Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

admitting your wrong

These Welsh folk and their country are fooking nice

we went for a cheapo option of a place called fishguard holiday park and it was cheap

less than half the price of a haven , had the best night in the best caravan i have had in one of these places it has the hottest outdoor pool i have been in at 28 degrees, surrounded by the most wonderful views, and the beaches around here are dog friendly and amazing

i was wrong very wrong about wales and the welsh

Comments

• Options
    Takes a big man with big balls to admit he's wrong ;0)
  • Options
    I wasn't!
  • Options
    Is it not exactly like "The Valleys"? Cause that is all we learn about Wales in Sweden.
  • Options

we went for a cheapo option of a place called fishguard holiday park and it was cheap

less than half the price of a haven , had the best night in the best caravan i have had in one of these places it has the hottest outdoor pool i have been in at 28 degrees, surrounded by the most wonderful views, and the beaches around here are dog friendly and amazing

We had some great holidays there when my family was younger.

I'm pleased to see it is still going.
  • Options
    Sounds like you scored with Baaabaaara
  • Options

And in 6/7 years time when you're supping on spritzers and tucking into a prawn butty at the Greenwich WONGA arena awaiting Charltons first leg draw in the champions league against AC Milan ill expect another admission. ;-)

• Options
    LenGlover said:

its old a bit dated and maybe not for everyone but its clean it has adequate facilities the people care the caravans are big and very very comfy

its not just going mate its thriving its pascked solid
  • Options

And in 6/7 years time when you're supping on spritzers and tucking into a prawn butty at the Greenwich WONGA arena awaiting Charltons first leg draw in the champions league against AC Milan ill expect another admission. ;-)

lol never mate i would be an enfield town st holder by then

• Options

had the best night in the best caravan i have had in one of these places

Better than the one in Father Ted?
  • Options
    Bloomin' 'eck NLA, you'll be agreeing with us that the Frenchies are great people next!! Is nuffink sacred?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    only just but yes things were very small out of our window too tiny cows
  • Options
    NLA - you need to do Scotland next.
  • Options
    now that would be a challenge its cold there regardless of month
  • Options
    Shouldn't it be 'admitting you're wrong'? Could be wrong and if i am I'll be the first to hold my hands up.
  • Options
    grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
  • Options
    Whereabouts are you NLA? I go to Wales a fair bit (family). It's lovely when the weather's nice, but being Wales, it's often wet and windy.
  • Options
    in fishguard mate not far from any of these lovely beaches on the pembrokeshire coast
  • Options

LenGlover said:

its old a bit dated and maybe not for everyone but its clean it has adequate facilities the people care the caravans are big and very very comfy

its not just going mate its thriving its pascked solid
    Our last visit was 1998 I think.

They used to have a Club onsite and they would get some quite decent acts in if you like a bit of light variety which I don't mind on holiday. There was a bloke who won New Faces when we were there I remember.
  • Options
    Lovely part of the country - enjoy!

Two recommendations if you get the time - I know you didn't ask, but here goes: 1. Go to St Davids and book a place on the boat Aquaphobia for a trip around Ramsay Island. 2. If you're up near Cardigan at all, Poppet Sands is a brilliant beach.
  • Options
    the entertainment made the evening from patch the panda for my 3 yr old to the entertainer last night brilliant old school end of pier loved it

bar ver very reasonable in prices compared to the bigger sites

was going to pm you stig will do both trips we are about half hr from both places so thanks for that weather is meant to be great tuesday or weds so will do the beach trip that day to poppet sands
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    If I didn't admit I was wrong at least once a week she wouldn't talk to me at all.
  • Options
    Will be interested to hear of any trips you do NLA. Am off there in our campervan next Saturday for a week. Doing a few sites all dotted around the Gower peninsular and towards Brecon later in the week.
  • Options
    will post them on here its well worth the drive mate,

cant belive the 4 of us and my lovely dog are here for just over 300 quid for a week, had to come away from the club house early as my little un is spent , but i think because it aint a big named camp site the entertainers go a little bit more to the line

This Panda is funny as hell and is like watching a disney pixar movie the kids love him but the adults get him as well

my sides hurt with laughter he dont let the kids win which i think is great
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Red

we went to Whitesands today with the kids and dog, the beach is amazing so flat and just sand not pebbles, the sea was so clear and clean shallow for ages , but the waves were something else hours of fun in the sea if you are up for a bit of body boarding or surfing this place was bang on as it has a hire van for the boards and wet suits and lessons

we just body boarded and swam but it was a great place

had a really cool looking camp site over looking the beach if i had a camper van thats what i would like to wake up and see in the morning
  • Options
    white sands truely stunning one of the best and cleanest british beaches i have been on a credit to wales
  • Options
    Nice :-)
  • Options
    and its beach weather here today not cold not too hot for the kids but me and my son were in the sea for ages whilst the wife the dog and my daughter were on the beach (dogs not allowed on that bit) but she went for here first swim today at Goodwick Paroog and loved it
  • Options
    If the weather is decent you really can't beat parts of Britain for a holiday.

Mind you, that's normally one huge Muthaclucking "IF"!
  • Options
    so far had 3 really good days all of us have a nice colour from it, tomorrow and weds look abit of a wash out before Thurs Fri go back to about 23 ish degrees and clear Sat looks hotter according to the bird in the reception so we will stay down Sat and head home in the evening

We reg Holiday in the UK as i think the kids need to see it aint all about the foreign holidays and we camp and caravan to do it when the sun shines i really wouldnt want to be anywhere else and finding this out about wales has opened more holidays here that is for sure

i was a dorset man love the place this place beats it and i never thought i would say that
  • Options
    Just wait until you see the Highlands/Islands of Scotland.....

If any of you reading haven't been to the Hebrides, then you are in for a treat. Pretty much as close to heaven on earth as you can get IMHO*

*With the possible exception of Floyd Road, SE7, that is....