Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Kent Senior Cup 2013/14

13»

Comments

• Options
    midfield was poyet,munns,jordan and three up top were sho silva with daniel and gerard supporting
  • Options

If you think about it, the academy have lost Smith to the Wombles, Azeez to Torquay, and Pigott to the 1st team. That's a lot of goals to lose.

We were clearly the best team on the night, and the Dartford fans I spoke to could not believe that they got away with it. Their keeper pulled off 3-4 good saves to keep them in it.

Saying that, we missed 2-3 open goals.

I found it pleasing that Charlton tried to play football on the deck, using the superior pace of the 3 up front. Much better than the hoof ball that the first team so often serve up.

IMO, Poyet was the best player on the park by a country mile. Daniel also played well, and is a very flexible player, who can play either wide, or through the middle. Saying that, I am struggling to think of any of the boys who played badly. If Munns had played as well as I have seen him play previously, I think we would have won.

There is one major difference this year. Jase is a Charlton legend but, as top academy coach, he is not worthy of lacing Nathan Jones boots...

How can you say that when the bloke has been in the job just a few months?
  • Options
    Agree, really harsh on Euell.

Judging by reports of those that were there, the team were set up well, played good possession football on the deck - but lacked a cutting edge.

The best manager in the world can't score the goals for his team.

• Options
    Did Ahearne-Grant get on?