Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Nicky Bailey signs for Millwall

124»

Comments

• Options

where would he play? wouldnt have him ahead of diego or jordan.

Did Parkinson not play him on the left?

• Options
    Leave him at smallwall, agent bailey is doing magnificent work!
  • Options
    Nope. Was overrated when he was with us the first time. Was OK, scored some good goals but surrendered possession far too often.
  • Options

Leave him at smallwall, agent bailey is doing magnificent work!

Charlton legend (While at Millwall)!
  • Options
    He's a different player now - a holding midfielder who is unable to play box to box and far more susceptible to injury. Think we dodged the bullet last summer!
  • Options

Nope. Was overrated when he was with us the first time. Was OK, scored some good goals but surrendered possession far too often.

And then would fall to the ground, whilst moaning to the ref.
  • Options
    After 3 years I want to move on from Bailey, but I'm awaiting MSE7's clearance :)
  • Options
    Single handedly stopped as getting promotion back to the championship in our first l1 season. Will never forgive that display.
  • Options
    MattD said:

Single handedly stopped as getting promotion back to the championship in our first l1 season. Will never forgive that display.

I thought it saved us from total wembley heartbreak
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    MattD said:

Bit OTT!
    I thought Bailey was good for us, would I have him ahead of what we have now? No!
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    He also gave up possession and fell to the floor clutching his face in hopes of a free kick/stopping play and cost us a goal.

Maybe it wasn't singlehandedly, but I'd say he played a bigger part than most in that game. If Llera is vilified for it then Bailey deserves just as much blame if not more. He also left after proclaiming how much he wanted to make up for that error.

Good riddance, thankfully he didn't re-sign and block Poyet or Cousins from the team this year.
  • Options
    Does his missus still mouth off on twitter?
  • Options
    I can understand where people's frustrations with Bailey come from as he seemed determined to tread a bizarre line between hard man and play actor but he scored more than his fair share of goals from midfield and we wouldn't have been in the Playoffs without some of those goals. I also find it a bit odd that Bailey gets remembered as a villain by some on here for that penalty miss, but we laugh at Leicester for being unable to let go of Yann's Playoff shocker, and that would have got them into the Premiership.
  • Options
    His light has dipped.
    Great for us, got much needed cash when we sold him.
    But now am pleased he's helping to relegate the spanners and bankrupt them at the same time.
  • Options
    If we could have resigned the best of Bailey then I would have been very impressed and thought that a damn good signing, theatrics and all. BUT he seems to have gone off the boil somewhere along the line, or maybe he was just in his best form as an Addick and has never got back that high again. There is nothing the Bailey of 2013-14 could realistically add to the midfield I think, AA and Jackson are no strangers to having a shot from the midfield and Cousins and Poyet are easily as defensively accomplished already, and without the penchant for amateur dramatics every time the leg gets tapped - and we have Reza as our favourite for the next Oscars anyway.
  • Options
    was so over rated
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited March 2014
    The best game I ever saw him play for us was his debut. I thought he looked the complete midfielder and I always held it against him that he wasn't as good as I first thought.
  • Options
    He's been Millwallised.