Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Will everyone please stop panicking?!

13»

Comments

• Options
    edited July 2013
    The owners have done well to secure promotion, keep the squad together and finish 9th...
    The owners need to fund the next step or pass the baton on for CAFC has no future as a mid table championship club.
    I don't see any need to panic nor knock anyone...Mundell's set of questions are a good summary...
    I think there are buyers out there and I also think a good start to the season (which might need more strikers!) should help a sale... Then again it might inflate the asking price!

The irony is that by not topping up the squad the owners are flagging that they are not cash rich - so sending a signal to prospective buyers that the club might be picked up on the cheap!
  • Options
    edited July 2013

The owners have done well to secure promotion, keep the squad together and finish 9th...
    The owners need to fund the next step or pass the baton on for CAFC has no future as a mid table championship club.
    I don't see any need to panic nor knock anyone...Mundell's set of questions are a good summary...
    I think there are buyers out there and I also think a good start to the season (which might need more strikers!) should help a sale... Then again it might inflate the asking price!

The irony is that by not topping up the squad the owners are flagging that they are not cash rich - so sending a signal to prospective buyers that the club might be picked up on the cheap!

Alternatively we could have been (or we may remain) under offer with due diligence process ongoing and the potential owner not wanting to take on additional assets / costs in wages at this stage of negotiation. Perhaps TJ / MS set a time limit to get it tied up before they REALLY had to press on with making additional signings in the striking department - they may feel that last year's U21s can step in for the start of the season until new striker(s) are fit and integrated?

All conjecture of course, but a possible scenario
  • Options
    I think we need to get a grasp on reality a bit here, we were in League 1 the season before last and managed to finish an extremely respectable 9th last season in the Championship 3 points off the playoffs. Admittedly we do need a couple of strikers, would love to see Piggot given a run. but FFS is it really as bad as some of you are making it sound? We have made brilliant progression the last 2 seasons and need to get some perspective surely??
  • Options
    That's true, Jay, but how are you going to feel if Hamer and Yann both get injured on Saturday? People are understandably concerned.
  • Options
    PHEW!
  • Options
    Should keep the doom and gloom merchants happy (for a bit), 2 great signings and hopefully now we can kick on and make those playoffs !!!!!!!! Suddenly cannot wait for next Saturdays 1st home game!!
  • Options
    Officially, our squad is much stronger than last season's.

Bring it on!
  • Options
    I'd like to announce that I have now officially stopped panicking
  • Options

I'd like to announce that I have now officially stopped panicking

I'd also like to make the same announcement, but I am left feeling a bit empty with nothing to panic about.

• Options
    what is this panic you speak of
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Clearly they care about the financial consequences for them, beyond that I personally doubt it.

What chance of TJ or Slater at AFCB on Saturday? I wouldn't even bet on them being at The Valley on Tuesday night.

Look, we can all see you aren't ever going to change the record, but how about, just for a brief respite, you turn the volume down, at a time when us mere mortal fans have a chance of being happy, eh?

Your personal agadoo is tedious and badly timed and its beginning to look like you want darkness at the club, just to prove how invaluable you were.
  • Options
    Ah bliss...
  • Options
    and relax
  • Options

Officially, our squad is much stronger than last season's.

Bring it on!

This!

The additions outweigh the departures and the first team have gelled in the Championship... we know that the team were in great form at the end of last season so no need for wholesale changes, just gentle improvements.

Looking forward to kick off!