Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Senior Cup 2013/14

Comments

• Options
    I expected more from the cafc youngsters to be fair. Two up top looked dangerous when fed but cant think of any real stand out player.
  • Options
    FT 1-0.

Poor performance generally, but a few stand outs.

Feely - Imperious, don't think he missed a header all night

Daniel - Came on in the second half. First time I've seen him. Decent pace, two footed, put himself about.

But the star man...Jack Munns. Small in stature, but big in heart. Chased everything, and showed decent vision and skill. Looked like he wants an extension to that 5 month contract.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reports. Who do we play in the next round? Is it Dartford?
  • Options
    Was munns the 34? If so, yeah he actually looked decent. Looked about 14.
  • Options

Thanks for your reports. Who do we play in the next round? Is it Dartford?

The Darts away in the next round
  • Options
    JT said:

Was munns the 34? If so, yeah he actually looked decent. Looked about 14.

Yep, Munns was 34...
  • Options
    Munns was MoM for me last night.
  • Options
    Why is Feely back, thought he was out on loan
  • Options
    Feely only went on loan for a month. Carlisle dropped him and signed another centre back on loan instead.
  • Options
    Any idea when the Dartford game is?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Charlton’s Kent Senior Cup second round clash against Dartford will be played on Wednesday, October 16th (7.45pm) at Princes Park, the club confirmed on Monday
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

Charlton’s Kent Senior Cup second round clash against Dartford will be played on Wednesday, October 16th (7.45pm) at Princes Park, the club confirmed on Monday

Another derby match !
  • Options
    To-morrow night
  • Options
    How much are tickets?
  • Options
    Battle of the academies. Dartford will be sending out a youngish squad too for this one.
  • Options
    Any news on teams etc
  • Options
    Aaron Barnes (u18 full back) is with the squad

@AzzaBarnes: Travelling with the u21s to play Dartford in the Kent Senior Cup #cafc
  • Options
    Charlton: Phillips, Holmes-Dennis, Feely, Lennon, Osborne, Daniel, Gerard, Poyet, Jordan, Munns, Sho-Silva (OG) #cafc

Subs: Muldoon, Barnes, Ahearne-Grant, Gomez, Thomas (OG) #cafc
  • Options
    any score yet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    at 80mins 0-0
  • Options
    1-0 Dartford F/T
  • Options
    another great cup run !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    Lost 1 0, 97th minute free kick, Princes a KSC graveyard, more corners than spaghetti junction and if Sunderland really want to pay money for Diego Poyet...
  • Options
    Bit harsh on Diego, RS ....

But so much possession, so many corners , so many chances created....and so little to show for it.

Marvelled at some of the skills shown on the ball but oh boy ! Do we need someone to put the finishing touch !

Really missing Joe Piggott ( who was there watching the lads tonight) and Michael Smith in this squad and seemingly a dearth of young strikers to take their place.

Should have scored 6 but when you don't take your chances ....a sucker punch was always on the cards.

• Options
    Euell out
  • Options
    Not harsh FF, just looking at a potential pound note that could be handy - with Azeez and/or Jordan would have won easily.
  • Options
    Thought we were unlucky,mainly controlled the game but lacked a cutting edge up front.Even azeez would of given us more of a chance.i personally thought poyet played well along with no.9 daniel? also think kevin feely will be a very useful cb in the next few seasons
  • Options
    If you think about it, the academy have lost Smith to the Wombles, Azeez to Torquay, and Pigott to the 1st team. That's a lot of goals to lose.

We were clearly the best team on the night, and the Dartford fans I spoke to could not believe that they got away with it. Their keeper pulled off 3-4 good saves to keep them in it.

Saying that, we missed 2-3 open goals.

I found it pleasing that Charlton tried to play football on the deck, using the superior pace of the 3 up front. Much better than the hoof ball that the first team so often serve up.

IMO, Poyet was the best player on the park by a country mile. Daniel also played well, and is a very flexible player, who can play either wide, or through the middle. Saying that, I am struggling to think of any of the boys who played badly. If Munns had played as well as I have seen him play previously, I think we would have won.

There is one major difference this year. Jase is a Charlton legend but, as top academy coach, he is not worthy of lacing Nathan Jones boots...
  • Options
    I take it we played a back four, who was in the midfield and who in the front three?