Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Your sending off on Saturday.

Comments

• Options
    Funny that , even out skipper Mr Jackson thought it was.
  • Options
    Powell said in the post-match interview that he had no complaints. I've watched the video and Pritchard was hot-headed, hard and late.
  • Options
    Thought it harsh at the time but after seeing on TV I thought the ref made the call he had to. Is it a one or three game ban ?
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Thought it harsh at the time but after seeing on TV I thought the ref made the call he had to. Is it a one or three game ban ?

Three - violent conduct.

• Options
    edited August 2013

se9addick said:

Three - violent conduct.

I think it comes under serious foul play, have a look at 'Law 12'. Same length of ban though.
  • Options
    It was a def yellow but never a red imo
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Tough call in real time Pritch came in very determined from the side at speed and if you are a bit late, it looks very bad and D'Urso was predictable on this occasion with the outcome. There but for the grace of god went many who would have just received a ticking off in the old days :-)
  • Options
    Agree with AFKA and Pig. Never a red. It was lates, that's all. Yellow card.
  • Options

Powell said in the post-match interview that he had no complaints. I've watched the video and Pritchard was hot-headed, hard and late.

He also said he hadn't seen it again. More likely he's sick of the touchline bans and knows complaining won't do him any good
  • Options
    Lates=Red which you should know with a name like Red Robin! Did you pick up the name from Sunday league footy m8?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If lates = red im surprised their arent reds in every game.

Knew he was going to send pritch off as soon as the crowd and players reacted.
  • Options
    D'urso couldn't wait to do it. It was all about him on Saturday.
  • Options
    Modern day sending off
  • Options
    I wasn't at the game and only saw it on the poor quality highlights programme. To me, it looked more like Fraser ran into him.
  • Options
    Was more or less in front of us. No more than a Yellow. D'Urso loves it.
  • Options
    From the highlights, it looked as if the Bournemouth players were sympathising with him.
  • Options
    Harsh but expected. As somebody commented in the pub beforehand when we found out D'Urso was ref - 'I wonder how many players will still be on the pitch at FT'
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Yellow all day long. Absolutely no malice in it, just a desperate tackle chasing the game. If the referee can't put that into context then he shouldn't be there. As above, Powell's comments are likely to be as (a) we won't appeal anyway as we can't afford to and it never does us any good and (b) he's already been in enough trouble for talking about referees anyway.
  • Options
    Think the afcb players reaction made the ref's mind up.
  • Options
    50/50 ball they both went for. Pritchard was late and because the he doesn't roll around on the floor D'Urso (awful all game) instantly sends him off without even thinking about it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thought it was harsh but in today's game it was a red. This and the fact that all the players swarmed around the ref and the crown reaction and also taking in that the ref was D'worso the outcome was always red.
  • Options
    Jarman said:

Think the afcb players reaction made the ref's mind up.

They were tapping Pritchard on the head as if to say 'unlucky mate'!?

• Options
    We thought at the time it was a 50/50 ball too.

But knew that D'worso ( love that, cafc999! ) couldn't wait to wave the red.

If we see this so called ref again this season, we may as well surrender the points at the off.
  • Options
    Never a red, late and clumsy but not malicious. A yellow card but D'Urso is a c***!
  • Options
    I thought it was going to be a red as soon as he went for the tackle...I've not seen a replay to see if it was as bad as I thought at the time but quite often what see and make instant judgments on turn out to be not so clear cut
  • Options
    harry arter played a big part in the sending off,running over to the ref shouting his mouth off.scumbag.as for d'urso,he always been a twat
  • Options
    We know Pritch so we know it wasn't malicious, but at the game in real time it looked clumsy, wreckless and he didn't get anywhere near the ball.
    Their man ended in a heap and their players jumped up and down.
    I knew it would be red.
    Never mind that D'Urso is a chunt, I think 9 out of 10 refs would have pulled out a red in front of the home crowd.
    Just my opinion
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Watching the highlights video, both players running at full speed had to make up 10 yards of space to get to the ball.

Both were fully committed.

• Options
    Oggy Red said:

Watching the highlights video, both players running at full speed had to make up 10 yards of space to get to the ball.

Both were fully committed.

Maybe if Pritch had ended up in a heap and their man stayed on his feet we would have got a different outcome.
    In real time it was natural for the ref to assume Pritch was the aggressor IMO, Oggy
  • Options
    I always have and always will think D'urso is an incompetent clown, but watching it back I can see in this one instance why he reached the conclusion he did - albeit incorrectly. The inconsistency and double standards regarding other challenges I have no time for mind you!