Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham sold for £200m...

...to the Americans. I'm still of the opinion the Fulham are a league one outfit at best with a terrible support base. New owners will do well to see a return, I think they have already peaked.

Comments

• Options
    Should have bought us.
  • Options
    200 million... bit steep aint it?
  • Options
    Fulham are a league one outfit at best?

The table (and past few years) tell a different story.

The new owner is the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who've always been the favourite to move location to Europe if that ever ended up happening.
  • Options

Redevelop Craven Cottage into luxury flats and move Fulham to Selhurst Pk. Simples.

• Options
    Mo Al Fayed will be happy.

Weren't Fulham in division 4 when he bought them?
  • Options

The new owner is the owner of the Jacksonville Jaguars, who've always been the favourite to move location to Europe if that ever ended up happening.

Bar the money yes.

If they were to do a Charlton and go back down to league one then they wouldn't get half of what our crowds were.
  • Options

If they can stay in the Prem for three years it'll be a bargain. If they can't it'll be like that film The Moneypit.
  • Options
    Who gets to keep the Jackson statue?
  • Options
    The Sun reporting that it's £150m.
    nichorob said:

Bar the money yes.

If they were to do a Charlton and go back down to league one then they wouldn't get half of what our crowds were.
    Possibly. But I think some of the fans they've picked up from the Prem will stay, so could be similar to our attendance.
  • Options
    For 200 million they'd be lucky to buy Kermorgants boots, he's priceless.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Jacksonville Jaguars?

Wasn't that perverted big pussy (cat) at palace their mascot?
  • Options
    Really don't get why this bloke has gone for fulham, a fan base which is even worse than ours and a stadium which needs to be knocked down. Would have loved it if this bloke took over us. We would Finally be able to buy sam bloody baldock
  • Options
    Fulham will never get bigger than what they are now. Al Fayed ran things sensibly there if the new owners don't I can see them dropping down the leagues in the next few years
  • Options
    bonkers! Fulham, Leicester, Charlton, Ipswich etc... all similar and most available for £30M give or take
  • Options
    Interview with an American sports journalist on R5 Live this evening said the new owner is likely to keep the management in place at Fulham for a season at least, but will immediately "develop revenue streams" and "improve the match-day experience for fans". Palarse-style cheerleaders? Wow!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Wow, Ron Jeremy* is worth a few quid if he can buy a premier league club.

*Do not google Ron Jeremy at work or in front of young children, if you are unaware who he is.
  • Options
    Amazing - we are bigger, better ground only in a league below - which could be easily rectified! Assuming owner isn't a Fulham fan, wondering how he made that money with this lack of judgement.
  • Options
    Are you saying we are a better investment than an established premier league side or am i missing the sarcasm?
  • Options
    Long term, yes
  • Options
    no surprise ... he's been cashing in assets ever since he sold Harrods. He no longer has the resources to support an ambitious premier club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Long term, yes

I disagree. Investors would have to come in revamp the squad, try and get out of a tough league which is never easily rectified or guaranteed, clear debts without huge sky money coming in, in the hope in 4-5 years we will be an established PL team like Fulham are now.

Why not just go straight there instead of going through the Rat race and spending millions and millions getting there? Fulham sound like a much safer option to me.
  • Options
    Fulham have done pretty well in recent season but the new money will mean increased pressure and expectation.
  • Options
    You'd have to count in Charlton's debt - I assume Fulham don't have any - but that seems a ridiculous disparity. It does show you why Jiminez and friends are here, however.
  • Options
    Fulham's debt is three time that of ours.

Main reason why the Phoney Pharoah is bailing out.
  • Options

no surprise ... he's been cashing in assets ever since he sold Harrods. He no longer has the resources to support an ambitious premier club.

Fulham will get relegated at some point and they will struggle as we did. Accepting debts etc... - £200m! How much would it cost to get us up - not that much I'd wager. Then fans, ground, facilities etc...
  • Options
    I believe Fulham are second behind Man Utd (Glazier) debt. He has been covering them every year and the debt is getting bigger. Guess it all depends if it was a loan or out of his own pocket
  • Options
    It's a joke no buyer for our club,Fulham sold quick.
  • Options
    edited July 2013

It's a joke no buyer for our club,Fulham sold quick.

We don't know how long the sale took.

Could have been negotiating for months.

We only found out when the deal was done which is the best way to do business.

• Options
    Location, Location, Location .. Craven Cottage stands in the middle of prime west London real estate on an attractive part of the Thames, next door to the leafy and lovely Bishops Park, the land value of the stadium itself must be worth hundreds of millions (I will not attempt a guess at the potential housing development value), the club is in the Premier, the Americans are world class marketers and the new owner can probably offset losses against his tax. As has been mentioned, the Jaguars US football team is making London a second home.
    If I were a Fulham fan I would be very pleased about this takeover, except I would be hoping that Craven Cottage doesn't become Craven Thamesside Mansions
  • Options
    They've just had planning permission for the Stevenosn Stand rejected as it was to cantilever over The Thames.

It's gone to Boris on appeal and they are awaiting his decision - seeing as he has been against any development along The Thames it may cause them some problems.

Fayed had threatened to move away from The Cottage.