Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fulham sold for £200m...

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sounds like they need a robust Supporters Trust !
  • Options

I believe Fulham are second behind Man Utd (Glazier) debt. He has been covering them every year and the debt is getting bigger. Guess it all depends if it was a loan or out of his own pocket

I vaguely recall it was £160+m a few years ago and quite recently was converted to equity - presumably due to FFP.
  • Options
    Mohammed Al Fayed: "Michael Jackson statue will stay - it's part of the deal" “I will shave his tash off if he takes it down”
  • Options
    Real estate value must be worth the best part of that anyway. The football club owns other parts of local land as well as the main ground.
  • Options
    He really welcomed the new owner like this...
  • Options
    Al Fayed wrote off all of fulham's debt last season I think. Can definitely see why some one would want to buy them. As long as they stay in the premier league they're a cash cow.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    At this point in time Fulham at £200 m are still a better proposition than Charlton at £30 m. If they were to be relegated then that would be different, but at the moment he gets a substantial amount back with the TV money coming through. He has a nucleus of a team that is experienced in the Prem, therefore he has only to spend to fill gaps rather than build a Prem squad.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

At this point in time Fulham at £200 m are still a better proposition than Charlton at £30 m. If they were to be relegated then that would be different, but at the moment he gets a substantial amount back with the TV money coming through. He has a nucleus of a team that is experienced in the Prem, therefore he has only to spend to fill gaps rather than build a Prem squad.

Exactly. If he has that much money the chances he may know more about business, risk/ reward.
    I am certain he didn't pick Fulham out of a hat.