Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2013/2014 Weekly betting thread

Comments

• Options
    Are Norwich definitely gonna be understrengthed? I know survival will be their main priority but Swansea showed last season what can happen if you take this comp seriously.
  • Options
    I think AVB said he is going to rest a lot for tonights game soon. Their squad is pretty strong so may still win it.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    AVB said anyone involved on Sunday wouldnt be playing tonight. Bearing in mind this is out 3rd game in 6 days and Chelsea are next up in the league, he wont be leaving anything to chance and taking risks with anyone as we've got a shed load of injuries already.

I have to say, I wouldnt touch us with a barge pole tonight. Villa have been one of our bogey teams over the years but having seen Benteke is struggling with an injury and they're resting players too, who knows.

I've done Hull, Man City, Southampton, Chelsea, Welling & Salisbury at 17/1.
  • Options
    If you was to take a guess, what would your team be today @johnboyUK , Villa's price at 5-2 looks very tempting
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Did mine yesterday

Chelsea -1
    Man City
    Southampton
    Sociedad goals under 1.5 (vs Barcelona away)
    Magala vs Almeria over 1.5 total goals
    Athletico Madrid

55 off a 10er I think.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

If you was to take a guess, what would your team be today @johnboyUK , Villa's price at 5-2 looks very tempting

I've really got no idea tbh. Its tricky as I would have said the team that lined up in the Europa on Thursday but Defoe, Rose and Kaboul picked up knocks in that. So...

Friedel
    Walker*, Chiriches (making his debut), Kaboul (Dawson*/Vertonghen*), Naughton*
    Sandro, Dembele*
    Lamela, Holtby, Siggurdson*/Chadli
    Soldado or Kane

* played 90 mins or there abouts on Sunday.

Chiriches is supposed to be making his debut so would assume that one of Dawson or Vertonghen will play along side him if Kaboul hasnt recovered. Walker's normal RB cover is Naughton, so Naughton may play at RB and Zeky Fryers may play left back.

Sandro will play the 90. I've got a question mark as to who will play in the middle with him. I'm assuming Dembele.
    Lamela and Holtby will play the 90. Presuming Defoe hasnt recovered, will be Soldado or Kane up front.

So still fairly strong but very mix and match. I have to say, I fancy Villa at 5/2 but would never back a team to beat Spurs.

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Cheers for that Johnboy dont think I will be backing against you lot anymore :)
  • Options

for tonights COC.....

Spurs
    Norwich
    Draw or Peterboro
    Everton
    Arsenal

£10 returns £753.00

Terrible bet...
  • Options
    Ha and to think I didn't fancy Spurs tonight. Bloody terrific performance.
  • Options
    Good job you made me realize how strong your squad is. Well done great win
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Had Chelsea, Watford, Leicester, Burnley, Cambridge & Salisbury. Used my weekly fiver free bet, Norwich scored with last kick of the game, cost me just over 210 quid!!!
  • Options
    Had Hull, Southampton, Spurs, Man C, Chelsea and West Ham 75 from a fiver.
    Was bookies nighmare night. hahaha
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Did mine yesterday

Chelsea -1
    Man City
    Southampton
    Athletico Madrid

55 off a 10er I think.

Mine came in just about. Can't believe Almeria didn't score after averaging well over 2 goals a game this season, thank god Malaga did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, just trying to figure out why I didn't put Spurs in, especially when the team news came out.
  • Options
    Jaddick said:

Jaddick said:

Did mine yesterday

Chelsea -1
    Man City
    Southampton
    Athletico Madrid

55 off a 10er I think.

Mine came in just about. Can't believe Almeria didn't score after averaging well over 2 goals a game this season, thank god Malaga did.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, just trying to figure out why I didn't put Spurs in, especially when the team news came out.
    Decent bet that mate. Not a great price but like the mix of markets on that!
  • Options
    had £50.00 on man city,southampton,barcelona,athletico and malaga returned £175,also dortmund let me down for another £208 :(
  • Options
    last nights...

West Ham
    Chelsea
    Sunderland
    Man City
    Leicester
    Fulham

0.10 heinz....£5.70 = £57.12 - loverley!!!!!

@mronelung - updated the south london syndicate a few days ago.....

currently sitting £2.35 down.....not exactly setting the world alight!
  • Options
    Have to say, I'm a big fan of the Canadian and the Heinz now. Have been doing these regularly for about 6 months now and get more success with them than doing straight accumulators but obviously the odds are reduced as a result.
  • Options
    tonight have £50 on madrid,napoli,bayern,lazio and monaco fingers crossed
  • Options
    Have done Swansea, Real Madrid, Napoli, PSG, Roma and Monaco tonight. Think it was about 12/1.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I've put a couple of quid on Suarez first goalscorer tonight at 7/1...it was just too tempting.
  • Options
    Liverpool
    Swansea
    Stoke
    Newcastle
    WBA

And

Real Madrid
    Roma
    Ac Milan
    Stoke
    Swansea

Also a couple of handicap bets
  • Options
    cheers napoli lol
  • Options
    Napoli must have cost punters a fortune last night
  • Options
    also had 18 pound on roma,newcastle,stoke,dundee utd,psg,psv,juventus and ajax, who drew 1-1 with a team the league below at home in the cup,would of won 476 quid.absolutely fuming lol
  • Options
    Forest, Blackpool and reading are all better than evens for tomorrow's games. Treble pays just over 9's.
    Can't believe Blackpool are 5/4 at home to Bolton.
  • Options
    Had AIK Stockholm, Malmo, Greuther Furth, Everton and Fiorentina, first 4 won, Fiorentina were 2-1 up and contrived to lose the ball from a throw in and allow Parma to score, all in the last minute of injury time.
    Bollox
  • Options
    got a fiver on Atletico Madrid, Chelsea and Ajax @ 15/1.

nottingham forest @ evens is very tempting (never bet against Charlton before, but my word it will numb the pain if we lose again)
  • Options
    edited September 2013

Decent bet that mate. Not a great price but like the mix of markets on that!

Cheers boss. Yeah wasn't a huge return but paid for my losses after City let me down in one bet, United in another and stoke double chance didn't even come in. Shocking weekend.

Just a bit of news for tomorrow if anyone's planning on CL betting.

Hazard out, Mata will start (100%) and Oscar and Willian also expected
    Messi out Neymar could play through the middle
    Rosicky fit for Napoli game will probably feature
    Silva still a doubt for Bayern game

I've gone for

Arsenal v Napoli over 1.5 total goals
    Athletico Madrid double chance (Porto away)
    Chelsea
    Leicester double chance (Yeovil away)
    Blackpool double chance (Bolton home)

£50 off £10

I've also stuck in Forest double chance at 1.35 as a little boost. Turns into 68ish off 10 if you fancy adding that.

• Options
    Chelsea
    Reading
    Leeds
    Blackpool
    Leicester

£20 returns £595