Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

The Royal Baby

Comments

• Options
    I rode rd buck house and the hospital last night there are some crazy people out there
  • Options
    Congratulations to the proud parents . God bless the royal family
  • Options
    Shag said:

Congratulations to the proud parents . God bless the royal family

Yep congratulations, can't understand the moaners on here.

• Options
    Prince David.
  • Options
    Alan or curbs obviously
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:

Prince David.

Ronald Reagan once famously addressed Princess Diana as "Princess David". Shurely shome mishtake.

• Options
    JT can you repost your picture so i can judge whether it was in poor taste?? :-)

Ta.
  • Options
    It's good news. The same as any couple who have a baby.

But I wish that I didn't have to pay a proportion of my tax to fund its privileged lifestyle, while most of our children make do with state education and health.

Grumble over!
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

JT can you repost your picture so i can judge whether it was in poor taste?? :-)

Ta.

It was mint ;0) how come it's gone?

• Options
    come on JT!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yea come on. I missed it too
  • Options
    JT was probably worried about a law suit taken out by the Royal Family.
  • Options
    It was just Kate and Wills cuddling a black baby werent it?
  • Options
    Don't do it JT, you know how touchy people can be when it suits
  • Options

I thought we were supposed to have a day off

We drew lots for it earlier on the thread. You won, it's Sunday.

• Options
    fattmatt said:

But I wish that I didn't have to pay a proportion of my tax to fund its privileged lifestyle, while most of our children make do with state education and health.

Grumble over!

The Royal family costs about 50pence per GB resident per year in tax - c£30m pa total

c30m tourists come to GB most years - GB revenue from tourism was c£11bn in 2011. If one quarter of one percent of all the tourists came as a result of The Monarchy then they break even.

You go and live in France and I'll cover the 50p deficit you create.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

fattmatt said:

Grumble over!

The Royal family costs about 50pence per GB resident per year in tax - c£30m pa total

c30m tourists come to GB most years - GB revenue from tourism was c£11bn in 2011. If one quarter of one percent of all the tourists came as a result of The Monarchy then they break even.

It's not about the amount involved. It's about the principle for me.
  • Options
    fattmatt said:

PL54 said:

fattmatt said:

Grumble over!

It's not about the amount involved. It's about the principle for me.
    Good for you Fatt
  • Options
    The Royal Family work incredibly hard for this country. How many people in their 80's and 90's still work like the Queen and until his recent ill health, the Duke of Edinburgh.

• Options

The Royal Family work incredibly hard for this country. How many people in their 80's and 90's still work like the Queen and until his recent ill health, the Duke of Edinburgh.

All of us soon if various government have their way
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPjhFCmxsxQ
  • Options
    I saw this clip live last night and had to rewind to check.

I found the Sky news coverage cringy. Burley chased a couple of old fellas down the road thinking it was William and reading out live tweets. Those adults singing happy birthday and for he's a jolly good fellow... I had the cushion over my face but couldn't stop watching.

• Options

I'll happily do it. Where do I send my CV?
  • Options

It was just Kate and Wills cuddling a black baby werent it?

Yeah

Canna be arsed with people getting the arse
  • Options
    Curb_It said:

I saw this clip live last night and had to rewind to check.

I found the Sky news coverage cringy. Burley chased a couple of old fellas down the road thinking it was William and reading out live tweets. Those adults singing happy birthday and for he's a jolly good fellow... I had the cushion over my face but couldn't stop watching.

Kay Burley should be nowhere near this historic event after her insensitive comments during the April Jones coverage.

• Options
    Is she one of the most unpopular news presenters ever? She gets up everyone's nose it seems.
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

All of us soon if various government have their way
    Assuming we don't all croak in our mid 70's.
  • Options
    Sky News was just so bad last night I had to switch it off, there's a difference between reporting on a story and turning into TMZ + E.
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    I have had the misfortune of catching Ms Burley and Sky News on and off over the last couple of days, pure and utter grade A complete crap emanating from every orifice of anyone who has gurned in front of the camera...

Picture of a blue London cab

Ms B "And here is a black cab which is blue of course but they are still called black cabs..."
  • Options
    This whole royal baby nonsense makes me embarrassed to be British. The coverage is laughable and I can't get over how sycophantic people are.