Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Danny Haynes signs for Notts County

He said on Twitter

Comments

• Options
    now that IS a major surprise if true .. he opts to go down a step
  • Options
    I thought he could do much better than that.
  • Options

I doubt he opted to go down a step. Presumably, no higher club made him an offer.

No massive surprise to me, when he misses more games than he plays. Clubs are looking for value for money in these FFP days.
  • Options
    Blimey - thats a shock. If he got offered a better wage by Notts County, then I can only hope we have MUCH better lined up. Otherwise, we must really be in the poop.
  • Options
    Surprising he didn't attract sufficient attention from a Champs club - but maybe those hamstrings are an issue again. Good luck to the lad.
  • Options
    Yeah surprised but agree that it's obviously the best offer he had. Hope he has an injury free season and does well.
  • Options
    Really expected him to rock up elsewhere in the Championship.
  • Options
    Think he could a lot better, he's defiantly championship standard.
    Glad he didn't sign for Millwall though.
  • Options
    Clearly the other Championship clubs didn't fancy him either
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think he'll get loads in League One, IF he plays a decent number of games.
  • Options
    Two year deal with an option.

maybe two years in the hand is better than better than one year and a big maybe plus a manager he knows well.

Good luck to him, will always remember that goal at Leicester very fondly.
  • Options

I doubt he opted to go down a step. Presumably, no higher club made him an offer.

No massive surprise to me, when he misses more games than he plays. Clubs are looking for value for money in these FFP days.
    Looks like I was wrong. Their site says they were competing with a number of Championship clubs.

Perhaps, the others wanted a pay as you play deal, or maybe he wants a better chance of playing regularly.
  • Options
    Good. Wouldve annoyed me if he'd been scoring goals at our level this year.
  • Options

Looks like I was wrong. Their site says they were competing with a number of Championship clubs.

Perhaps, the others wanted a pay as you play deal, or maybe he wants a better chance of playing regularly.
    It wouldn't surprise if they were competing with Championship teams, but they could just be saying that to make everyone involved in the club feel even more positive about it. Looks better saying that they staved off contract offers from clubs in a higher division than saying that nobody wanted him because he's injury prone. (Not saying that nobody wanted him because he's injury prone - just that Notts County are obviously going to 'big up' a transfer).
  • Options
    Good signing for them. Sure he could have done better though.

Money talks I assume
  • Options
    Decent when fit.

With his cheesestrings will be amazed if he plays 20 games a season for them.
  • Options

Two year deal with an option.

maybe two years in the hand is better than better than one year and a big maybe plus a manager he knows well.

Good luck to him, will always remember that goal at Leicester very fondly.

This. Does well and they will take up the third year option, if in their favour, or he finds a bigger gig on the back of it. Goes badly he is guaranteed two years bunce as opposed to probably just one elsewhere. However we must be looking to get in better otherwise we should have retained him.
  • Options
    Good luck to the fella I say! Will be interesting to see how he does next season in L1 and we'll know soon enough whether we did the right thing or not by letting him go. For the record I would like to have kept him in the squad.
  • Options
    That is an incredible signing for Notts County
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Interesting to see he has dropped a level, what was the reason for him leaving again.
  • Options
    Ray Trew the Notts C owner is football mad and very wealthy, if not mega rich (as yet) .. he used to be on the board of Lincoln City but after a power struggle was outed, he tried to buy the club but was blocked by the Lincoln C old guard .. he then bought Notts ..... who's laughing now ? ... Notts are signing very good quality players, Lincoln narrowly avoided relegation last season from the Conference prem
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Good luck to Danny! Notts c in the FA cup anyone ;-)
  • Options
    Another sad loss, great player. Goodluck Danny.
  • Options
    great signing for them good luck to both
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    If he stays fit he is an outstanding league 1 signing.
  • Options
    decent but always injured so not that much of a loss, hope he does well always gave it the best he had
  • Options

It wouldn't surprise if they were competing with Championship teams, but they could just be saying that to make everyone involved in the club feel even more positive about it. Looks better saying that they staved off contract offers from clubs in a higher division than saying that nobody wanted him because he's injury prone. (Not saying that nobody wanted him because he's injury prone - just that Notts County are obviously going to 'big up' a transfer).
    When we signed Yassin Moutoo, didn't we sign him after competition with many of Europe's top clubs...
  • Options

When we signed Yassin Moutoo, didn't we sign him after competition with many of Europe's top clubs...
    Who he? Ed.

• Options
    I liked him and I wish him every success.