Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pandas, what is the point?

2»

Comments

• Options
    chazza said:

This isn't far off one of the most pointless threads ever. No wonder we get dubbed as trainspotters.

And you just posted on it !

• Options
    chazza said:

This isn't far off one of the most pointless threads ever. No wonder we get dubbed as trainspotters.

Stick around...

Clearly, I'm playing Devils Advocate here and I like a panda as much as the next person tbh. But after 40 odd years of hearing about how they are barely hanging in there I don't think it's completely "out there" to question whether we can actually have an effect and maybe resources could be better deployed elsewhere.

If you want to take it to the next level maybe the conservation cause would be better served if we DID let them die out. Maybe then people would get the message about just what a mess of the planet we have made....

Anyway, this was only meant to be a lighthearted, slightly drunk discussion so apologies for any distress caused to panda lovers.
  • Options
    Humans, what is the point?
  • Options
    Talal said:

Humans, what is the point?

Ahh..now there is a question!
  • Options
    Bad statistic.

97% of tigers wiped out in the last hundred years.
  • Options
    Boom said:

The red pandas are probably the cutest animals ive ever see!

Damn right. They were also called pandas before giant ones, so really are the pwopa pandas.

Anyway, all animals have their part in the ecosystem. They eat plants, disperse seeds, trees grow and we get oxygen. Predators of any sort will keep numbers of other species down who could otherwise run amok eg. insects. It's all connected and was all going well until human intervention in the past 2000 years.

• Options
    RedPanda said:

It's all connected and was all going well until human intervention in the past 2000 years.

Man is the problem.

• Options
    Yeah.... humans, worth saving or not???
  • Options
    F in hate Pandas, splitters!
  • Options
    I live my life like a panda...

Eats, shoots, leaves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    About time they added a bit of colour to themselves. Black & white is so 1950's.....................
  • Options
    sralan said:

Yeah.... humans, worth saving or not???

Sometimes I wonder.
  • Options
    RedPanda said:

Boom said:

The red pandas are probably the cutest animals ive ever see!

Damn right. They were also called pandas before giant ones, so really are the pwopa pandas.

Anyway, all animals have their part in the ecosystem. They eat plants, disperse seeds, trees grow and we get oxygen. Predators of any sort will keep numbers of other species down who could otherwise run amok eg. insects. It's all connected and was all going well until human intervention in the past 2000 years.

You're just trying to make me feel guilty.

• Options
    If they are too lazy to shag then serves them right if the go extinct
  • Options
    Dave2l said:

Bad statistic.

97% of tigers wiped out in the last hundred years.

The majority of the World's tigers now live in...... Texas. That's how bad things are.
  • Options
    I think peeps are being a bit too black and white over this issue. I know these pandas.................
  • Options
    Ridiculous thread. Grow up and get a life.
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

Ridiculous thread. Grow up and get a life.

Living up to the name ain't you? ;o)
  • Options
    200 species dissappear everyday...we tend to worry more about the cute ones.

ps. Nature and evolution don't have a conscience.
  • Options
    Exactly maybe_baby.

Dolphin friendly tuna?
    not so friendly for the tuna though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I don't believe it.