Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Pigott and Kermorgant...

2»

Comments

• Options

I think there's an argument that Rooney is starting to get burnt out after playing too much too young. I certainly think it played a part in Owen retiring so young.

Piggott should be on the bench, but I agree with Scoham - the next youngster to blood should be Cousins as he potentially could bring a lot of things to the centre of midfield that are currently missing.

I actually completely agree, playing youngsters every week at 16/17 is very harmful for them. Even Messi didn't get regular football til he was about 18/19
  • Options
    Pigott was playing every week for the Under-21's last season, and his game improved a helluva lot. And he's 19, not 17 like Owen was,which IMO is old enough to contribute, probably from the bench. If that happens we can have a better look at him.
  • Options
    In the absence of Pritchard, as Scoham says, Cousins is the youngster to bring in. Our midfield is too lethargic and one paced otherwise.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    It isn't about what a player feels for the club it is about how well he plays for it. Far too early to be writing Sordell off. I think Church will start on Saturday though and I agree with Len that it feels like the right time for Cousins.

Piggot is undoubtably an exciting prospect though and I'm sure he will be eased into the reckoning as the season progresses, as long as he takes his opportunities.

When a team plays as badly as we did last week, some young blood and a few changes is vital.
  • Options
    It's quite silly how people can feel so strongly that Pigott should play, when they have never seen him kick a ball.

I don't think he should start, but won't be upset if he does. But at least I've an opinion based on having see him play a few times.
  • Options

It's quite silly how people can feel so strongly that Pigott should play, when they have never seen him kick a ball.

I don't think he should start, but won't be upset if he does. But at least I've an opinion based on having see him play a few times.

It's quite silly and arrogant of you to opine that other posters opinions on this topic are silly.
    I have not seen Pigott play because as far as I know he has played only once in a competitive first team game which I did not see and as I live a long way from the valley and 'the south', I did not go to any of the pre season friendlies
    I am basing my opinion on other posters views on the player, brief TV viewings and the fact that it seems he is highly thought of by both fans and CAFC management. The youth team set up is expensive to run and surely is designed to provide professionals for the first team. It seems to me logical that early in the season is a good time to give some of the more exciting prospects a run in the team before things get too hectic and the 'fans' too restless.
    Refrain from calling posters with genuine and well presented views 'silly' and I will refrain from calling the posts that you provide, usually copies taken from some publication or other as 'silly, mostly irrelevant posts'
  • Options
    This used to be a sensible thread, but now it's become silly.