Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton Shirts!

I am in the market for a shirt. Don't want to buy the new kit as I like the nostalgia of having the old kit. Whats the rarest or oldest one I can still get me hands on? anyone selling one? I like the old blue 1990 Woolwich shirt if anyone wants to part with a size large?

Comments

• Options
    EBay is your best bet
    Some bargains on there
  • Options
    Follow the Greenwich and Bexley hospice fundraiser. 2 old shirts on auction over the next few months.
  • Options
    where do I follow that shirty?
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

where do I follow that shirty?

Top of the message board. Next auction next week

• Options
    classicfootballshirts.com do some old ones......be prepared to pay top dollar though
  • Options
    TOFFS are still doing the cotton classics............... http://www.toffs.com/Charlton/products/548/
  • Options
    Also a toffs type 1946 cup final shirt, 1992 red home top and a Derek Hales testimonial jumper on auction soon
  • Options
    MSE7 - me thinks you know exactly what you are after; probably the rarest, most expensive replica Charlton shirt of the modern era. Hoping someone will sell you one cheap as they might not know the value?! Crafty old sea dog!
  • Options
    meldrew66 said:

MSE7 - me thinks you know exactly what you are after; probably the rarest, most expensive replica Charlton shirt of the modern era. Hoping someone will sell you one cheap as they might not know the value?! Crafty old sea dog!

Surely It's not the recently banned Sailor Brown?
  • Options
    Stone said:

TOFFS are still doing the cotton classics............... http://www.toffs.com/Charlton/products/548/

Those shirts look nice, but £60+ for a scarf - jeez!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    meldrew66 said:

Nope not at all, I am willing to pay the going rate whatever thy maybe!

• Options
    Nicer than Hawaiian ones. They make my eyes sore.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    The grey away shirt from 1988 is available on one of the websites. Also the red one from that era, I know as I sold them to the dealer.
  • Options
    Try this site.

http://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/other-uk-clubs/championship/charlton.html

This is the grey shirt, I don't know where the red one is.
  • Options
    £100 for a red Woolwich shirt on ebay
  • Options
    My favourite kit has always been the 2005 centenary shirt with the white stripe down one side.
  • Options
    On the look out for some old shirts myself in size for the larger gentlemen!
  • Options
    I've got dozens for sale as fund raisers for the CAFC causes (Upbeats, Academy, etc).

Lots of 90s and 00s but a few 80s I think.

Plenty for the fuller figure too
  • Options

My favourite kit has always been the 2005 centenary shirt with the white stripe down one side.

I always liked that but it was bloody itchy.

• Options
    se9addick said:

£100 for a red Woolwich shirt on ebay

Really? Might gave to stick mine on there, doesn't fit anyway!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

I always liked that but it was bloody itchy.

Worst two shirts in my collection...awful amatuerish design and crap material imho.

Wouldnt pay £150 for that Osca red shirt from 84...Im not even certain its a genuine shirt. Ive pretty much got them all now, bar the Grey Woolwich...and the one for sale is too small!

• Options
    Tel - yeah, I too have all bar the Grey Woolwich shirt. Add to the shirts a wide range of official training wear and I reckon I could go 3 seasons at home wearing a different CAFC top................now, gotta search for a cheap grey one!
  • Options
    I have the grey woolwich one somewhere so I shall try and dig it out this weekend to see what size it is.
    While touching on this subject there was even even rarer beast than that grey shirt on ebay a few months ago and that was the same year and design but in yellow. If my memory serves me right we only wore that kit twice.
  • Options
    CAFC999, you forgot to add

"So Henry can auction it". ; - )
  • Options

CAFC999, you forgot to add

"So Henry can auction it". ; - )

how very forgetful of me

• Options
    cafc999 said:

I have the grey woolwich one somewhere so I shall try and dig it out this weekend to see what size it is.
    While touching on this subject there was even even rarer beast than that grey shirt on ebay a few months ago and that was the same year and design but in yellow. If my memory serves me right we only wore that kit twice.

That might be right, we wore it at Arsenal. I believe that it was used when we played under floodlights, away, against teams that play in red as the grey shirts didn't show up as well. I have a feeling the other game was Liverpool, but I can't quite be sure.

Do you remember what it sold for? It must have been a team shirt as I don't believe that the club sold the yellow shirts.
  • Options

cafc999 said:

That might be right, we wore it at Arsenal. I believe that it was used when we played under floodlights, away, against teams that play in red as the grey shirts didn't show up as well. I have a feeling the other game was Liverpool, but I can't quite be sure.

Do you remember what it sold for? It must have been a team shirt as I don't believe that the club sold the yellow shirts.
    I think it was about £150+ and yes it was a team shirt as the yellow ones never went on sale to the public.

The two games were indeed Arsenal away (2-2 back to the valley match in which all four goals were superb) and Liverpool away (I think we got done 2 or 3 nil)

• Options
    I have snaffled 3 red 'Woolwich' shirts for myself off ebay. Love them!
  • Options
    MSE7 said:

I am in the market for a shirt. Don't want to buy the new kit as I like the nostalgia of having the old kit. Whats the rarest or oldest one I can still get me hands on? anyone selling one? I like the old blue 1990 Woolwich shirt if anyone wants to part with a size large?

Got the blue short-sleeved Woolwich myself, but in small. Doubt i'd sell it now after keeping it all these years.

• Options
    I seem to remember a pair being sold...the grey and the yellow for £350 a few years ago, but again they were in medium. A match worn Colin Pates sold for £175 in grey too if memory serves me right.