Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Isle of Wight recommendations

2»

Comments

• Options
    Thanks again guys and girls.

I'll be wary of that pirate...
  • Options
    LoOkOuT said:

I only remember the lift down the steep cliff and a pub at the end of the road with a pirate outside.

the Spyglass Inn Ventor. Quality food in there!

• Options

LoOkOuT said:

I only remember the lift down the steep cliff and a pub at the end of the road with a pirate outside.

the Spyglass Inn Ventor. Quality food in there!

Can recommend the Chilli con Carni at the Spyglass Inn , the puddings arn't bad either!

• Options
    Sadly my two won't sit in a chair for more than about 3 mins so all these eating out suggestions are frustrating as I love my tucker, but the liklihood is we'll be eating in the caravan every night :-(
  • Options
    get the ferry there from portsmouth
  • Options
    cheers Shag, I was planning on taking the Nathan route via Morocco
  • Options
    I can see the IOW from my house. AFKA let me know when you are going over and I will wave :-)
    Good news is the A3 all the way to Pompey is a breeze nowadays with the Hindhead tunnel fully open.

• Options
    Robin Hill and Blackgang Chine allow you to return free for up to 7 days after buying a ticket, worth it with kids. Beach at Sandown is lovely but the sand turns your clothes orange!

You can walk along the seafront from Seaview (near Bembridge) to Ryde, stopping along the way at Puckpool, which has crazy golf/kids play park etc. Take a good while but is a lovely walk with views across to Portsmouth.

Was there last week getting in a trip to my Dad's before the island is overrun with holidaymakers and their kids!
  • Options
    Thanks all, had a great week there and covered many of the things above. Was so lucky with the weather.

Will definitely be going back there again. Lucky man @Webby could happily live there
  • Options
    AFKA, got a two and half year old and a 3 month and thinking of doing a sun £9.50 holiday IOW sometime next year. Plenty for the eldest to enjoy? (will be 3 and a bit by time go)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    "Watch the birds of pray exhibition (free) . . . ." Is this the Nuns at Evensong?