Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Terrible article...

Couldn't believe my eyes when I read this article today. Total nonsense and poorly written. Utter drivel!

http://www.sport.co.uk/football/my-beloved-club-charlton-athletic/4323299/?

Comments

• Options
    WTF is that !
  • Options
    What a load of tripe. I wish I hadn't read it now.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    That appears to be an article written, and I use that word in its loosest possible sense, by someone without a clue about either the football club or journalism. Or basic spelling and grammar for that matter.
  • Options
    Christopher Antoniou. 49 Years old.
  • Options
    east London?!

• Options
    Oh dear!
  • Options
    I realised that I hadn't gone onto there website to see what has been happening in June. There where no signs of any new players, or players on loan, even players coming through the youth teams. The only thing that had changed was there new sponsor, no disrespect to the new sponsor who is a local air conditioning company, which just goes to show that a sleeping giant as this east London club, just didn't get big named companies fighting each other to sponsor the club for the new season, why, well its all about TV coverage and TV rights which equals millions of pounds in the purse.

The club and the supporters idolise players that quite frankly are not good enough for the premiership. The best player they have is solly, who was voted player of the year for Charlton last season.

Charlton in the higher division, the championship had a hard season, with the fans gradually getting frustrated and getting on the backs of players when they started to leak goals at home, and lose games, even to teams like Barnsley who out played them at the valley with so much possession with a club that was edging towards the bottom four.

For the supporter its very frustrating because the manager and the board of directors are in denial, they are simply not good enough to be at the top of the championship fighting for promotion. Unfortunately, the club needs good foreign players instead of home grown players, players who are so comfortable on the ball, and know how to run down the clock, to score great goals, to make things happen and demoralise the opposition, and defend confidently, and play it out rather than kick it 30 yards to a player who has no chance of getting control of it, or is man marked , often by two players. In a nut shell from what I have seen all season, unless the players can control and dictate the game, to pass the ball comfortably, and make an abundance amount of passes to a shot or goal, and to defend as one, I cant see them getting out of this division.

As a fan of Charlton I hope that I am proved wrong for the new season. We can only dream of an oligard taking fancy to this majestic sleeping giant and feed it with money. What we don't want is another Gold brother and co, i.e. Karen Brady to have a play thing as they did with Birmingham City, they did well to fill the black financial hole and wastage the club went through for many seasons, but at the end, the club was seen as a business and was sold to the highest foreign bidder and move onto the next one.
  • Options
    is it some form of citizenship test ?
  • Options
    Clown. Absolute clown.
  • Options
    The man needs to get his compass out east london wot are u on pal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    There is no doubt it is a shockingly poor article but before you say anymore look at this thread.

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/55718/live-your-charlton-life-to-the-full#latest

Who's up for doing better?
  • Options
    "Unfortunately, the club needs good foreign players instead of home grown players, players who are so comfortable on the ball, and know how to run down the clock, to score great goals" - Priceless, just priceless. Pearls of wisom right there.
  • Options
    oligard ... nice word .. I would have used oligarch myself .. but ........
  • Options
    That made my brain hurt.

I am seething
  • Options
    Apart from anything else, it's simply illiterate. Nought out of ten.
  • Options
    Juanothun Ackworthio
  • Options
    How that ever got published I'll never know! Not for the poor comment and lack of observation - but for the poor grammar, spelling and sentence construction. Utter garbage.
  • Options
    It reads a bit like one of those Nigerian scam emails.
  • Options
    There my favourite team too !

Who do you reckon the bloke is ? Must be Millwall/Palace on the wind up, the East London bit is a bit of a giveaway that he's not Charlton.
  • Options
    I reckon he's on a wind up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Beware of Greeks bearing articles
  • Options
    se9addick said:

There my favourite team too !

Who do you reckon the bloke is ? Must be Millwall/Palace on the wind up, the East London bit is a bit of a giveaway that he's not Charlton.

Chirpy?
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

It reads a bit like one of those Nigerian scam emails.

That exactly what I thought.
    I was waiting for western union to appear somewhere in a paragraph.
  • Options
    This is priceless! I'm in bits here. Hilarious!!
  • Options
    That article is so bad it almost looks as though it is intentional - and designed to drive up hits and comments.
  • Options
    That surely is a wind up. Amusing, I'll give it that.
  • Options
    The ground in the background looks like the Berlin Olympic stadium, nice photo but a bit odd.
  • Options
    A cunning plant by the powers that be to get lifers to write? :D
  • Options
    It's more or less vanity publishing for the digital age. By the looks of it, anyone can have a go, they get hits for their website by you linking to your social media - not much quality control going on...
  • Options
    I agree with him. We need great players at low prices. Simples.