Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Partridge alpha papa

Got back from watching it thought it was brilliant exceeded my expectations plenty of funny bits.

No spoilers here, but pretty much just saying go and see it while it's in cinema.

Best cinema release of the year. Beats Gangster squad which was pretty awesome.

Comments

• Options
    I'm a massive fan of Partridge. Have been waiting a long time for a film release. Cant wait to go and see it, the reviews have been very good.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Just got back from seeing it at the Picturehouse.

Absolutely brilliant. Vintage Partridge. Alan back at his best.

Ok I love AP and always have but even so as a stand alone film it was still very, very funny. I was there with my 16 year old son who has only recently discovered AP and he loved it too, even if he was getting a little embarrassed by my loud constant laughing. I honestly don't think I stopped laughing the whole way through.
    Great to see old characters like Lynn, Michael and Dave Clifton in it too.

Very, very silly and great fun, don't miss it.
  • Options
    I'm Alan partridge was brilliant too.
  • Options
    Going Monday now. Cant wait.
  • Options
    Was lucky enough to see Steve Coogan (as Alan Partridge) on the red carpet when he did the Premier in Norwich the other week. His speech was brilliant. Haven't seen the film yet.
  • Options
    I really didn't want to go and see this as I had a bad feeling it was going to be rubbish and ruin alan partridge for me forever but the missus insisted on going to see it on opening night. I was wrong, it's brilliant
  • Options
    Yea really good. Loved the opening titles sequence (driving)
  • Options
    Valley11 said:

Yea really good. Loved the opening titles sequence (driving)

Indeed. Set the tone for the film perfectly. From that point on I knew it was not going to disappoint.

• Options
    Loved it! Like others, I was worried that it would suffer the fate of so many TV spin offs but they have managed to open it out while staying true to the Partidgean spirit . I wonder if it will be released in the US and if so what they will make of it.
  • Options
    Really looking forward to seeing this - it sounds like a corker.

AP at his best is pretty hard to beat, comedy wise IMHO.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Loved it! Like others, I was worried that it would suffer the fate of so many TV spin offs but they have managed to open it out while staying true to the Partidgean spirit . I wonder if it will be released in the US and if so what they will make of it.

Quoted to be a Hollywood blockbuster....I don't think Americans will get partridge
  • Options
    OMG. If you suffer from asthma, take your pumps. I dont think I've laughed like that in years.
    I know I've been a fan of Partridge from the start but Alpha Papa gets a big fat 10/10 from me, it was that good :)
  • Options
    Hope I can find a torrent sometime soon!
  • Options
    Going to watch it today, first time I've been to the cinema since Four Lions (3 Years)
  • Options
    Very good film.
  • Options

Let me know when you find one. Been searching but nothing out there yet.

• Options

Let me know when you find one. Been searching but nothing out there yet.

Yeah, having the same problem, it's obviously never going to be released in China either :/
  • Options
    A Partridge in China sounds like a great sequel!!
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

A Partridge in China sounds like a great sequel!!

I'm still furious about "A Partridge amongst the Pigeons" not being made.
  • Options
    Saw it again tonight with my other son. He loved it and so did I, again!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Coogan is class, no doubt about it.

The movie he did with Rob Brydon 'The Trip' was one of the cleverest and funniest films I have seen for a long time.
  • Options
    Film? Is that how it was shown in Oz? Here is was a six part tv serial.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Film? Is that how it was shown in Oz? Here is was a six part tv serial.

Yes, it was a movie here, bought the DVD.

I had no idea it was a TV series!
  • Options
    Interesting - it never crossed my mind that stuff would be released in such different formats. To be honest I think a film might be better. I enjoyed the series, but it was a little slow at times. If what you've got is effectively a 1½ hour highlights package, I reckon that would be brilliant.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Interesting - it never crossed my mind that stuff would be released in such different formats. To be honest I think a film might be better. I enjoyed the series, but it was a little slow at times. If what you've got is effectively a 1½ hour highlights package, I reckon that would be brilliant.

Yes, it was perfect as a film because there is no real story line as such, it is just the two of them rambling around the Peak District, the whole idea is to let them interact at the tables, which they do brilliantly.
  • Options
    Living in Norwich I found this really lame and embarrassing. Is it just because I live here or is it really lame and embarrassing?
  • Options
    It's because you live in Norwich.
  • Options

Living in Norwich is really lame and embarrassing.
    Fixed that for you... ;)
  • Options
    It's released on DVD on December the 2nd.

I'm looking forward to seeing it.