Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Fantasy Premier League 2013/ 2014

Its early and i am sure there will be plenty more transfers, but here we go. Lots of you played in the league last year and for me personally had my largest points total ever with 2132. It wasn't enough to win the league but happy with a top 10 finish (41 thousand from 2 million worldwide). Anyone else who wants to join, here is the code to join this league: 109327-32093

The rest of you will automatically be entered once you pick your team.

Happy bargain hunting, you will need it with RVP at 14m and Bale at 12m...... Not easy!!

Comments

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Im in
  • Options
    Bloody hard picking the team this year!
  • Options
    I'm waiting for the big transfers to go through before picking my team, no point picking RVP and Bale in case Powell signs them both :-)
  • Options
    Is this like the sun one where you get transfer windows a few times in the season, or is it one when you can make changes after every game.
  • Options
    1 change after every game, which you can save up and use perhaps 3 in one go. Any more than what you're allowed will take 4 points off your gameweek total. 2 wildcards per season (1 from the start and 1 from January) where you can change your whole team.
  • Options
    Cheers
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    Ross said:

1 change after every game, which you can save up and use perhaps 3 in one go. Any more than what you're allowed will take 4 points off your gameweek total. 2 wildcards per season (1 from the start and 1 from January) where you can change your whole team.

You can carry forward 1 free transfer if you don't use it that week, though sometimes it's worth sacrificing the 4 points (or more) if you have injuries or your incoming players have a chance of scoring big points (e.g. a double week or a home game against Crystal Palace)

It's a really good game, and updated very quickly - scores will change as goals go in during the match. The values of players go up and down during the season, depending on performances on the pitch and how many buy/sell them.
  • Options
    I found last season that just one rubbish week or one good week can see you move up or down 20 places.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The question is - Do I leave RVP out so I can have a stronger team all round?
  • Options
    I've gone for Bale over RVP due to getting more points for midfield. The problem with strikers is you need them when they are in form. I found the strikers were the ones that I would change more often than not last season. Don't go for a top keeper as even though you get 6 points for a clean sheet, you get points for every 4 saves made. So go for a mid-table keeper. The same with defence - you lose your clean sheet 6 points if a goal goes in, so go for mid table. Midfield is the key area.....assists and goals.
  • Options
    Ross said:

I've gone for Bale over RVP due to getting more points for midfield. The problem with strikers is you need them when they are in form. I found the strikers were the ones that I would change more often than not last season. Don't go for a top keeper as even though you get 6 points for a clean sheet, you get points for every 4 saves made. So go for a mid-table keeper. The same with defence - you lose your clean sheet 6 points if a goal goes in, so go for mid table. Midfield is the key area.....assists and goals.

Mignoelt in goal from a mid-table team ;-)

RVP left out in favour of Bale too.
  • Options
    Ross said:

Damn, now why didnt you post that before I submitted my team!

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:

Ross said:

You can make as many changes as you like before the season starts.
  • Options
    Who's picking up Shelvey at 5.5Mil...
  • Options
    To do well
    1) You need your expensive players to play regularly and deliver the goods. RVP, for example, played nearly every game and delivered goals right throughout the season, whereas the Man City strikers were rotated more and scored fewer goals.
    2) Defenders that can get clean sheets or nick the odd goal. Often the cheapest member of a good back 4 is a good idea.
    3) A keeper that either keeps clean sheets or makes lots of saves
    4) A standout player in a poor team, as they'll get more bonus points.
    5) Midfielders that make lots of actual assists, as opposed to players who do brilliant things, but don't actually get the final touch
    6) My natural talent and ability, that have marked me out as SCP's successor when he moves on to manage Real Madrid!
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options

JohnBoyUK said:

Ross said:

You can make as many changes as you like before the season starts.
    Can I? 'Triffic.

• Options
    In
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Wow 33 teams already
  • Options
    Yeah ill be in shortly

by far the best FFL game out there and totally free- now on my 4th season

More work u put in to researching form and likely starting line ups then the more "luck" u seem to make

d bent used to be the first name on the team sheet as always undervalued-
    Hopefully be will be transferred and I can start picking him again
  • Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Anyone else notice that they've completely overhauled the bonus points system for this year? If you change the 'player filters' in your transfer page to be sorted by 'bonus points system', (not bonus) you can see how last years player stats scored with this years bonus point scoring system. It's very, very different and well worth looking at when picking your team.

Under the new points system Lambert scored more points than Suarez, Schniederlin scored more points than Bale, hell, even defenders Hangeland and A.Williams scored more points than Bale! Vertonghen was the second highest scorer in the entire game!!!
  • Options
    Looks bloody complicated!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    is there a code for the league?
  • Options
    didnt look properly too early more coffee required
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    I'm in
  • Options
    The Charlton Life league had a very high standard last year, I won our work league, but was only 4th (I think) here despite being 22,412th in the whole competition!