Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Alan Partridge alpha papa

2»

Comments

• Options
    Good. Something for my Christmas stocking. Seen it twice and looking forward to seeing it again.
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Good. Something for my Christmas stocking. Seen it twice and looking forward to seeing it again.

What a sad and deprived life you've had. Only two Christmas stockings in forty odd years.
  • Options

Stig said:

Interesting - it never crossed my mind that stuff would be released in such different formats. To be honest I think a film might be better. I enjoyed the series, but it was a little slow at times. If what you've got is effectively a 1½ hour highlights package, I reckon that would be brilliant.

Yes, it was perfect as a film because there is no real story line as such, it is just the two of them rambling around the Peak District, the whole idea is to let them interact at the tables, which they do brilliantly.
    They're doing a second series of that, this time around Italy, I think

• Options
    ads said:

Stig said:

Interesting - it never crossed my mind that stuff would be released in such different formats. To be honest I think a film might be better. I enjoyed the series, but it was a little slow at times. If what you've got is effectively a 1½ hour highlights package, I reckon that would be brilliant.

Yes, it was perfect as a film because there is no real story line as such, it is just the two of them rambling around the Peak District, the whole idea is to let them interact at the tables, which they do brilliantly.
    They're doing a second series of that, this time around Italy, I think

Not sure about that, don't think they can squeeze more out of this format.
  • Options
    Series two of The Trip is already in the can. Spoke to Rob Brydon about it when he hosted my company's 9/11 charity day.
  • Options
    Can't wait for it to come out on DVD, will finally be able to download it and give it a watch.