Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

admitting your wrong

2»

Comments

• Options
    is it freezing all the time whats the best months
  • Options
    wales? Scotland? na... try the Isle of Grain...

• Options

These Welsh folk and their country are fooking nice

we went for a cheapo option of a place called fishguard holiday park and it was cheap

less than half the price of a haven , had the best night in the best caravan i have had in one of these places it has the hottest outdoor pool i have been in at 28 degrees, surrounded by the most wonderful views, and the beaches around here are dog friendly and amazing

i was wrong very wrong about wales and the welsh

When you gonna admit to being wrong about them folk from Coventry?
  • Options
    Have a night out in Cardiff after they have gubbed England at rugby, like I did, then get back to me about how lovely they are....
  • Options

Just wait until you see the Highlands/Islands of Scotland.....

If any of you reading haven't been to the Hebrides, then you are in for a treat. Pretty much as close to heaven on earth as you can get IMHO*

*With the possible exception of Floyd Road, SE7, that is....

Have always avoided due to the lack of availability of my deep fried skag, but was thinking of going to the Orkneys. Would you recommend the Hebrides? And why? Thanks..
  • Options
    I've got a client site in Cardiff and go there regularly. Have to say that pretty much all of the people I've come across have been great.
  • Options
    PopIcon said:

These Welsh folk and their country are fooking nice

we went for a cheapo option of a place called fishguard holiday park and it was cheap

less than half the price of a haven , had the best night in the best caravan i have had in one of these places it has the hottest outdoor pool i have been in at 28 degrees, surrounded by the most wonderful views, and the beaches around here are dog friendly and amazing

i was wrong very wrong about wales and the welsh

When you gonna admit to being wrong about them folk from Coventry?

Never ever ever
  • Options
    edited August 2013

Just wait until you see the Highlands/Islands of Scotland.....

If any of you reading haven't been to the Hebrides, then you are in for a treat. Pretty much as close to heaven on earth as you can get IMHO

*With the possible exception of Floyd Road, SE7, that is....

Have always avoided due to the lack of availability of my deep fried skag, but was thinking of going to the Orkneys. Would you recommend the Hebrides? And why? Thanks..
    Only ever done a day trip to Orkney when we were holidaying right up on the North Coast of the mainland. Skara Brae is a massively underrated historic site, more impressive and atmospheric than Stone Henge imo and well worth the effort of getting to Orkney. Kirkwall is a very pleasant town but was mostly filled with those ubiquitous middle class holiday trinket type shops. Other than that the scenery was nice enough (although less spectacular than the Highlands) and would offer some good walking/wildlife spotting, there is little tin church that was built by Italian POWs and is quite cool and Scapa Flow has an interesting history although it's basically just a bit of water now. Not many deep fried skag emporiums in evidence so if you're not into walking, I'm not sure how long it'd take before you kind of ran out of stuff to do.

I know you actually asked about the Hebrides but I'm so frigging bored of talking about the board/midfield I thought I'd chuck my two pence in on this.

Wales is also lovely. Very little anti English sentiment in Southern Wales and Pembrokeshire and the Gower has all the scenery of Cornwall, better beaches, way less crowds and less Ruperts and Camillas from Surrey with more money than sense forcing the price of everything up. Snowdonia is also a truly beautiful environment, kind of Scottish Highlands lite but the reception for English can be a little frostier than southern areas, although I've never had any trouble. Some cracking castles up there too.

• Options
    Just got back from doing the Ramsey Island Tour, Couldnt do Aquaphobia as my little girl wouldnt have enjoyed the thrill side of that boat, but me and my boy are going to go and do it

All i can say is WOW what a great way to spend 60 odd quid and 2 hrs, Stunning Scenery and the wild life, the Seals so close to you and the porpoises , then the Periguin Falcons (spelling) was just unreal, but by far the most stunning was the reef where you get 2 different levels of sea water something i have never seen before

we took the tranquil Thousand islands tour on a tidy slower vessel than the Aquaphobia

Red you have to do this trip either do it on a thrill seeking vessel it looked real good for people and kids above an age of 10 and ride the rapids and whirl pools or take the leisurly route like we done and just absorb the beauty and wonder of it all
  • Options
    Excellent. Shame your little girl's not so keen. Still, you and your boy will love it I'm sure - everyone does!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    she watched a vid of it and said i will fall off i want to go on gthe slow boat 8(
  • Options

To add to what Exiled Addick says, I've been to Orkney twice, it's a magical place. If you like your bronze age monuments and (and I do) then it's the place to be - you can't help but trip over the buggers as they're all over the place. Often, you'll have them to yourselves whereas many similar things on the mainland would have a visitor centre and be fenced off. I would recommend reading this first as the viking associations up there are everywhere (given it was part of Norway until the 17 century (I think): http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Orkneyinga_saga
    Great people and a lovely soft accent with a gentle Scandinavian inflection - one of the nicest you will hear anywhere.

Anyway, the Hebrides, where do I start? Beautiful beaches (think white sand, clear blue waters, surrounded by mountains), which you often have to yourselves. Add to that a lot of megafauna that you wouldn't see in many other parts of the UK (e.g great big white tailed sea eagles, otter, whales, the lot) all around the shop and a place with an enchanting beauty. Even to read some of the Gaelic place names off the map seems like poetry....just go - you won't regret it. My favourite island is Rum, but if I were to recommend a place to start it would probably be the Isle of Mull....wonderful. Damn, when I start thinking about these places, I just wish I was there right now!
  • Options
    I went to Tobermory on Mull. I saw Ballamory being filmed. F*cking RESULT! Met PC Plum. I mean, I'm not usually star-struck...
  • Options
    This has jogged my memory, I went on a day trip to Tobermory with my Parent's friends daughter and her friend when were all staying near Oban. Unfortunately I was about 12 and they weren't much to look at so I didnlt reallyget to take proper advantage of that situation. Tobermory was nice although I did have a slightly perilous run in with a crusty old man who was stood on the edge of the habour playing with himself.