enter the URL (beginning http://) In the box marked 'Server'

http://www1.skysports.com/calendars/football/fixtures/teams/charltonathletic

More options should appear, you can optionally enter a description for the calendar. You do not require a username or password, and should ensure 'Use SSL' is set to 'off'.

At the moment, no alarm information is sent with the fixture lists, so the 'Remove Alarms' option will not have an effect.

Select 'Next' - the calendar should sync, and then 'Save' to confirm the subscription.

Leave the 'settings' app, and go to the 'calendar' app. You should now see the subscribed calendar(s) in the list under 'subscribed' - ensure they are selected, and you should see all of the events in your calendar.

Thanks for the link guys , it works!
  • Options
    Blimey what a palaver! I just printed out the list and stuck it on the wall...
  • Options
    Booking a hotel for a group of lads for only one night in Bournmouth is a bloody mare.
  • Options
    Thanks ph. A bit early for an old 'un like me.
    Got the return for £31 in the end at a civilized time.
    ;-)

• Options

Booking a hotel for a group of lads for only one night in Bournmouth is a bloody mare.

theres 3 travelodges in and around Bournemouth i think, easiest option.
  • Options

ring the tourist board down there, I went on a stag about 10 years ago and they gave us the details of the 3 (at the time) hotels that would take lads only groups.

• Options
    For those already booking their train to Bournemouth, i'm sure the game can still be moved. Sky could move it to the Friday night or even to sunday as no prem games that weekend
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    good point, decent chance of a TV game I reckon...promoted side etc
  • Options
    Its a great point, they always move at least one Championship fixture for TV, but I expect it will be for the Friday.
  • Options
    Blimey its Huddersfield, Burnley, Blackpool, Wigan and Blackburn in the space of 5 weeks.
  • Options
    ..and Yeovil in December! I feel cold already.
  • Options

yeah i think ill drive down saturday morning, have a night out then drive back sunday.

Bloody hell mate, Bournemouth in August! Nearest affordable place will probably be MOTO on the M3 near Southampton!

• Options
    A good guide to hotels in Bournemouth:

http://www.bournemouth.com/
  • Options

Select 'Add Account'

More options should appear, you can optionally enter a description for the calendar. You do not require a username or password, and should ensure 'Use SSL' is set to 'off'.

At the moment, no alarm information is sent with the fixture lists, so the 'Remove Alarms' option will not have an effect.

Select 'Next' - the calendar should sync, and then 'Save' to confirm the subscription.

Leave the 'settings' app, and go to the 'calendar' app. You should now see the subscribed calendar(s) in the list under 'subscribed' - ensure they are selected, and you should see all of the events in your calendar.

Nice work MIA, thats saved me about 40 minutes!
  • Options

ring the tourist board down there, I went on a stag about 10 years ago and they gave us the details of the 3 (at the time) hotels that would take lads only groups.

I had my stag down there too mate.
    I can find plenty that take groups but all of them have a 2nights minimum stay in the high season - that's the main obstacle at the moment.

Good points about tv above although won't they go with one of the two games announced yesterday for those reasons!?!
  • Options
    Booked train tickets £22 from waterloo.
  • Options
    ones thing for sure on the 21st sept our boys will be raring to go and that little bit hungrier than millwall
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

..and Yeovil in December! I feel cold already.

I feel wet !!

• Options
    nolly said:

ones thing for sure on the 21st sept our boys will be raring to go and that little bit hungrier than millwall

Just like in previous seasons ...
  • Options
    Our proud derby record where so many legends of the past have wore the red shirt will proudly be at 12 wins in this fixture come 5 pm on the 21st
  • Options
    Shit I will be on a beach but in Portugal not Bournemouth oh well off to the pub with sky sports on.at 3 then
  • Options

For those already booking their train to Bournemouth, i'm sure the game can still be moved. Sky could move it to the Friday night or even to sunday as no prem games that weekend

I doubt our game will move. Surely the most likely TV games that weekend will be some of the 6 opening day fixtures announced yesterday as these are special games aren't they?

Disappointed Bournemouth away is in August as I'll miss it. Should have been my local game this season. Oh well I'll be on Bondi Beach while everyone else is in Boscombe!
  • Options
    When we play Blackpool the direct trains to Blackpool North will be running from Euston.
  • Options
    EastStand said:

Select 'Add Account'

Nice work MIA, thats saved me about 40 minutes!
    No worries EA . the thing i've noticed is the match kick off times look a bit skewy , ie 4pm kick off rather than 3pm and 8:45pm for mid week games , so its not an absolute , but at least its something to work with , it will be interesting to see if Sky decide to put one of our games on tv whether it changes the time or date on my phone!

• Options
    Both of our games against Nottingham Forest are on Tuesday evenings - that must be unusual. Officials at Blackpool are complaining about the remoteness of their three midweek away games - Reading, the Spanners, and Yeovil.
  • Options
    both huddersfield games are tuesday nights as well
  • Options
    Mike said:

both huddersfield games are tuesday nights as well

I've been to the macalpine and the galpharm but am yet to visit the John Smith stadium.